• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Great Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy at all, wining Superbowls is a team thing, hell Jim McMahan, Trent Dilfer, won superbowls, they wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Dan Marino who didn't.
Team thing sure, but the QB has to have ice in his veins and not fold like a Walmart suit under pressure. That's why Montana was the greatest imo for about 30 years ago till Brady did Brady. Down 10 in 4th Q vs Seattle or 25 vs ATL late in 3rd. All 6 of his SB wins in NE, he had to lead game winning drives, and gave his team late leads in both losses to NY. Philly even with his record 500 yards, I have no excuses for him, could have caught that pass. Peyton was a great regular season QB, but when the temperature was turned up, he made the mistakes. 9 one and dones in playoffs even though I have him in top 5 of all time. Rodgers is another one, once he gets rattled and his cocky grin is off his face, usually doesn't end well.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, more starts, more wins, superior stats, what more is there?

Ignoring that is the problem.

Six months back in 1969 was my LSD period, then here came boot camp and that was that. Still see trails every once in awhile, also smell that occasional orange. Orange Waffer ya understand.
Nice finally some levity from ya, not completely dry balls

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, more starts, more wins, superior stats, what more is there?

Ignoring that is the problem.

Six months back in 1969 was my LSD period, then here came boot camp and that was that. Still see trails every once in awhile, also smell that occasional orange. Orange Waffer ya understand.

What more is there? How about letting the rest of his career play out instead of crowning his the greatest QB ever? All those playoff trips and one ring. When he gets anywhere near 7 get back to me. Brady and his hardware is the standard all QB's are measured by now. And Wilson isn't close to that.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team thing sure, but the QB has to have ice in his veins and not fold like a Walmart suit under pressure. That's why Montana was the greatest imo for about 30 years ago till Brady did Brady. Down 10 in 4th Q vs Seattle or 25 vs ATL late in 3rd. All 6 of his SB wins in NE, he had to lead game winning drives, and gave his team late leads in both losses to NY. Philly even with his record 500 yards, I have no excuses for him, could have caught that pass. Peyton was a great regular season QB, but when the temperature was turned up, he made the mistakes. 9 one and dones in playoffs even though I have him in top 5 of all time. Rodgers is another one, once he gets rattled and his cocky grin is off his face, usually doesn't end well.

No QB's compare to Brady and Montana, they are the best ever and you nailed it.

So for Wilson to do what he has done vs what those two did early in the career is why he is so special, yes Wilson has put up the superior numbers, no doubt about that, if talking first nine seasons.

Point.....Russell Wilson is putting up numbers superior to the best ever, gets no more impressive than that.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What more is there? How about letting the rest of his career play out instead of crowning his the greatest QB ever? All those playoff trips and one ring. When he gets anywhere near 7 get back to me. Brady and his hardware is the standard all QB's are measured by now. And Wilson isn't close to that.

Just talking.......first nine seasons....ok? No QB ever had superor numbers than Wilson in their first nine seasons of the career, yep......fact!!!!!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson leaves Wsconsin with an NCAA record 191 passer rating for a season.

Gets off the plane in Seattle, walks right in and precedes to throw the most TD passes 26 in history (tying Peyton) for a rookie. has a 100 passer rating
In his second season he wins the Suprbowl, another 100 passer rating, the first time in history we see an NFL QB post two 100 passer rating those first two seasons.

Since then he hasn't missed a game, has won more games than any QB after nine seasons.

How could anyone not get that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking.......first nine seasons....ok? No QB ever had superor numbers than Wilson in their first nine seasons of the career, yep......fact!!!!!

Okay you need to just stop this nonsense once and for all. Nobody is disagreeing with you about Wilson's first 9 seasons. But like I already told you just because he's had all this success that doesn't guarantee he'll have the same success the rest of his career. What do you not understand about that?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay you need to just stop this bullshit once and for all. Nobody is disagreeing with you about Wilson's first 9 seasons. But like I already told you just because he's had all this success that doesn't guarantee he'll have the same success the rest of his career. What do you not understand about that?
And it also means there's no guarantee Wilson has that same success in the 70's or 80's. Hell if we had a HotTubTimeMachine, I'd guarantee Wilson doesn't put up those numbers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it also means there's no guarantee Wilson has that same success in the 70's or 80's. Hell if we had a HotTubTimeMachine, I'd guarantee Wilson doesn't put up those numbers.

I agree. The game was much different and a helluva lot more physical. You would think a guy that said he dropped acid in 1969 would be able to figure that out. Okay, maybe not.

The league today is too QB friendly. Can you imagine some of the greats throughout the history of the league if they played today without taking all the punishment they took? I think Johnny U. would pick apart defenses today.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay you need to just stop this nonsense once and for all. Nobody is disagreeing with you about Wilson's first 9 seasons. But like I already told you just because he's had all this success that doesn't guarantee he'll have the same success the rest of his career. What do you not understand about that?

Well, early on there was too much Beastmode, so thinking Wilson without that will have better numbers now is totally realistic. And, he now has the best receivers he has had.

I expect the second half of his career to be more productive than the first.

Do the math and if he plays another 8ish seasons his numbers will be among the best ever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, early on there was too much Beastmode, so thinking Wilson without that will have better numbers now is totally realistic. And, he now has the best receivers he has had.

I expect the second half of his career to be more productive than the first.

Do the math and if he plays another 8ish seasons his numbers will be among the best ever.

"I expect the second half of his career to be more productive than the first"

So you got him playing at least 9 more years. That means you think he makes 9 more trips to the playoffs?

Any betting odds on this? I want in. Got the under.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I expect the second half of his career to be more productive than the first"

So you got him playing at least 9 more years. That means you think he makes 9 more trips to the playoffs?

Any betting odds on this? I want in. Got the under.

He is talking about playing until he is 45, and while I doubt that, can see 41ish, which is another 9ish years.

Where did I mention playoffs? But, why not 6ish more playoff runs?

Bottom line is here is one of the all time great QB's and we were here to see it, all of it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is talking about playing until he is 45, and while I doubt that, can see 41ish, which is another 9ish years.

Where did I mention playoffs? But, why not 6ish more playoff runs?

Bottom line is here is one of the all time great QB's and we were here to see it, all of it.

Where do you have Wilson ranked all time?

Is he ahead of Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Favre, Montana, Elway, Johnny U?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson gets his knee folded back this year ....I know who the jinx is.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he ahead of Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Favre, Montana, Elway, Johnny U?

Wilson is one of the best athletes to play QB, he will end up third in QB rushing all time, only Vick, Newton ahead of him. As we know his passing numbers dwarf theirs. So he is the best "total package" we have seen.

When it comes to smarts/decision making/passing/rushing I can't think of anyone better.

BUT.......we cannot ignore how this actually works, we must look at dominance of era, this isn't how would Tyreek do vs 1960 defenders. This is about accpmplishments from an historical perspective.

I didn't take a ton of time with this pretty much winging it........

1.Tom Brady
2.Joe Montana
3.Aaron Rodgers
4.Peyton Manning
5.Drew Brees
6.John Unitas
7.Otto Graham
8.Brett Favre
9.Russell Wilson
10.Dan Marino
11.Fran Tarkenton
12.Big Ben
13.Philip Rivers
14.Matt Ryan
15.Eli Manning
16.John Elway
17.Warren Moon
18.Steve Young
19.Matthew Stafford
20.Dan Fouts

Kinda. sorta, if I tore it apart and put time into it might be a little different.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is the best athlete to play QB, he will end up third in QB rushing all time, only Vick, Newton ahead of him. As we know his passing numbers dwarf theirs. So he is the best "total package" we have seen.

When it comes to smarts/decision making/passing/rushing I can't think of anyone better.

BUT.......we cannot ignore how this actually works, we must look at dominance of era, this isn't how would Tyreek do vs 1960 defenders. This is about accpmplishments from an historical perspective.

1.Tom Brady
2.Joe Montana
3.Aaron Rodgers
4.Peyton Manning
5.Drew Brees
6.John Unitas
7.Otto Graham
8.Brett Favre
9.Russell Wilson
10.Dan Marino
11.Fran Tarkenton
12.Big Ben
13.Philip Rivers
14.Matt Ryan
15.Eli Manning
16.John Elway
17.w
IMO Michael Vick is the best athlete to play QB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is one of the best athletes to play QB, he will end up third in QB rushing all time, only Vick, Newton ahead of him. As we know his passing numbers dwarf theirs. So he is the best "total package" we have seen.

1.Tom Brady
2.Joe Montana
3.Aaron Rodgers
4.Peyton Manning
5.Drew Brees
6.John Unitas
7.Otto Graham
8.Brett Favre
9.Russell Wilson
10.Dan Marino
11.Fran Tarkenton
12.Big Ben
13.Philip Rivers
14.Matt Ryan
15.Eli Manning
16.John Elway
17.Warren Moon
18.Steve Young
19.Matthew Stafford
20.Dan Fouts

Kinda. sorta, if I tore it apart and put time into it might be a little different.

Rivers, Ryan & Eli Manning ahead of Elway?

Eli Manning ahead of Steve Young?

Stafford ahead of Fouts?

:laugh3:

Get da fuck outta here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats his glaucoma view, so be it, as long as he's not trying to use stats from 5 decades ago to defend his position.

I'm not sure what he's trying to do. But I'm also a little dizzy cause my edibles have kicked in. Even with a buzz he still doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.