• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The comeback: Red Sox 2 walk-off wins in 22 hours, shame Mariners off in sweep

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw and Grienke is a short series nightmare

Half season of Puig and Hanley and no Kemp has a lot to do with Runs scored

That team is built for October IMO

cards team ERA

thats scary good

of guys to have started at least 10 games for them, no one has an ERA over 3.87

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball is expected to announce the Biogenesis-related suspensions of nine players on Friday, but Alex Rodriguez’s fate remains up in the air, according to a report in the New York Post.

CHEAT SHEET
These athletes flouted the rules. Who's in this hall of shame?
The report said Rodriguez may join the other nine and be announced Friday, but he also could be handled separately. His suspension is expected to be significantly more serious than the others, and the situation surrounding him is more complicated.

Exactly which nine players will be suspended is not yet known, but the group is widely believed to include Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera and Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli.

Those players are expected to be suspended for 50 games, with the possibility that some or all of them could receive an additional 15 games for impeding MLB’s investigation, according to the Post. Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun already accepted a 65-game suspension with that same breakdown — 50 games for steroids and 15 for interfering with the investigation.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball is expected to announce the Biogenesis-related suspensions of nine players on Friday, but Alex Rodriguez’s fate remains up in the air, according to a report in the New York Post.

CHEAT SHEET
These athletes flouted the rules. Who's in this hall of shame?
The report said Rodriguez may join the other nine and be announced Friday, but he also could be handled separately. His suspension is expected to be significantly more serious than the others, and the situation surrounding him is more complicated.

Exactly which nine players will be suspended is not yet known, but the group is widely believed to include Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera and Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli.

Those players are expected to be suspended for 50 games, with the possibility that some or all of them could receive an additional 15 games for impeding MLB’s investigation, according to the Post. Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun already accepted a 65-game suspension with that same breakdown — 50 games for steroids and 15 for interfering with the investigation.

it will be a fun list

and

no sox :suds:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nats are probably the biggest disappointment outside of the angels and maybe the dodgers (tho the guys they brought in werent the caliber of the ones the angels thought they were getting)

Yea the Nats were supposed to run away with NL East and supposed to be in World Series from NL. They aren't even .500 :dhd:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got the cardinals

you look at other NL teams like the braves (26-30 on the road, yuck)

the dodgers have scored the 2nd fewest runs in the NL west behind only the last place giants

Finally healthy, they were 5th in MLB in runs scored in July...2nd in OPS...

This isn't the same team as we saw in April and May...they're rolling...and will sprint away with that division...might be the biggest division lead by seasons end, if the nats get their heads out their asses...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Kershaw and Grienke is a short series nightmare

Half season of Puig and Hanley and no Kemp has a lot to do with Runs scored

That team is built for October IMO

cards team ERA

thats scary good

of guys to have started at least 10 games for them, no one has an ERA over 3.87

I think this is your NLCS this year...Braves don't feel like they can compete with either in an "everyone's healthy" scenerio...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally healthy, they were 5th in MLB in runs scored in July...2nd in OPS...

This isn't the same team as we saw in April and May...they're rolling...and will sprint away with that division...might be the biggest division lead by seasons end, if the nats get their heads out their asses...

the dodgers?

their rotation outside of kershaw and grienke is shaky at best (high WHIPS for a lot of those guys)

offensively, i still dont see much consistency, speed on the bases, etc

i dunno, im not seeing it...maybe its just me...and that division is atrocious so take "running away with it" with a grain of salt as they say

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm there later this month my man

Nice , i was there this past Monday. My oldest son lives outside of Albany his finance's water breaks early Monday morning 2:30 we leave Long Island at 6 get there a little after 9 the midwife says she is only 3 centimeters dilated.

Had the nerve to ask all if a trip to the track would be out of the question for me as i has a few friends up there already the answer was a surprising yes, hit the first race and the early double stayed for the seventh race and left.

Had a Grandson Nico at 10:55 Monday night all is good.

Going back up in two weeks after they are all settled in..

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dodgers?

their rotation outside of kershaw and grienke is shaky at best (high WHIPS for a lot of those guys)

i dunno, im not seeing it...maybe its just me...and that division is atrocious so take "running away with it" with a grain of salt as they say

only two dominant starters in a playoff series and it would be hard to beat a greinke kershaw combo

Ryu is pretty damn good too

everything else in that division is shit

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers with more than 2 14K/0BB starts in their careers:

Roger Clemens

Pedro Martinez

Randy Johnson

and now,

Yu Darvish

Huh

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two walk offs you say? That's cute :)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nats are probably the biggest disappointment outside of the angels and maybe the dodgers (tho the guys they brought in werent the caliber of the ones the angels thought they were getting)

The Nats lineup and pitching took a huge step backwards. It went from being one of the best in the NL last year to one of the worst in MLB. They went from 1st in the NL in ERA last year to 8th.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only two dominant starters in a playoff series and it would be hard to beat a greinke kershaw combo

Ryu is pretty damn good too

everything else in that division is shit

ryu leads the team in walks (42)...7 more than kershaw, in 39 fewer IP...and leads in HR allowed

a bit wild, but yeah...PRETY good

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dodgers?

Dodgers are starting to hit. Last month, they batted .289/.344/.443 with 125 runs scored in 25 games.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bob Nightengale:

MLB to A-Rod: Sit out until 2015 or rest of your life. Your choice.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Bud "Kennesaw Mountain" Selig going to do his thing already?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are starting to hit. Last month, they batted .289/.344/.443 with 125 runs scored in 25 games.

every team gets hot and every team can fade

ask the orioles (tho they arent toast yet)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ryu leads the team in walks (42)...7 more than kershaw, in 39 fewer IP...and leads in HR allowed

a bit wild, but yeah...PRETY good

He has 45 BB in 129 IP, giving him a BB/9 of 2.9. Not great, but I wouldn't call that wild either. He hasn't plunked any batters and he's thrown 4 wild pitches.

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Mattingly's job is safe now there were a lot of people who thought he might have been in over his head..

Dodgers will be a tough out in the playoffs, did they sign Brian Wilson yet?