• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Football Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jordan Rules referred to how the Pistons defended Jordan, in beating the Bulls in the playoffs, in the late 80s.

I know, I was joking about Jordan getting away with things, and so other players getting away with things but instead, in this instance, would be a team getting away with something instead of a player.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't they call the defense starting early, a false start too?

Also, what's an example of the wrong spot?

The referee is supposed to answer a receiver if he asks if he is lined up on the line of scrimmage or not. pathetically if he lined up in front of it or not on the line, that could be a bit early.

The Chiefs would’ve won the last playoff game with Alex Smith, if the receiver had lined up on sides. It was stupid because Smith did complete the pass for a touchdown, but it was taken away because of that stupid penalty. Maybe I am misremembering it, it may have been a two point conversion instead of a touchdown or maybe it would’ve been a first down in field-goal range. But either way, it was something real stupid. now, I don’t think the Chiefs would’ve won the Super Bowl that year, but it would’ve been nice to have one more win.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part is the penalty?

Obviously, number 35 hitting them when he’s already out of bounds. I think the reason why he hit him was so he couldn’t extend the ball beyond the pylon, which is the touchdown marker. So maybe even though the hit was out of bounds, it was not deemed unnecessary?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a receiver catches the ball, then immediately can't go anywhere, because the defensive players are in front of him, so he runs out of bounds, does the clock start or stop?

If he’s going forward, and out of bounds, the clock stops. If you voluntarily goes backwards and out bounds or the defender pushes him out of bounds, the clock keeps running. So there are times where a player wants to get tackled in bounds so they run the clock off and there are times were the players trying to go out of bounds to stop the clock. Mahomes obviously was trying to go out of bounds and the guy who had a late was trying to push it backwards so the clock would keep running.

I might be wrong about voluntarily going out of bounds backwards, I think the defender may have to force them backwards. Because there’s so many times where a player is supposed to go down on purpose in bounds, but accidentally or stupidly, goes out of bounds and the clock stops. I don’t think I’ve seen a player go backwards on purpose out of bounds and I think that would happen all the time if they were trying to avoid getting hit for a fumble or just because why get contact for no reason, but also going backwards so the clock keeps running.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce is happy now, but he was distraught when Alex Smith left.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do backwards passes in college football? Michigan did it in the 2nd quarter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do backwards passes in college football? Michigan did it in the 2nd quarter.

You can always pass backwards regardless of where you (assuming in bounds, play is not over, and you haven’t already scored the TD) and pass forwards once (if you are behind the line of scrimmage (where the play started)) if the play was snapped in time. Game doesn’t end at buzzer, it just needs to start on time.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can you also pass backwards in the NFL?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can do multiple forward passes, as long as you're passed the line of scrimmage?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can do multiple forward passes, as long as you're passed the line of scrimmage?

No. One forward pass if you are at or behind the line of scrimmage (where you start the play) and unlimited backwards or lateral passes wherever you are (in bounds, during play).

Technicality - if your back most foot is still behind the line of scrimmage, you can technically throw the ball. Players don’t exploit this, but rather when they try to throw it from near the line of scrimmage, video review can see whether any part of your body was at or behind behind the line of scrimmage. So your arm could be past it as long as some part of the body is behind it. It would be too hard to purposely be at the boundary so players don’t do it on purpose but if they decide at the last second to throw the ball, they will review whether they were beyond the line of scrimmage or not. The referee could obviously make a call if no one challenges it, it stands. They don’t always video review it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two minutes of the half have been a disaster for the Lions defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:burt::L:facepalm5:

This is how you lose playoffs games.