• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bunt

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only is there the team competitive issue of comebacks actually being a thing on occasion, so you gotta keep adding on until the 27th out is recorded, there is also the fact that Dubon is playing on borrowed time atm. He doesnt have the option of playing half-ass right now. He is trying to either keep his spot with the Giants or get a spot with another team. He needs to work on and/or show his talents. Being able to lay down a bunt single is a skill that can be very useful in today’s game.

As for Clark and or Williams getting bent over it, they come from a different time. I forgive them.
And Matt can always hang his hat on the HR he crushed off me. Why's he whining?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned elsewhere that if the situation happened exactly as Richardson describes (Shildt blowing up with no provocation of any kind) than he is an ass.

However, that makes zero sense to me. The story, as told, makes Shildt out to be a complete psychopath prone to Tourette’s-like outbursts at the drop of the hat. I think we would know that about him at this point if that were the case, and he would not be as successful in his post-playing career if that were the case.

Because I have a hard time believing Richardson’s story as it is (ignoring the racial issues), I can’t follow the rest of his story (the racial aspect).

He took offense to the word, "control".

If the exchange were really heated, and I guess it was, I could see where he'd be offended.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took offense to the word, "control".

If the exchange were really heated, and I guess it was, I could see where he'd be offended.
My point (with this post) is not really what was said, but the speed at which to discussion escalated.

From my understanding, and I very well could be missing something, but the discussion went something like this…

*Shildt looks in the Gs dugout*

Richardson: “Can I help you”

*Shildt ignores Richardson*

Shildt to Kapler: “You need to control this mother fucker”

That just doesn’t pass the sniff test. That CANT be the extent of the conversation. I am very suspect of the person who only tells partial stories. My sister does that, and she always leaves out the portion of the story where she egged on the other party. I always roll my eyes when she tells a story in which someone comes out of left field and does her dirty.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point (with this post) is not really what was said, but the speed at which to discussion escalated.

From my understanding, and I very well could be missing something, but the discussion went something like this…

*Shildt looks in the Gs dugout*

Richardson: “Can I help you”

*Shildt ignores Richardson*

Shildt to Kapler: “You need to control this mother fucker”

That just doesn’t pass the sniff test. That CANT be the extent of the conversation. I am very suspect of the person who only tells partial stories. My sister does that, and she always leaves out the portion of the story where she egged on the other party. I always roll my eyes when she tells a story in which someone comes out of left field and does her dirty.
We have the same sister...

That said when you're telling a white man to control a black person...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the same sister...

That said when you're telling a white man to control a black person...
i am not ceding that that even happened. When everything else about the story stinks, I am not going to assume that the statement about the scent of rose undertones existing is true.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i hate to side with umpires, but the “independent” 3rd party who was right there seemed to think Richardson was in the wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is it that there has been ZERO video of this exchange emerge? Even where it isn’t the focus of the video being taken.

I am not saying it didn’t happen. I don’t know either way. I am just saying that information I have seen to date just doesn’t add up

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is it that there has been ZERO video of this exchange emerge? Even where it isn’t the focus of the video being taken.

I am not saying it didn’t happen. I don’t know either way. I am just saying that information I have seen to date just doesn’t add up
I still want to see Matt Williams getting pissy about the bunt...