• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Good, the bad, the ugly

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the game

The Good

Run defense looked very dominant the entire game. Kept the Bears in 3rd and long most of the game.
Turnovers. So good to see these again for our defense. Been a while since we have won the turnover battle.
TE play. We finally got to see what I think Kubiak envisioned when he came here of really working the middle of the field. My guess is Green, Davis, and Daniels are the happiest players on the team that Osweiler is the QB right now. Manning just stopped going over the middle
Osweiler rising up to the moment. I mean think about the pressure this kid had to be feeling. Playing his old coaches, team needing a big win, on the road, bad weather, one of his top targets missing in Sanders, and he goes out and plays a very good game. Very proud of this kid.
The Run game. Been a while since we have seen our run game dominate like that.

The Bad
Field conditions. I saw players for both teams struggling to stay upright in this one
The officiating. While the calls against the Broncos I can see for the most part why they called them the fact that Chicago on many plays was doing much of the same yet never got called once is ridiculous. The missed QB hit at the end of the game on Osweiler just seemed like the officials wanted to give Chicago another chance to win this game.

The Ugly
Colquitt. This kid had been having a very nice bounce back season in my opinion until this game. I started cheering for the team to go for it on some of those 4th downs because I figured he would only punt it 30 yards anyway.
The trip. Man this game could have been over. That small little kick of the leg between Osweiler and Hillman is what kept Chicago in this one. He had a nice lane and the OL had pushed the defensive players just enough that I think without that trip Hillman scores on that play. At worst he picks up the 1st down. Just little things kept us from really taking over in this one.
Penalties. It did seem that any time we got something decent going a stupid penalty would ruin any kind of momentum. Harris' penalty on 3rd and 1. Looked like the Broncos were setting up for a nice big boot leg type play until that ruined our surprise. The PI calls really kept Chicago going and was their best offensive weapon.

Overall just loved watching this game! If we can clean a few things up I think this is exactly what Kubiak wants this team to become. Run the football, play solid defense, and pick up some nice plays through the air when available.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib had as ugly game as I have ever seen from him .. Crazy part is I am still spoiled by his normal play and forget some of the really bad CB play in the past

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad The PI on Marshal it just was not !!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest is subjecting fan bias so I will let it die on complaints even though I don't like reffs spotting points and IMO they were doing just that !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7 The Ugly.. it was damn cold Punting is dicey in cold weather no matter who they are add in wet air usually bad things ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often did we practice in the cold last week ? that is one thing Fox was really a stickler on ? what was the game going to be like and then he made them practice that way .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was punting Brady balls - without enough inflation to get a boost. Meanwhile = the Bears were kicking footballs that bounced backwards out of the end zone on the KOs - beating the well known laws of physics. ;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt sorry for Bolden he really had a crazy game .. He really did nothing wrong but plenty went wrong all the same ..

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for Clint Eastwood to post in this thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these day it is his son that does his posting NFL .