• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hawks board is a little slow right now, so here's a hot take for you.......maybe

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they manage to hit draft classes like they did in 2010-2012 in the next three drafts, the Seahawks will never win another Super Bowl or even an NFC championship with Russell Wilson as QB.

Not because Wilson isn't the best QB to ever suit up for the Hawks (and most definitely a top 5 QB in the league) but just because of the cap hit Wilson has on the team. There is just not enough talent on D. And because of that fact I wish the front office would have found a way to get a king's ransom for Wilson this offseason. Trade him to the Bears and maybe Seattle grabs Fields with one of the many first round picks they would have received in return.

I legit think that gives the Hawks a better chance to win a SB.

Maybe. Idk how the exact details of the cap because I'm not smart.

Also, the roster this year is below average. We gotta hope the new OC helps put up 35 a game or else this is going to be an 8 win season (that's a losing record now folks). The defense is pure shit.

It's a Drew Brees situation moving forward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they manage to hit draft classes like they did in 2010-2012 in the next three drafts, the Seahawks will never win another Super Bowl or even an NFC championship with Russell Wilson as QB.

Not because Wilson isn't the best QB to ever suit up for the Hawks (and most definitely a top 5 QB in the league) but just because of the cap hit Wilson has on the team. There is just not enough talent on D. And because of that fact I wish the front office would have found a way to get a king's ransom for Wilson this offseason. Trade him to the Bears and maybe Seattle grabs Fields with one of the many first round picks they would have received in return.

Also, the roster this year is below average. We gotta hope the new OC helps put up 35 a game or else this is going to be an 8 win season (that's a losing record now folks). The defense is pure shit.

It's really not just the cap hit for Wilson, it's just hard to get back to being a Superbowl contender. See how the Bronco's, Eagles,Panthers, Rams have done since their last Superbowl appearance. The Seahawks have been stuck at good , but not great since the glory days. I'm actual hopeful things break right for them this season and I'm willing to see how things go and hope. You can poke holes at any team that some consider "contenders" this year IMO. Packers are dealing with Rogers unhappiness, Saints dealing with Brees retiring, 49ers trying to figure out to stick with Jimmy G or go with a raw rookie at QB......you get the picture, contenders all have their problems. Being in the NFC West does make it a bit harder because the division been competitive for some time, but I do think the Seahawks can win the division again and then they need to go on a roll and who knows.....right?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are just too many variables to state a reason.

Look at how good the division has been this entire time. Imagine we got to play the AFCE the last 10 years. I think our SB chances would be infinitely higher even with everything else being the same.

Injuries too. Who knows, next season the QB on the team being the biggest obstacle could tear an ACL and the road instantly becomes much easier.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also would like to bring up the D went from GOD Awful to ok by the end of the year. It was the dramatic drop of the O that cost them. And as much as Wilson wants to 100% blame Pete, I think he too should get about 30-40. I still see a play where against the rams all the WR were deep, he was in a clasping pocket and if he runs straight up there is 10-15 yards of open field. Wilson, waited for an opening and boom, sack

Another two things Seattle will need to figure out is of course Adams deal but also DK, as DK is going to want top 1 WR money once his time is up.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You never trade a franchise QB unless you absolutely have to.

It took Seattle nearly 4 decades to find a franchise level QB. Finding another one capable of playing even near Russ' level might take another 40 years.

Ride the QB until the wheels come off. Hopefully you can talk him into restructures and/or nominal contract discounts. But don't get rid of him unless the situation becomes 100% untenable.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also would like to bring up the D went from GOD Awful to ok by the end of the year. It was the dramatic drop of the O that cost them. And as much as Wilson wants to 100% blame Pete, I think he too should get about 30-40. I still see a play where against the rams all the WR were deep, he was in a clasping pocket and if he runs straight up there is 10-15 yards of open field. Wilson, waited for an opening and boom, sack

Another two things Seattle will need to figure out is of course Adams deal but also DK, as DK is going to want top 1 WR money once his time is up.
Wilson has admitted he was at fault a lot of times on the sacks and failed plays. Wilson knows this but his game as a QB becomes extremely dangerous when he keeps it alive with scrambles and everyone knows this. He has proven over the years he can drop back and do the quick passing game with the best of them. Then with the play calling and everyone knowing what's coming Wilson kind of sat on to many throws. Dozens of times I saw the short quick pass there for the taking but Wilson would look it off. They became, including Wilson, to dependent on the long ball in the passing game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think D'Wayne Eskridge will help this offense with his short game play add in TE Gerald Everett and I am sure we will see more quick throws to Lockett again. I know Pete likes to run the ball and short quick throws doesn't really open up the running game as it pulls everyone down around the LoS. Still this opens up those moonshots he likes to throw and I think we can all agree to this, those are the most beautiful passes ever when he drops it into a bucket 50-60 yards down the field after hitting the moon.

Offense needs to find an identity, last season we saw two different teams on offense. ( Yes and same for the defense )

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are stuck in that zone of being good but not good enough… Having a good QB always keeping us around 10 wins keeps our draft stock low and we’re just not getting that top talent… You almost need some bad seasons to re-tool… Pete and John have also had some pretty big swings and misses in the draft lately… Right now our corner situation is sad, good safety tandem but we’re gonna get torched with the sub par talent we have at corner … Seahawks should seriously consider bringing Sherman back this year, it’s almost a must, because we’re SCREWED if we don’t make some changes there …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are stuck in that zone of being good but not good enough… Having a good QB always keeping us around 10 wins keeps our draft stock low and we’re just not getting that top talent… You almost need some bad seasons to re-tool… Pete and John have also had some pretty big swings and misses in the draft lately… Right now our corner situation is sad, good safety tandem but we’re gonna get torched with the sub par talent we have at corner … Seahawks should seriously consider bringing Sherman back this year, it’s almost a must, because we’re SCREWED if we don’t make some changes there …
It's bad drafting that has held this team back. Shouldn't matter where in the first round you draft, there's prime talent and they've traded back multiple years or whiffed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad drafting that has held this team back. Shouldn't matter where in the first round you draft, there's prime talent and they've traded back multiple years or whiffed.

There is always good talent in the first round, but usually you nab the elite talent in the top 15 or so… That’s not always the case, gems can be found later for sure, but in general …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always good talent in the first round, but usually you nab the elite talent in the top 15 or so… That’s not always the case, gems can be found later for sure, but in general …

Hawks have never drafted well in the first round#1 2010 Okung, Earl in the high 1st and Okung was "ok" but being a #6 pick he should have been better than he was. They Wiffed in 2011, 2012 Irvin at 15, not a bust but not a 1st round player, would have been fine for a late 2nd early 3rd. 2016 wiff! 2018 could have had Chubb so I say WIFF! 2019 Wiff, 2020 is still iffy to me, Brooks shows promise but some times looks lost out there and that scares me. We never saw that with Bobby or KJ.

When I went back and looked at the drafting I noticed that since 2018 they got a lot of players that are important meat and potato style players for this team. the stuff that helps everything stick together after the starters. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your talent level and like I stated before I think our talent level was so low that they made average to slightly above average players look like probowlers. If those guys can take steps then it's like the 2010-12 group and we saw how that and a few more pieces made them take the big step. Fingers crossed we are on the same path. Wont hold my breath but I do believe the window is open and opening more not closing. Lets see how the next couple seasons turn out. Hoping for some more Superbowl runs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel there's been a little too much reaching for players instead of getting BPA.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just bumping because after tonight I think this would have been the right move.

Trade him a year earlier than they actually did.

Holy shit Wilson looked like hot fucking garbage tonight. He was a top 5 NFL QB at one point but right now he's a complete lost cause.

He's done dude. He's always been robot with no personality but now he's malfunctioning and it's hilarious.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bumping because after tonight I think this would have been the right move.

Trade him a year earlier than they actually did.

Holy shit Wilson looked like hot fucking garbage tonight. He was a top 5 NFL QB at one point but right now he's a complete lost cause.

He's done dude. He's always been robot with no personality but now he's malfunctioning and it's hilarious.

HELL he was a TOP THREE QB at one point, it was Wilson, Rogers and Brady. His game is broken is it karma or something else like a messed up nerve? That's the big question. Also his HC isn't doing him ANY favors that's for sure. lol

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL he was a TOP THREE QB at one point, it was Wilson, Rogers and Brady. His game is broken is it karma or something else like a messed up nerve? That's the big question. Also his HC isn't doing him ANY favors that's for sure. lol
True, Hackett is a.......bad coach.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the trade wilson bandwagon for a few years, but they definitely traded him at exactly the right time. if they had waited one more year he would be untradeable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless something happened in the offseason his finger shouldn't be an issue as he was making all the throws the last few games of last season (yes they were against bad teams, but it's not like Denver outside of San Fran has faced any real good defenses). That said, he was playing with a shoulder issue last night. He said he was good to go - but I have to question whether that's the case.

Wilson was IMO a great QB and should be in the HOF... he's the best QB Seattle ever had. That said, his strength was 1) Great arm (IMO he still has that, but now injuries), 2) Selling the playaction on a run first team, and 3) Mobility.

While injuries might be hampering #1, #3 on my list is gone. Guy is 34, and has taken a lot of hits due to not only just the nature of the game, but his playstyle (holding onto the ball forever, trying to extend the play - 16 sacks and 36 QB hits in Denver which was supposed to be this OH SO BETTER LINE, already) also allowed a lot of those hits. He's not able to roll outside of the pocket as easy anymore, and it appears whether it's Hackett or Wilson that he's now trying to be a pocket QB. .................. Well, if that's the case, that's not going to work and it's not what you traded for.

Denver traded for an improv QB who uses his legs to extend plays and take shots downfield. Wilson never was a progression/middle of the field/check down QB. Again, that worked fine when he could use his legs, but now that's gone.... ..... eh whatever, Denver bought a used car with a blown head gasket and paid $200M+ for it. And I've held this stance all offseason, I graded the trade favorable for Seattle.