• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hard Knocks Thread; LA Stage

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavon Austin signed a 4 year 42 million extension today with 30 million guaranteed!

Time to produce on the field!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like alot of money for a guy who still hasn't had a single 1000 yard season...

Rams offense has been unable to create one since 2007 (Holt). It's dumbfounding that the Rams can't figure out how to best use him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this Hard Knocks is getting some serious viewership as several local sports talk radio show hosts are now watching regularly.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like last weeks episode, showing how much Singletary is coaching up Ogletree.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SE. Singletary's influence is evident. Tree had some serious hits and run stuffs against the Broncos when he was in there. I like the change and Ogletree appears to be making the transition to MLB very nicely.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally had my doubts about moving Alec to MLB, but so far the transition seems to be an overall improvement for the defense.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SE. Singletary's influence is evident. Tree had some serious hits and run stuffs against the Broncos when he was in there. I like the change and Ogletree appears to be making the transition to MLB very nicely.

That was a great move by the FO bringing in Singletary while Tree is switching to MLB. Huge

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one has commented about last night's episode, a few quick takeaway's I had...

1. I don't think Joyner EVER resigns with us after this year...

2. I think getting rid of Kush was a mistake. I think a guy with that kind of positive attitude is a HUGE plus for any team...

3. Boras and Fisher just seem like complete bores and not very inspiring at all...Young guys need inspiration/motivation, I don't see that kind of thing from them at all. Their pregame, halftime and postgame speeches put me to sleep, even when they're yelling...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one has commented about last night's episode, a few quick takeaway's I had...

2. I think getting rid of Kush was a mistake. I think a guy with that kind of positive attitude is a HUGE plus for any team...

3. Boras and Fisher just seem like complete bores and not very inspiring at all...Young guys need inspiration/motivation, I don't see that kind of thing from them at all. Their pregame, halftime and postgame speeches put me to sleep, even when they're yelling...

Joyner is going to see the field a lot, which by his own statements is all he wants; the chance to start and play.

Kush has a positive attitude, but his play wasn't all that impressive in the preseason. For as much as we wanted an upgrade over Barnes, nobody came close to challenging his job. Not a great sign.

Fisher seems to be popular with his players, and everyone seems to be having fun (until they're cut anyway). While that sounds good, I'm not so sure it's a winning method. All of the coaches seemed to play it up for the cameras, with the stricter coaches coming off as just as fake as Fisher.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyner is going to see the field a lot, which by his own statements is all he wants; the chance to start and play.

Kush has a positive attitude, but his play wasn't all that impressive in the preseason. For as much as we wanted an upgrade over Barnes, nobody came close to challenging his job. Not a great sign.

Fisher seems to be popular with his players, and everyone seems to be having fun (until they're cut anyway). While that sounds good, I'm not so sure it's a winning method. All of the coaches seemed to play it up for the cameras, with the stricter coaches coming off as just as fake as Fisher.

Yes, Joyner might see the field alot, but you can tell that he was NOT happy about being the slot corner and not one of the top two, I can't blame him. I think he's gone after this year unless somehow a miracle happens...

As for Kush, we kept some guys that did squat this preseason...What did Pace Murphy do? not even sure who the HELL that is but he's on our roster. Kush was picked up by the Bears the day after we cut him and is still there, he must be good enough for an NFL roster, just somehow not ours because we have to keep a guy like Pace Murphy...

Yes, of course Fisher is popular, he lets them get away with whatever the hell they want...What was the punishment for that "buggy" incident in training camp they showed on Hard Knocks? nothing!!! not a damn thing...Of course they love him, they can get away with murder and this guy would be ok with it as long as he's not charged and his players can still play...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joyner acted like a little kid that just had his candy taken away from him when he didn't get reps that one day. Although I still think Fisher will want him re-signed.
Kush I think will be a serviceable backup but I don't see him ever making a push to be a starter. The guy that I thought came across as looking the best was Austin Hill. The guy seems to have a good head on his shoulders and comes across as very likeable and family oriented. But as a football player, he did nothing to impress me from what I saw of him.
Agreed about Boras and Fisher. It just comes across as normal run of the mill stuff that all blends together.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyner acted like a little kid that just had his candy taken away from him when he didn't get reps that one day. Although I still think Fisher will want him re-signed.
Kush I think will be a serviceable backup but I don't see him ever making a push to be a starter. The guy that I thought came across as looking the best was Austin Hill. The guy seems to have a good head on his shoulders and comes across as very likeable and family oriented. But as a football player, he did nothing to impress me from what I saw of him.
Agreed about Boras and Fisher. It just comes across as normal run of the mill stuff that all blends together.

While I agree with you about Joyner, we have to remember that he was a guy who was tagged so for that alone you can bet he's not happy, then you want to mess with his position, NOT a good idea...

I don't want Kush as a starter, nor have I EVER said that. All I said is that I would've liked for him to be on our roster considering the "immeasurables" someone like that adds to our team...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Kush as a starter, nor have I EVER said that. All I said is that I would've liked for him to be on our roster considering the "immeasurables" someone like that adds to our team...
I was never implying that you said that. All I was stating was that he will be a serviceable backup to whichever team(s) he will be with in the future. He was a guy that while I would've liked to have kept, he wasn't a guy that I was overly upset at being cut either.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never implying that you said that. All I was stating was that he will be a serviceable backup to whichever team(s) he will be with in the future. He was a guy that while I would've liked to have kept, he wasn't a guy that I was overly upset at being cut either.

I hear ya...Am just kinda pissed that Kush was cut I guess...Its not like our O-line is SO good that we can afford to cut anyone with a modicum of talent. Plus, when you add in his "spirit", I think we may have made a big mistake...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...Am just kinda pissed that Kush was cut I guess...Its not like our O-line is SO good that we can afford to cut anyone with a modicum of talent. Plus, when you add in his "spirit", I think we may have made a big mistake...
The guy had focus problems, maybe he should think about Seattle as a future home. I hear they hand out Adderall like candy....

peds-300x266.jpg

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy had focus problems, maybe he should think about Seattle as a future home. I hear they hand out Adderall like candy....

peds-300x266.jpg

I think half to three quarters of our team has focus problems, including the midget we just signed for how much again? :L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you about Joyner, we have to remember that he was a guy who was tagged so for that alone you can bet he's not happy, then you want to mess with his position, NOT a good idea...

He has never been an outside corner on this team though. He has been a safety and inside (or slot) corner. Slot corner is often the toughest CB position, as Fisher noted, and Joyner needs to realize that.

When was Joyner tagged? Are you thinking of Trumaine Johnson?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has never been an outside corner on this team though. He has been a safety and inside (or slot) corner. Slot corner is often the toughest CB position, as Fisher noted, and Joyner needs to realize that.

When was Joyner tagged? Are you thinking of Trumaine Johnson?

Yeah, brain fart on that one lol...Too many J's on this team, even without Janoris lol