• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cavs without Lebron

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they added Bosh before LeBron.

Had LeBron stayed in Cleveland, Miami would have been a top 3 team in the East without him. Depending on how they used cap space, they might have even been the best.

Seriously?!? C'mon man, you're better than that. They were added in the same off-season. It's not like Bosh signed in one off-season and the Lebron the following. There was never a Wade/Bosh led Heat until after Lebron left.

The whole point was Bosh and Lebron joining Wade in Miami. Lebron was never staying in Cleveland. They figured that all out when they were on the Olympic team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up how shane will tell us how great Love and Kyrie are, then try and downgrade them when the Cavs are called a super team.

He's just setting up his June excuse.

If the Cavs lose, we're going to spend the summer with him telling us how the poor, undermanned Cavs just couldn't beat that super team.

If they win, he'll spend the summer telling us all about how David slew Goliath. :tsk:

Maybe the Cavs have the Warriors #? They seem to play them pretty good usually. Going back to last years Finals the Cavs are now 5-3 against them. Can't imagine another team in the league that's beaten G.S. 5 out of the last 8 recently.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Cavs have the Warriors #? They seem to play them pretty good usually. Going back to last years Finals the Cavs are now 5-3 against them. Can't imagine another team in the league that's beaten G.S. 5 out of the last 8 recently.

That's entirely possible. But it doesn't mean the Cavs aren't a superteam or that it would be the miraculous upset or expected loss that shane will try to paint depending on what happens.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's entirely possible. But it doesn't mean the Cavs aren't a superteam or that it would be the miraculous upset or expected loss that shane will try to paint depending on what happens.

I can't call the Cavs a super team. They obviously had a great season last year & are a damn good team this year but super team's needs multiple titles.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call the Cavs a super team. They obviously had a great season last year & are a damn good team this year but super team's needs multiple titles.

Depends on the definition of super team. Currently, it seems to be teams with multiple star players (at least 3).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the definition of super team. Currently, it seems to be teams with multiple star players (at least 3).

Good point. Well got some people stopping by for Ohio State's game. Happy New Year T12.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? C'mon man, you're better than that. They were added in the same off-season. It's not like Bosh signed in one off-season and the Lebron the following. There was never a Wade/Bosh led Heat until after Lebron left.

The whole point was Bosh and Lebron joining Wade in Miami. Lebron was never staying in Cleveland. They figured that all out when they were on the Olympic team.

I understand all that.

Point being, Bosh signed like 4 days before LeBron and when that signing happened, the Heat were being hyped as East contenders. Once they added LeBron, it was nearly a foregone conclusion. Only the Celtics really stood in their way.

Again, Miami was a super team that included LeBron, because the other 2 members of the big 3 would have been formidable in their own.

You can't say that about Kyrie and Love. Cleveland is an outstanding team with much talent, but I still can't call them a "superteam". Superteams do not always win. Miami proved that when they lost to Dallas in year 1. Cleveland is capable of beating the Warriors super team this year, but it is because LeBron is the league's best player, not because they are a super team also.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last year's team is different from this year. Also, there was a lot of adversity for GS in the Finals last year.

If Cleveland wins the Finals again, then it might be fair to make that comment. Not right now though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say that about Kyrie and Love. Cleveland is an outstanding team with much talent, but I still can't call them a "superteam".

This is where we disagree. I think they are and I think they at least make the 2nd round without Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we disagree. I think they are and I think they at least make the 2nd round without Lebron.

Maybe today. Certainly not 2 years ago. Certainly not last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, disagree. I think without Lebron for a significant amount of time, they adjust. I think Love would have found his place in the offense sooner because he would be, at least, the #2 option rather than the #3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also though,

The only reason I think you might be right about Cleveland making the second round minus LBJ today, is because of the experience gained by KI and Love with him.

Again, they did not add pieces to be a superteam, they evolved into what they are. Golden State and Miami were instant title favorites as soon as the ink was dry on those contracts. Cleveland was among favorites, but it was not so clear cut.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also though,

The only reason I think you might be right about Cleveland making the second round minus LBJ today, is because of the experience gained by KI and Love with him.

Again, they did not add pieces to be a superteam, they evolved into what they are. Golden State and Miami were instant title favorites as soon as the ink was dry on those contracts. Cleveland was among favorites, but it was not so clear cut.

They already had an all star caliber player in Kyrie, they added another all star in Love and they added the best player in the world.

Superteam.

It happened the same way as in Miami, only Love was the last one to join (via trade) instead of Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question @tlance and @Shanemansj13 .

What is your definition of a superteam?

For me it is when you have a superstar surrounded by 2 or more stars.

I defined it earlier.

For me, it is when you have a contender caliber core and add a superstar to the mix. There have only been 2 (maybe 3) teams over the last 30 years that fit that definition.

The first you ever heard the phrase "superteam" is when the Heat formed their big 3.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's team is different from this year. Also, there was a lot of adversity for GS in the Finals last year.

If Cleveland wins the Finals again, then it might be fair to make that comment. Not right now though.

Ws won 73 regular season games last year. They don't have any excuses for not winning the Championship.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

So what part of my comment was bullshit? Did the Cavs not have a great season last year? Are they not off to a good start this year? They have the best record in the E & the 3rd best record in the NBA right now. And I think to be called a super team a team should have more than 1 title.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What adversity? Winning an NBA record 73 regular season games? Having the 2x League MVP? And don't use injuries as an excuse. Two years ago Cavs fans couldn't use Irving & Love injured for the Finals as an excuse. Also I didn't say the Cavs have the Warriors #, I said maybe they do.