• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cut-Down Thread

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rb Barker? He`s from where? Just can`t recall ever seeing that name. Is he related to Bob by any chance?:L

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting thing on the 53 man roster is CJ Anderson at RB made the cut.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, there are 5 LBs on the DC, and Shaun Philips is the backup for Irving. Shaun has played far more at DE than LB this preseason.

Second, I'm not worried about what our 5th WR does. I'm amazed that we're keeping a rookie QB on our active roster as our 3rd guy compared to having a 5th WR. As I said, injuries don't concern me because we have two TEs who could probably easily play the slot.

Third, these LBs are all playing new spots. I don't care how much we run a nickel versus a 4-3, but Woodyard is a very undersized MLB, and his backup just arrived a couple of weeks ago. While I sure wouldn't be advocating starting McCray, he provides much more ideal size for the MLB. If you want to see what playing out of position can do to a player, look at DJ Williams.

If you're not worried about our LB position with two guys who haven't started a game, being backed up by a DE and another player who hasn't started a game, along with Woodyard moving to MLB, then congratulations you're more positive than I am.

And after 2 games, am still liking them.