• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fantasy Fallout From the David Johnson/Chase Edmonds Situation

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see this backfield unfolding once Johnson is healthy? Whenever that is.

This is not a repeat of the other thread. Which is more reflecting on whether or not Arizona handled the situation correctly. This is for the fantasy aspect of it all.

I traded Chubb for David Johnson 2 weeks back. I liked Chubb, but I really liked the volume Johnson was getting in the passing game (0.5 PPR) in Arizona and their pace of play is just insanity. He had basically a monopoly on the backfield touches. Chubb has Hunt coming in at some point before the fantasy playoffs. I went for it. I did not factor Chase Edmonds into the equation. I've basically been blindsided by this and even though I picked Edmonds up. That shit Sunday straight up cost me a loss.

I think Edmonds has worked his way into a timeshare when Johnson is back. My knee-jerk reaction is that I have buyers remorse and I want to find a way to move Johnson/Edmonds packaged in a deal for another RB.

- Would you (or do you) want out of the Arizona backfield situation?

- What do you think are realistic trade targets for Johnson and/or Edmonds owners who want out?

I put out an offer to the Fournette owner of Johnson/Edmonds/Herndon for Fournette/C. Kirk. Trey Burton and whatever waiver wire guy he can muster up that week is his TE. He's desperate there. He's pretty deep at WR and has voiced frustration with Kirk's injury. Been trying to include him in offers since last week.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't foresee DJ, and all he's done previously, being shoved over, even halfway shoved over, just becuase the backup had a good game against a shit team that obviously didn't game plan for a rushing attack featuring the backup (air raid..why would they?).
Has he earned touches? Sure he has, but where he was getting about 6-10, maybe now he gets 8-12. Backfield still belongs to DJ, and offense still gonna make its hay through the air primarily.

As far as trade targets? Talk about a question dependent on each individual situation. My best guess is, DJ might get a better player, but one that's less than his true value (youre selling low, but starting from a higher point). Edmonds' value is inflated for sure, but most owners likely will be wary of going all in, given DJ's history of excellence.
You might be able to get a good QB, or TE, or a good WR2 for either, but I wouldn't expect much more. Obviously if you have Edmonds you might be able to squeeze the DJ owner for more than anyone else.

Personally, I'm glad I stayed away from it all together

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Berry ripped the Cardinals twitter a new one Hahahaha

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury is a fucking idiot

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Berry ripped the Cardinals twitter a new one Hahahaha

Saw that. I feel the pain.

I lost my matchup by 25 with Johnson in my lineup who got 0.2 and Edmonds on my bench who got 34. (0.5 PPR)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. I feel the pain.

I lost my matchup by 25 with Johnson in my lineup who got 0.2 and Edmonds on my bench who got 34. (0.5 PPR)

Yeah lost by around 20 and had Edmonds on my bench. Started Kirk bc I didn't know Edmonds or Johnson's status...why can't they just be more clear with these things.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase gets 30-35% snaps still. He has stand alone value. A top 5-10 RB if DJ is out. That's how I see it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Johnson is healthy, he'll be the RB1. Edmonds has flex value, but imo not quite as high as some think because the numbers he delivered recently with a healthy DJ were against some bad teams. I don't think its like Coleman/Brieda where you can comfortably start both and expect value. If DJ is healthy, I think starting Edmonds will be match up dependent. If DJ is out though, Edmonds is a clear must start RB

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you (or do you) want out of the Arizona backfield situation?
Yes.
The signing of Alf Morris and Zach Zenner cannot be good if DJ was ok.
Another issue might be the Cards record. At 3-3-1 they still have life. But do they risk the health of DJ if the losses start mounting. My guess is no.

Finding a trade partner won't be easy. You'll have to probably have to sell low.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have better options this week and both are active I'm not sure I'm starting either one. If DJ is out then obviously Edmonds is a good play.

Going forward I think it's going to be a shit show.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.
The signing of Alf Morris and Zach Zenner cannot be good if DJ was ok.
Another issue might be the Cards record. At 3-3-1 they still have life. But do they risk the health of DJ if the losses start mounting. My guess is no.

Finding a trade partner won't be easy. You'll have to probably have to sell low.

I have an offer to get Leonard Fournette for DJ/Edmonds/Mixon. I don't need Mixon. I would have Fournette, Jones, Mack and Breida.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see this backfield unfolding once Johnson is healthy? Whenever that is.

This is not a repeat of the other thread. Which is more reflecting on whether or not Arizona handled the situation correctly. This is for the fantasy aspect of it all.

I traded Chubb for David Johnson 2 weeks back. I liked Chubb, but I really liked the volume Johnson was getting in the passing game (0.5 PPR) in Arizona and their pace of play is just insanity. He had basically a monopoly on the backfield touches. Chubb has Hunt coming in at some point before the fantasy playoffs. I went for it. I did not factor Chase Edmonds into the equation. I've basically been blindsided by this and even though I picked Edmonds up. That shit Sunday straight up cost me a loss.

I think Edmonds has worked his way into a timeshare when Johnson is back. My knee-jerk reaction is that I have buyers remorse and I want to find a way to move Johnson/Edmonds packaged in a deal for another RB.

- Would you (or do you) want out of the Arizona backfield situation?

- What do you think are realistic trade targets for Johnson and/or Edmonds owners who want out?

I put out an offer to the Fournette owner of Johnson/Edmonds/Herndon for Fournette/C. Kirk. Trey Burton and whatever waiver wire guy he can muster up that week is his TE. He's desperate there. He's pretty deep at WR and has voiced frustration with Kirk's injury. Been trying to include him in offers since last week.

I'm with you. I'm looking to get out on him, I just don't the situation especially with them signing a RB today. I got lucky though. I won by 4 somehow having him, Theilen, and Ryan in my lineup.

So, yeah, I want out of that situation.

I think Fournette is a reasonable option when DJ is packaged with Edmonds and taking Kirk makes sense so he doesn't end up with too many Cardinals. Although when healthly Kirk is pretty good himself in PPR so he may want to hang onto him. My only concern is I'm sure other owners might be a little sketchy on DJ right now too.

I tend to offer 2 players for 1. Do you I'd be giving too much or come out about right if I offer DJ and Eckler for D.Cook? I have a ton of RB depth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to offer 2 players for 1. Do you I'd be giving too much or come out about right if I offer DJ and Eckler for D.Cook? I have a ton of RB depth.

I think if you have the depth to swing that - it's a very reasonable trade. I always look at trades as "did my lineup get better?" as opposed to where I think that many other people look at "did I win the talent exchange?". To me "winning" = getting better on a week-to-week basis.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping to be able flex Edmonds this weekend. (Dont have DJ). With bye weeks it would be ideal to use him so I cant stop relying either on Damien Williams or David Montgomery

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping to be able flex Edmonds this weekend. (Dont have DJ). With bye weeks it would be ideal to use him so I cant stop relying either on Damien Williams or David Montgomery
I dont think DJ is playing, making edmunds a great play

also this is DJ's backfield, a great game against a bad D doesnt bring edmunds into a time share scenario

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the situation wasn't convoluted enough. Kenyan Drake goes for 100 yards and a TD vs an elite SF D. Just three days after joining the team.

Johnson did log a limited practice on Wednesday and I think the Edmonds injury is somewhat serious.

My gut says Johnson reclaims the role he had with Drake sliding into the Edmonds role.

But... I... I don't know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the situation wasn't convoluted enough. Kenyan Drake goes for 100 yards and a TD vs an elite SF D. Just three days after joining the team.

Johnson did log a limited practice on Wednesday and I think the Edmonds injury is somewhat serious.

My gut says Johnson reclaims the role he had with Drake sliding into the Edmonds role.

But... I... I don't know.
johnson is safe. period. What you may see happen is they are both used. Similar to the 1-2 games edmonds was more of the runner, and DJ had some carries, but was put out wide. Hes gonna get used in some form. It gets dicey when edmonds comes back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson is safe. period. What you may see happen is they are both used. Similar to the 1-2 games edmonds was more of the runner, and DJ had some carries, but was put out wide. Hes gonna get used in some form. It gets dicey when edmonds comes back.

Yeah, I just still think the floor is really high on a weekly basis for Johnson. They play at such a fast pace and throw so much. And he's the RB used in the passing game. Possibly even their best receiver, just period. That role is safe and that's where the base of his production comes from.

His fantasy playoff schedule isn't bad either. TB and SF (again) coming up for the bye is tough, though. I get the feeling he might come back after this mini-bye week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just still think the floor is really high on a weekly basis for Johnson. They play at such a fast pace and throw so much. And he's the RB used in the passing game. Possibly even their best receiver, just period. That role is safe and that's where the base of his production comes from.

His fantasy playoff schedule isn't bad either. TB and SF (again) coming up for the bye is tough, though. I get the feeling he might come back after this mini-bye week.
100% with u, he hasnt even had a breakout game yet

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Cardinal RBs have sunk back into the Rams type of quicksand. Best to avoid if you haven't already committed to it.