• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Free For All MLB Draft : CHAT

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the Pats got away with stuff but when it was all said and done Brady made the throws like always. He dominated the 4th quarter
Problem is those missed holding calls and bad PI cals have an impact on the game as a whole.Whether it be the difference between gaining yards they shouldn't have.Opposed to being set back the ten yards for holding they should have been.The continuation of a drive and yardage for the PI.Or the advantage the inconsistent calls gives NE wars.It effects field position and the flow of the entire game.

The NFL is a different game now.He's facing much lighter defenses imo. take Gronk for example I don't think he survives.In the days of Lott,Atwater etc...Comparing Brady with the old school QB's.Hes no where near the top of my list.Successful modern day QB far from the GOAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is those missed holding calls and bad PI cals have an impact on the game as a whole.Whether it be the difference between gaining yards they shouldn't have.Opposed to being set back the ten yards for holding they should have been.The continuation of a drive and yardage for the PI.Or the advantage the inconsistent calls gives NE wars.It effects field position and the flow of the entire game.

The NFL is a different game now.He's facing much lighter defenses imo. take Gronk for example I don't think he survives.In the days of Lott,Atwater etc...Comparing Brady with the old school QB's.Hes no where near the top of my list.Successful modern day QB far from the GOAT

You can’t fault Brady bc the game has changed. Hard to compare this era to the era back in the day, no doubt it was tougher but players have to adjust to the rules put in place presently. Nothing should be taken away from these players. Brady is tough as nails, he might not look like it but he can take big hits like the rest of the guys.

Have you ever tried to throw a football with 12 stitches in your thumb? I have before. It didn’t go so well lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t fault Brady bc the game has changed. Hard to compare this era to the era back in the day, no doubt it was tougher but players have to adjust to the rules put in place presently. Nothing should be taken away from these players. Brady is tough as nails, he might not look like it but he can take big hits like the rest of the guys.

Have you ever tried to throw a football with 12 stitches in your thumb? I have before. It didn’t go so well lol
I caught a TD with a compound fractured thumb.

Stitches.... pffft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught a TD with a compound fractured thumb.

Stitches.... pffft.

Was it to go to the Super Bowl vs the best athletes in the world? Knowing you, the answer is yes. Btw that is pretty remarkable

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ronnie Lott had a finger amputated during a game......I have finished a hockey game in goal when i needed stitches on my knee.....Backyard football no pads broken wrist.I think most of us have done it at least once.The point is the game has changed .Defenses are nt as aggressive as they used to be with all the rule changes.And when determining who is the greatest of all time at said position.Those differentials do come into play.Brady is a product of todays NFL solid modern day QB.Far from the greatest of all time tho.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it to go to the Super Bowl vs the best athletes in the world? Knowing you, the answer is yes. Btw that is pretty remarkable
No.

It was on JV, against the worst football program ever. Who had a Varsity coach at the time who went to my HS, used to coach at my HS and is currently The HC at my HS. We were running up the score. Lol(think it ended up 72-0. Broke it while getting up after making the tackle on kickoff. My buddy dove in late, (we had a contest for most tackles on kickoff.)hit me with his helmet as all my weight was on it.)

He came on our bus to fight our D.C. After the game. They were teammates back in the day. It was awesome!

Aside from the whole bone thru the skin thing. I hid it. Made it thru almost half a day the next day before someone finally made me take my hand out of my hoodie. Had surgery later that after noon. Missed the rest of the year and a big chunk of BBall.

Was Chubbs Peterson for Halloween that year though. Lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas. I am going to be in the office tomorrow and Tuesday and will not have much access if any at all to the interwebs, somebody is gonna have to fill in for me with updating everything.

How 'bout those Vikes huh? Funny thing is I simply don't care anymore. Twins report in 23 days...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna ask you if it still pops out randomly. But the story disappeared on me. lol.

yeah I figured who cares lolzzz no it doesnt but when I rotate my shoulder it still makes a clicking sound, maybe its suppose to but my right shoulder dont so...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I figured who cares lolzzz no it doesnt but when I rotate my shoulder it still makes a clicking sound, maybe its suppose to but my right shoulder dont so...
I had a friend who separated his in football. And for years it would just slip back out. Did it once while we were camping, he was sleeping. Woke up screaming bloody murder. He'd just find a wall or a tree and jam it back in.

Didn't look fun.

Sounded worse.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend who separated his in football. And for years it would just slip back out. Did it once while we were camping, he was sleeping. Woke up screaming bloody murder. He'd just find a wall or a tree and jam it back in.

Didn't look fun.

Sounded worse.

That pretty much describes my shoulder. Dislocated it bad my freshman year during open field tackling drills. Missed 4 games. Then tore it up something fierce throwing a runner out at home from centerfield as a senior (damn thing cost me a college scholarship in baseball). Now, it comes out whenever I put pressure on it the wrong way - especially when sleeping. Really sucks.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have finished a hockey game in goal when i needed stitches on my knee.....Backyard football no pads broken wrist.I think most of us have done it at least once.

Hit a game winning 3 with a cracked shooting wrist when I was a senior. It was a beauty - hurt like hell!

I was constantly hurt when competing. It was a running joke in my family - they even gave me a t-shirt that was the NBA logo - but the man was on crutches.

Freshman - Dislocated shoulder (football)
Sophomore - Cracked finger (Basketball)
Junior - Bruised lung (Cross Country), Sprained ankles (Basketball), Concussion (softball)
Senior - Flu (Basketball), Concussion (Basketball), Cracked Wrist (Basketball), Torn shoulder ligs (Baseball - played last half of the season with it, didn't miss a game, coach shoulda been the adult and pulled me to let me get healthy as I just wanted to play - who cares if you can't feel your fingers!)

Man - I'm missing some, but can't think of them right now.....