• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The complexity and sophistication of our offensive plays....

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else crushing on this? Really beautiful stuff that I'm not used to seeing our boys in Blue and Orange perform. And when you compare or contrast Trestman's play design with Ron Turner's or Mike Martz's offense, it's like watching a guy play chess versus a dude playing checkers.

To me, we're finally designing plays on par with the elite teams in the league and last week we were a team that executed it to perfection.

Just for an example, a real simple play during the Atlanta game: the 3rd and goal (9 yards out) where everyone in the stadium was expecting us to pass, the offensive comes to the line, nobody puts there hand on the ground (indicating to the D that a pass play is coming) and the ball is snapped, Kyle Long pulls and trap blocks an LB allowing Slausen to get to the next level, Bennett joins Slausen at the second level and take out a couple/three dudes, and Forte runs in for a TD.

Simple, but really great stuff.

Anybody else want to wax poetic in the afterglow of a great game?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else crushing on this? Really beautiful stuff that I'm not used to seeing our boys in Blue and Orange perform. And when you compare or contrast Trestman's play design with Ron Turner's or Mike Martz's offense, it's like watching a guy play chess versus a dude playing checkers.

To me, we're finally designing plays on par with the elite teams in the league and last week we were a team that executed it to perfection.

Just for an example, a real simple play during the Atlanta game: the 3rd and goal (9 yards out) where everyone in the stadium was expecting us to pass, the offensive comes to the line, nobody puts there hand on the ground (indicating to the D that a pass play is coming) and the ball is snapped, Kyle Long pulls and trap blocks an LB allowing Slausen to get to the next level, Bennett joins Slausen at the second level and take out a couple/three dudes, and Forte runs in for a TD.

Simple, but really great stuff.

Anybody else want to wax poetic in the afterglow of a great game?

There was another big pass play where Jeffrey made the reception but you could see Marshall was already set up for the big second level block. You could tell that it was the design.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Packers game, I thought that Alshon TD which they stole from the Rams playbook was brilliant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tman has brought the 21st century to Chicago, band also we have the offensive players now. It's great timing. Will we win more? TBD. I can think of a ton of good offenses that never won shit.