• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The CFL allows challenges on penalties.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it right now, and one coach challenged a PI call. When is the NFL going to get with the times?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that, two challenged PI calls in this game thus far.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that, two challenged PI calls in this game thus far.

And did the coach win the challenge?

I'm with you on this. I think you should be able to challenge anything you want. You still only get two (3 if you are right both times) challenges. If you want to waste them on something frivolous so be it. If you waste them too early so be it. But what a difference it may have made in the Det-Dallas playoff game last year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it right now, and one coach challenged a PI call. When is the NFL going to get with the times?

NO DOUBT!!! That would be awesome if the NFL adopted that... No reason not too!!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did the coach win the challenge?

I'm with you on this. I think you should be able to challenge anything you want. You still only get two (3 if you are right both times) challenges. If you want to waste them on something frivolous so be it. If you waste them too early so be it. But what a difference it may have made in the Det-Dallas playoff game last year.

The second one involved the offense challenging that a flag should have been thrown and the first had the defense challenging that a flag should not have been thrown if I recall correctly. Neither challenge was successful. Really both calls were at least a bit close and I imagine the officials ruled that there wasn't enough evidence to change either call. Still always worth it to have the option to look at a call again. I wouldn't be opposed to letting the officials go under the hood if they need another look. Beats watching them huddle together and argue about who had the clearest view of the play.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree coaches should be able to challenge more calls but PI calls? That's a slippery slope and one that probably wouldn't get overturned for either side.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree coaches should be able to challenge more calls but PI calls? That's a slippery slope and one that probably wouldn't get overturned for either side.

Anything that helps ensure the correct calls are being made is fine with me. In addition to allowing coaches to challenge anything I would probably change the current rules so that you essentially have unlimited challenges, but if you lose two of them you can't challenge any more. You already lose a timeout if you lose a challenge, and you can't challenge if you have no timeouts. Just seems stupid to put a limit on them when the penalties for missing them are already pretty big. Worst case scenario ( if you could call it that) with the change I just presented is one team keeps getting challenges correct and extends the game by, what? 10-15 minutes?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a Redblacks guy myself.

pinball clemons was their (CFL's, argos) barry sanders. he would have been a fine NFL back even tho he was so tiny. he had incredible balance.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything that helps ensure the correct calls are being made is fine with me. In addition to allowing coaches to challenge anything I would probably change the current rules so that you essentially have unlimited challenges, but if you lose two of them you can't challenge any more. You already lose a timeout if you lose a challenge, and you can't challenge if you have no timeouts. Just seems stupid to put a limit on them when the penalties for missing them are already pretty big. Worst case scenario ( if you could call it that) with the change I just presented is one team keeps getting challenges correct and extends the game by, what? 10-15 minutes?

Yeah time limit is stupid. I just don't see how an official would be able to overturn a PI call or say one should have been called, stopped the game and then call it a PI penalty