• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The difference between Cam and Russell

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right. Me being a Hawk fan and all. But tell me who'd you would rather have QBing the Ravens?

Of those 2, it's Wilson by a landslide, beyond being just as talented, having more heart and actually having a personality that becomes a grown man....Oh and he's smarter too....
But I wouldn't trade Joe for either, because I still prefer the big pocket passer over the mobile qb...
Wilson is the only one that actually compares IMO, but Joe fits our system better...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pick whoever you want and I will happily take whoever you don't pick for my team.

Both are great young QB's. Which one is better probably won't be settled once and for all for at least another decade.
I don't think the OP was talking about a decade from now, I believe he was asking what QB between the two, would you want as of today?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has had the best 4 seasons we have seen from any QB. So many NFL firsts.

Now add the fact he's an intelligent, well spoken class act, something that isn't Cam Newton.

He's also a Superbowl champion, something Cam is not. Should be a two time champ if Carroll hadn't shit the bed with that call

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson goes the extra mile when he's playing, he's a much, much better passer than Cam. Wilson would be my pick

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many differences but who would have thought the much, much smaller Wilson would be tougher than "superman"?

Both Cam and Russell gave up sack/fumbles to the Denver defense fairly recently.

Cam jumped away from his ball like it was a rattlesnake, IN THE SUPERBOWL, down by 6 with under 5 minutes to play in the 4th quarter to "avoid injury". WTF?!?

Russell jumped on his fumble and then FOUGHT Demarcus Ware at the bottom of the pile. "Me and him were going at it, I wasn't going to let him have it," Wilson said with a laugh of his tussle with the 6-foot-4, 258-pound Ware. "I kept telling him, 'You’re not going to get this ball.' He said, 'I’ll wait all night,' and I said, 'I’ll wait all night, too.'"

I'll take Russell "last name" Wilson over MVP Cam Newton any day of the week.

Let's see...in 2013 the Seattle defense won the SB. Ryan Lindley could have been the SEA QB that game (okay, probably). In 2014, RW made the most epic fail pass in SB history. RW is WAY classier than Cam the man-child, but I think I'd go with the NFL MVP at the end of the day.

Cam has put himself in harm's way all year. He's not afraid to get dirty. That jumping away from the ball was bizarre and out of character. Not sure what that was all about.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep giving crap to Cam for jumping away from the ball? I think by that point in the game, everyone knew Denver was going to win. Carolina was doomed.

By they way, we have seen old man manning do this a lot since he's been in Denver. Why is he not taking any crap?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam has put himself in harm's way all year. He's not afraid to get dirty. That jumping away from the ball was bizarre and out of character. Not sure what that was all about.

Agreed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically cause I watch the games and nothing about Wilson's game speaks of being right there as the best in the game. AND....It's TOTAL BULL SHIT to say it can't be argued

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt Wilson works hard for what he has. Doubt there are many who have put in more hours in the film room and more work on their game than he has.

The sad part is Cam's size and natural athleticism has his ceiling much higher than Russell's. Sorry fellow Hawks fans, but that's the truth. It's just that Cam's overwhelming immaturity and his attitude are so bad he won't ever realize more than 40% of that potential unless/until he grows up and starts putting in the effort.

Who do you take now? Wilson for sure. But there are at least 5 or 6 others I'd take before Cam right now as well. Hell, I'd probably bring back Peyton before I'd take Cam.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the primary difference, at least from a cultural perspective, is that one player is black and the other player is white.

This is the type of bullshit flung whenever someone black does not conform to some racist stereotype.
Both whites and blacks are guilty of this.

I get this all the time, and I know a lot of black professionals who get it also.

Saying all blacks are gangsters is like saying all whites are rednecks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep giving crap to Cam for jumping away from the ball? I think by that point in the game, everyone knew Denver was going to win. Carolina was doomed.

By they way, we have seen old man manning do this a lot since he's been in Denver. Why is he not taking any crap?

Really? The #1 offense Carolina Panthers led by the league MVP had the ball, they were only down 6 points, there was 6 minutes left and they had all their timeouts. There are a lot of QB's who'd love to be in that situation. Denver hadn't locked up anything at that point. Some QB's just never quit. If Wilson had that attitude he would have never pulled off that miracle comeback against the Packers two years ago to get them to the SB. You play until the final whistle. Cam pussed out.