• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future is now, old man: CWS @ TEX 8/4-7

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 2 40 man roster spots to create. @DTC

and Bennie Rocker may at least start high A pretty quick. Have to think it is static. I think they might just want an in close look see IN AZ

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and Bennie Rocker may at least start high A pretty quick. Have to think it is static. I think they might just want an in close look see IN AZ

Nick Snyder and Duggar

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to wonder how this would have affected Perez' availability had this happened last week.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting a very late start in his development and he has a whole lot of catching up to do. They will most likely be extremely careful with him next year.

Also, I don't think they will hold a spot open for him. Once he is ready he will have to wait on a longer term injury to get a shot, I think.
Again, I agree with ya re: the late start. But a guy who was coveted by all of professional baseball less than3 years ago - despite his recent history - shouldn't be mentally discarded.........If I remember correctly he was considered a very coachable young man, knew the game/wanted to learn, and pretty much had it together between his ears. So his downside was a physical problem, which according to our FO was no problem any longer......Seems like a mature young man, is somewhat physically gifted (without his injury) and our brain trust traded up to get him. It just seems like I've gotta believe - maybe that's hope - our FO (insert Chris Young) has a better idea moving forward......Perhaps too much optimism.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I agree with ya re: the late start. But a guy who was coveted by all of professional baseball less than3 years ago - despite his recent history - shouldn't be mentally discarded.........If I remember correctly he was considered a very coachable young man, knew the game/wanted to learn, and pretty much had it together between his ears. So his downside was a physical problem, which according to our FO was no problem any longer......Seems like a mature young man, is somewhat physically gifted (without his injury) and our brain trust traded up to get him. It just seems like I've gotta believe - maybe that's hope - our FO (insert Chris Young) has a better idea moving forward......Perhaps too much optimism.

they will most likely start him in AA in 2023. Could see AAA next year, definitely will by 2024. depending on his development he could be in Arlington in 2024.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to wonder how this would have affected Perez' availability had this happened last week.
I am not sure what the issue is but this is why I really wouldn't want him here. He has pitched a long time and a lot of innings and he has to be wearing down. I actually was surprised at how well he was doing this year. I can't imagine him still being here when we are able to contend.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will most likely start him in AA in 2023. Could see AAA next year, definitely will by 2024. depending on his development he could be in Arlington in 2024.
And I don't think they want to do anything to Rock(er) the boat with Leiter. I think having them together on the Rangers will bolster both of them on the competitive side and in being comfortable as a Ranger.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackburn has pitched 4 innings so far for Oakland and has given up a HR in each inning but Oakland is leading 8-4.

One of the craziest pitching lines was this one with a guy I like a lot in Colby Lewis.

Rangers starter Colby Lewis gave up three straight homers to begin the bottom of the first, retired the next 18 hitters he faced and then surrendered two more homers in the seventh to leave down 6-0 versus Baltimore.

The end result: Lewis struck out a career-high 12 batters and allowed a career-high five homers. Those homers were the only hits he allowed.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he most likely goes to Hickory next year and they limit him to about 80 innings and his results look a lot like Leiter's this year. Then he goes to Frisco in 2024 and looks better. Then on to Round Rock in 2025. By 2026 he finds himself behind a rotation of 2 FA, 1 trade acquisition and two of Leiter, Winn or White. I think he also finds himself in the pecking order behind Porter, Garcia and maybe someone else.

Now, if we trade a whole lot of guys in front of him or the right guys get injured. He could make the rotation in ST of 2026.

I just think when his development music stops that all 5 chairs will be taken.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Bush off to a bad start. Gave up 2 runs in 1 inning yesterday and today blew the game and lost the game in the 10th. Didn't mind seeing him go. Tying run on a ground rule double and winning run on a wild pitch.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't think they would start Leiter in AA this year and he hadn't missed as much time or come through surgery recently. Why would you think Rocker would start at AA instead of Hickory then?