• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Blame Jim Leyland" Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder? The guy leads the team in HR's, towards the top of the league in RBI's, and a boatload of walks. Typical iffy, at every chance take a shot at fielder or miggy. I remember when the tigers got fielder, iffy had a million and one jokes about the tigers defense. 2nd in the AL in fielding. Not too shabby

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing in coke vs a lefty or righty wasnt too bright. Coke just flat out sucks. Always has and always will. Its just some people only remember the few games he pitched well vs the yanks last year. Should of left AL AL in.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So valverde was a "scapegoat" when the tigers lost sunday? Just blame valverde because its the american way? Not because he walked the leadoff hitter the speedy bourn or walked a 42 yr old man. I know thats young in your book eh iffy...

I like how iffy brings up "the american way" like hes better than americans or something. Iffy why do you act all high and mighty and always trying to preach about something. Are you not american? Since the american way, in your words is blaming someone else? Iffy you try so hard to be controversial and act like you are on a pedestal when we all know you are a ols creepy stalking old man. With you, its never about sports, you always have to have some kind of BS rant. Just like when you asked muzz if he was a cleveland bus driver. Thought that was kind of tasteless after hearing what those young girls went thru. But nothing you ever do surprises me.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JL is a bum......It's not as fun to say as Raburn sucks!!!!!! but it feels good nonetheless.......

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JL is a bum......It's not as fun to say as Raburn sucks!!!!!! but it feels good nonetheless.......

Muzz....if you can get DD to swing a Girardi for Leyland deal...I am all for it.

(sorry i don't bug you much any more....but any spare time I have, I need to spend on pulling cleaves' short hairs. After all, my thoughts are very important to him.)

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So valverde was a "scapegoat" when the tigers lost sunday? Just blame valverde because its the american way? Not because he walked the leadoff hitter the speedy bourn or walked a 42 yr old man. I know thats young in your book eh iffy...

I like how iffy brings up "the american way" like hes better than americans or something. Iffy why do you act all high and mighty and always trying to preach about something. Are you not american? Since the american way, in your words is blaming someone else? Iffy you try so hard to be controversial and act like you are on a pedestal when we all know you are a ols creepy stalking old man. With you, its never about sports, you always have to have some kind of BS rant. Just like when you asked muzz if he was a cleveland bus driver. Thought that was kind of tasteless after hearing what those young girls went thru. But nothing you ever do surprises me.
==============================================================
This is not about sports either rather some bs rant.Said the pot to the kettle

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing in coke vs a lefty or righty wasnt too bright. Coke just flat out sucks. Always has and always will. Its just some people only remember the few games he pitched well vs the yanks last year. Should of left AL AL in.

:agree:

Thank you fellow CBS refugee Cleaves.

Too many people are caught up in the luckout that was Coke in last year's postseason. It is about the only time he has EVER looked good.

And please KILL the running full speed from the bullpen schtick Phil. I'd guess that 98% of the running that you have ever done in your roly-poly, rotund life is this JOKE of a routine!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite making sense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Leyland, but he can start by leaving the aces in past the 7th, especially when they are throwing shut outs.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint. I don't disagree with pulling Verlander after 117 pitches. You have to trust your bullpen.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is a marathon, not a sprint. I don't disagree with pulling Verlander after 117 pitches. You have to trust your bullpen.

Obviously nobody trusts Valverde, not should they.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the blame squarely on Dombrowski!

You will place all your closer eggs in a rookie basket that never pitched higher than AA. Detroit needed to have a fallback position in the very likely chance Rondon failed. And I sure hope it wasn't Valverde to begin with!

Poor planning on dombrowski's part has created an emergency on Leyland's plate.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the blame squarely on Dombrowski!

You will place all your closer eggs in a rookie basket that never pitched higher than AA. Detroit needed to have a fallback position in the very likely chance Rondon failed. And I sure hope it wasn't Valverde to begin with!

Poor planning on dombrowski's part has created an emergency on Leyland's plate.

:agree:

Wills...thanks for saving me the keyboard strokes.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto from me on jdwills post.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dombrowski has never spent much time worrying about the bullpen....sometimes I think anything to do with pitching is not a high priority with him.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well why is that all he drafts then? Why did he trade for fister? He traded for max. He traded for washburn. He traded for sanchez. He locked up JV. he resigned sanchez. He signed benoit. I dont agree with he doesnt think pitching is a priority. The tigers have one of the best starting rotations.

I agree something should have been done about our closer spot. I for one didnt want rondon closing for a team so close. I had wanted the beard, but i guess he never recovered since nobody signed him. I wonder if hes getting better or will be ready for the end of the year. At least give him an incentive contract. He cant be worse than valverde. If it takes til august to get him, and he will be ready, i say get the beard....or my number 1 option i had.....get papelbon at the trade deadline.

I will never throw stones at DD. I back him for many reasons....miggy, prince, JV, fister, max, ajax, infante, peralta, hunter, benoit, victor, sanchez...

And what did we give up? Maybin, miller, wells, furbush, granderson, E jackson, turner, ruffin...

Thats pretty good if you ask me. Better than the randy smith days. Getting a bunch of sorry padres, and signing brad ausmus as your big move.....TWICE!!!!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line here, is simple.....

It has been proven by experts here that Jim Leyland is the worst manager in MLB. Simple viewing on TV can tell anyone that. But here is the problem. If the Tigers fired Leyland, whom do you blame for each Tiger's loss? If you think I am going to analyze each Tiger defeat to find a PLAYER(S) to blame - you are crazy. It is soooo much easier to just blame Leyland for whatever went wrong. COME ON....we've already had Raburn and Inge taken away as obvious targets for any and all Detroit failures. (AND we can't point to Lamont's poor 3rd base coaching) If Leyland is gone - we all would have to start finding fault with the players! Imagine actually pinning wins and loses on performances of players!!!???? Forget it! As much as Leyland stinks, us fans NEED him here as a scapegoat. Heaven forbid that we might find out that Verlander did not do as expected OR that Smyly lost a game for us. I am 100% behind keeping JL as long as I, and other lackadaisical fans, need to take the easy way out and blame the manager for ALL the team's problems.