• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the FINAL x factor this series

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
seems like a spring of redemption....have to go with

MARTY for the x factor. he is facing a tough kid in net with quick and no one is really picking him to even get nj a win. following the redemption tour marty can avenge 2001. evens up roy in the cup rings if we do win the cup marty should take home his first mvp.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue that we need Marty. But I'll throw another name out there that could be pivotal, and that is Elias. Hasn't done much all postseason, but if they clamp down on Kovy and Zach, then we need some offensive magic from somewhere.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Marty to be the X factor in the Rangers series...

In the Stanley Cup finale vs the Kings, I elect: Kovy...

Kovy would really need to let it rip and beat Quick up high. One thing for sure, Kovy and some others, really adjust well during a series on how/where to shoot on the opposing goalie.

Marty was a thought for the X factor but THIS time around, i have a bad feeling he's going to whiff on some blasts so i can't hold it against him. It's really on our defense to once again limit and deny high quality scoring opportunities.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chief got it. Elias. Marty, Kovy and Parise are expected to play well. We lean on those guys. They have to play well for us to get to the promised land. Now Marty has been under the radar maybe due to his age or the seasons some of these other goalies we're playing had (Queen & Quick). But Marty is still very, very important in the overall success of this team. The Devils are going to need playmaking and scoring in this upcoming series. Elias used to be the man, now he is sometimes forgotten with guys such as Kovy and Parise taking over. Elias has been rather quiet and could be the X factor, which to me would be a player or players you don't expect to go off but have the ability to when needed most.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have been thinking about this for a bit, and I've been on the Marty Lifetime Achievement Smythe bandwagon since the middle of round 2. Just didn't want to jinx it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are already picking Quick for Conn Smythe even if the Kings lose (flashback to 03). I just think that is a classless move, and if it happens a 2nd time it will be a travesty. Top to bottom I think the Devils are the better team, Marty is the X-factor as everyone is in love with Quick at the moment. If Brodeur can play at the same level or above Quick, this series is our's.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People are already picking Quick for Conn Smythe even if the Kings lose (flashback to 03). I just think that is a classless move, and if it happens a 2nd time it will be a travesty. Top to bottom I think the Devils are the better team, Marty is the X-factor as everyone is in love with Quick at the moment. If Brodeur can play at the same level or above Quick, this series is our's.

People sour on Smythe's very quickly sometimes. If we make Quick look human, the door will be wide open. Also, Marty is the better story, and this time, you know that Betman would love to "get the legend his due". That's a story everyone can run with.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked for Bourque, it could work for Marty!!!

come on media networks!!! one more for good ol Marty!!!!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been spot on in my two x factor threads

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with Kovy... COME ON KOVY... this is why you chose to play here in NJ!!!!

WIN THE BLOODY GAMES!