• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Final 4

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that would be a cool World Series: between two teams who switched leagues

Actually, I think they're the only two...

With the current Brewer GM being an assistant GM at Houston for 3 years where he helped build that team up. A young guy at age 30 when he was brought over

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova over Kansas

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers/Astros World Series. Uecker is 84 (January). Also when discussing former Brewers got to talk about Greg Vaughn.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Rob Deer

rob_deer_autograph.jpg

Rob Deer - Wikipedia

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers:

The Brewers look to be the more complete team. Sometimes that doesn't matter.

Their SP doesn't have the big names, but they've been good enough.

Gio Gonzalez hasn't had a great outing in the playoffs yet. He's never gone more than 5 IP. There were times where he wasn't bad, but not good enough to have him keep going, so they'd either pinch hit for him, or relieve him.

I'd want to give him a chance to have a good performance, because I don't like it when a small sample size defines a pitcher. Plus I root for guys to play better, not struggle.

But I don't have a feeling he'll go more than 5 IP in Game 1, either.

He has been good lately. But I don't put as much stock in recent sample size.

The Dodgers offense looks much better. I also don't trust an aging Ryan Braun.

The Dodgers also have David Freese. I'm pretty sure the Dodgers will hit at least 2 more HRs in the series than the Brewers.

I have no idea who is going to win.

I'll say Brewers in 5.

Los Angeles
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Milwaukee

MVP: Josh Hader

Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox:

Another series in which I have no idea what's going to happen.

Houston
Boston
Houston
Boston
Houston
Boston
Houston

Houston in 7.

MVP: George Springer

George Springer looks like he can hit good pitches for HRs, as well as bad pitches for HRs.

I want to give a dark horse MVP candidate.

Dallas Keuchel has lost some attention, due to the Verlander acquisition, as well as the rise of Morton and Cole. But I'll say he has 2 good starts, which should give him a shot at the LCS MVP.

I'll say David Price gets a Win in game 2, because I'll root for a good outcome from a struggling player.

I do think Boston's bullpen is better than the TBS media thinks it is.

Also, I have to give some credit to the Fox studio crew. They spent an appropriate amount of time talking about the NL, which their network was broadcasting this year, even though Frank Thomas, Ortiz, and Alex Rodriguez all played their entire careers with the AL. Yeah, it's their job to cover the NL.

But I've seen other sports where broadcasters spend most of the time talking about the series that interests them the most, not the one their network is supposed to cover.

I want to predict something funny with the Fox Studio crew, but without Keith Hernandez there, I don't know.

It's pretty funny to see them make the Choo Choo noise whenever they bring in Dontrelle Willis. But not so funny that I can make a prediction out of it.

I do like the "From The Vault" segments. They haven't had any great ones this year, yet.

I also like "guess which language the broadcast is from". They haven't done that this year. Maybe they will do it for the LCS.

Ok, I'll make a prediction. Gurriel will be involved in a play that they do the "Guess which language" segment.

Also, it's kind of a slap that Willis isn't part of the full time studio show. Is he just their version of Kevin Garnett and Area 21? Make him a regular and give him a chair at the main booth.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander wasn't at his best last night and the Red Sox couldn't capitalize.

That pretty well makes tonight a must win, and given David Price's playoff history, it's a bit of a tight spot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander wasn't at his best last night and the Red Sox couldn't capitalize.

That pretty well makes tonight a must win, and given David Price's playoff history, it's a bit of a tight spot.

Mission accomplished.

Both series setting up to go 7 which would be cool