• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Gifted

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Erg supposed to be a young Bishop? Same powers, face marking... bishop isn’t missing an eye, though.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bailed on it. I will miss the sister who has the superpower to make my eyes bounce when she walks. :thumb:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Erg supposed to be a young Bishop? Same powers, face marking... bishop isn’t missing an eye, though.

Naw, Erg and Bishop do have similar energy-absorption powers, but Erg is a different, less-well-known character in the comics.

Erg (debuted 1985) is actually an older character than Bishop (debuted 1991) is, though Bishop is the much more famous character.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't bring villain Dr Campbell back for season 2 perhaps because actor Garret Dillahunt is too busy with the role of John Dorie in Fear the Walking Dead?

latest

FTWD_406_John_Morgan-1014x570.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show and Legion are supposed to be X-verse. Both mention the loss of the X-men. Is this the explosion or whatever happened to the cop-turned-mutant killer Coby Bell’s kid? And is that event the same one mentioned by Logan and Xavier in Logan? The X-verse has been shuffled so many times it is next to impossible to keep track of the time line. That is the main reason I don’t read DC or Marvel books. They are impossible to follow and keep straight.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say I’ll be sad to see it go as this season has dragged on. They must’ve been trying to drag out the series at least for four seasons since the titles in all of season one had the X capitalized and this season all of the titles have the M capitalized. Figured season three it would be the E and season four it’d be the N.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX has not announced a season three renewal for The Gifted, but creator Matt Nix thinks if the show does return, it may be on streaming:

I think that my sense is that the most likely thing is that if we come back, we’ll come back in some sort of creative way. Some partnership, because I think what we’ve discovered is that fans of The Gifted are big fans of The Gifted. We have a solid fan base and it’s a little small for the broadcast networks. But we do well on streaming so there may be, my hope is that there’s something to work out in that realm.”

And what can fans expect from the show’s season two finale? Star Emma Dumont told TVLinethere’s a huge cliffhanger:

There is 100-percent a cliffhanger, but it’s not what people think. This cliffhanger is not that simple. … Maybe a new dimension? Maybe a new world? Maybe a new faction? Maybe a new comic book character? Literally, it’s the craziest twist. We were all shocked, like, ‘What is this?’”

The season two finale of The Gifted debuts on FOX tonight, February 26th, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX has not announced a season three renewal for The Gifted, but creator Matt Nix thinks if the show does return, it may be on streaming:

I think that my sense is that the most likely thing is that if we come back, we’ll come back in some sort of creative way. Some partnership, because I think what we’ve discovered is that fans of The Gifted are big fans of The Gifted. We have a solid fan base and it’s a little small for the broadcast networks. But we do well on streaming so there may be, my hope is that there’s something to work out in that realm.”

And what can fans expect from the show’s season two finale? Star Emma Dumont told TVLinethere’s a huge cliffhanger:

There is 100-percent a cliffhanger, but it’s not what people think. This cliffhanger is not that simple. … Maybe a new dimension? Maybe a new world? Maybe a new faction? Maybe a new comic book character? Literally, it’s the craziest twist. We were all shocked, like, ‘What is this?’”

The season two finale of The Gifted debuts on FOX tonight, February 26th, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
I'm thinking that it's done. It doesn't get a lot of viewership and the ratings are the worst or one of the worst shows for FOX. Also, with Disney taking over sometime very soon, they're probably going to want to rebrand the X-Men universe so I think the finale episode that aired earlier will be the final episode.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the last 2 eps, and yeah, this show should be done. The acting (or at least the direction) was horrible. It seemed that every line was delivered with the character on the verge of breaking down in tears. It was cringe-worthy.

On an unrelated note, I just found an article from ‘17 that stated this show was in fact NOT in the X-verse. It is a stand alone show.

The Gifted's Revelation Confirms It's Not Part of Logan's Timeline

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the finale. They definitely left it open for another season (
with Blink still being alive and porting them somewhere else
), which is no surprise since that's what most shows do but I just can't see this getting picked up for a season three. The total viewership and the ratings just aren't there, with other factors playing into it as well.
As for the show itself, I really wish that they had explored Reed's powers more. I thought he was the most interesting character on the show.