• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys could win with Weeden

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense would ever show up or if they stop losing key players. But it seems like the injury thing won't change any time soon.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the defense needs to step up, but Weeden and the O can do more to help themselves too. The whole team has its issues.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden looked like a backup. Was anyone honestly in denial about what he is?

They're just too hurt and not as deep as some would like to believe they are. This is really going to suck.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden looked like a backup. Was anyone honestly in denial about what he is?

They're just too hurt and not as deep as some would like to believe they are. This is really going to suck.
I think the Cowboys are deep. They are just losing everything. We even lost Butler who probably would have scored a TD if he didn't pull his hamstring. This is just our luck this year. Like PDay said, with health, it could be a top 5 defense, but we have no health. It's honestly becoming a joke. I can handle injuries. It's part of the game, but this is getting too much.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even on the the game winning TD, it was because Gachkar got hurt and another dude had to come in. I mean this shit is a joke.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden looked pretty good but it was against one of the worst defenses in the league. So I can't too excited

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just fail to see how a team isn't deep just because the back up's back up is a scrub. We were down to three receivers, lost Dunbar, lost Lee, lost Lee's back up on the last drive. What other team is dealing with this ridiculousness? Please do tell.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense would ever show up or if they stop losing key players. But it seems like the injury thing won't change any time soon.
If the defense had everyone back, Dez were healthy, and we had kept Murray, he would have a chance

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just fail to see how a team isn't deep just because the back up's back up is a scrub. We were down to three receivers, lost Dunbar, lost Lee, lost Lee's back up on the last drive. What other team is dealing with this ridiculousness? Please do tell.

It was a joke of a defense just 2 years ago and it's ineptitude was masked by a lot of hustle and a very efficient offense just last season. The defense was anointed before it ever proved a thing this season, granted stating that reality seems to be blasphemy.

It doesn't matter what anyone believes at this point. This group is ice skating up hill and all the shoulda, coulda, wouldas don't amount to better than 2-2.

The cycle continues. They just can't seem to put a couple of good seasons together.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke of a defense just 2 years ago and it's ineptitude was masked by a lot of hustle and a very efficient offense just last season. The defense was anointed before it ever proved a thing this season, granted stating that reality seems to be blasphemy.

It doesn't matter what anyone believes at this point. This group is ice skating up hill and all the shoulda, coulda, wouldas don't amount to better than 2-2.

The cycle continues. They just can't seem to put a couple of good seasons together.
Who anointed them? With the talent they've acquired in the draft and free agency, it's reasonable to believe the Cowboys can have a very good defensive unit. Suspensions and injuries have kept that from coming into fruition so far. It's not about woulda coulda shoulda. No team will field a good defense without reasonable health. I don't know how this is the cycle continuing. If the Pats lost Brady, Gronk, and a bunch of key defensive players, let's see how far they go. Injuries are part of the game, but there is only so much a team can take.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us out and about in Cowboys Nation had anointed them, but we can pretend that isn't the case now. Like I stated, it really doesn't matter at this point. It's all just pissing in the wind.

2007: make the playoffs
2008: fall short of high expectations
2009: make the playoffs
2010: fall short of high expectations
2011-2013: predictably fall short of the playoffs courtesy of division opponents, each year
2014: make the playoffs
2015: everyone's on the bench

I don't know what it is, but over the last decade or so, as soon as they seem to get something going, something negative happens. It appears to be happening again. Ultimately, they're going to run out of time. Romo's window isn't getting bigger, and the future QB of the Cowboys isn't on the roster yet. I guess it could be worse. At least they're not the Raiders.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us out and about in Cowboys Nation had anointed them, but we can pretend that isn't the case now. Like I stated, it really doesn't matter at this point. It's all just pissing in the wind.

2011-2013: predictably fall short of the playoffs courtesy of division opponents, each year

I don't know what it is, but over the last decade or so, as soon as they seem to get something going, something negative happens. It appears to be happening again. Ultimately, they're going to run out of time. Romo's window isn't getting bigger, and the future QB of the Cowboys isn't on the roster yet. I guess it could be worse. At least they're not the Raiders.

But what we all have to keep in mind is that your the Jackass that said Atlanta was one of our more winnable games.

Just something to consider.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what we all have to keep in mind is that your the Jackass that said Atlanta was one of our more winnable games.

Just something to consider.
Why does that make him a jackass? Atlanta WAS one of our more winnable games and we should have won that game.

The only big injury to the D since the start of the year is Gregory and he'll be back. Scandrick was before that and we already knew about McClain and Hardy being out 4 weeks due to suspension. T McClain was after, but not something I'd call huge even though he would likely be starting for us at the 1 tech at some point. Lee was just an in game thing and Gachkar was a couple of plays. I don't think we can blame the defensive problems on health right now. Offense, yeah, but not defense. Guys get hurt in the NFL. Our defense is not going to be one of the best in the league this year. But, they should be and IMO WILL BE much better than we saw against Atl. I didn't think they were so horrible last night except they choked when it mattered most. I know this is cherry picking, but until we tied it with that late TD I thought Brees was barely over 200 yards passing. So yeah, the D didn't step up, but I don't know if I can agree that they were horrible.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that make him a jackass? Atlanta WAS one of our more winnable games and we should have won that game.

His comment was based on schedule alone ...nothing to do with the fact we were competing in that game and had chance to win it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only big injury to the D since the start of the year is Gregory and he'll be back. Scandrick was before that and we already knew about McClain and Hardy being out 4 weeks due to suspension. T McClain was after, but not something I'd call huge even though he would likely be starting for us at the 1 tech at some point. Lee was just an in game thing and Gachkar was a couple of plays. I don't think we can blame the defensive problems on health right now. Offense, yeah, but not defense. Guys get hurt in the NFL. Our defense is not going to be one of the best in the league this year. But, they should be and IMO WILL BE much better than we saw against Atl. I didn't think they were so horrible last night except they choked when it mattered most. I know this is cherry picking, but until we tied it with that late TD I thought Brees was barely over 200 yards passing. So yeah, the D didn't step up, but I don't know if I can agree that they were horrible.

Not making excuses for the defense. But the health issues of the offense has a direct affect on the defense.

In both losses we lost the time of possession as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making excuses for the defense. But the health issues of the offense has a direct affect on the defense.

In both losses we lost the time of possession as well.
true

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That part about the Raiders??? When Romo went down, Dungy said he would rather be 2-0 and in Dallas position w/o Romo and Dez than in the Giants or Eagles position. At 0-2. Rodney Harrison disagreed. He said what do u think Dallas will go w/o Romo. Dungy said 6-2. Harrison just laughed. At the time I agreed with Dungy bout the 2-0 part, now I'm leaning towards Harrison. Ha. Now I never believed we would go 6-2. I was hoping for 4-4.