• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The blackouts have been lifted...

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many of those seats were sold to visiting teams fans.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if anyone from CA owns enough cold weather gear to survive the temps in Green Bay this Sunday

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if anyone from CA owns enough cold weather gear to survive the temps in Green Bay this Sunday

We have mountains and snow and cold in California that would make the average flat lander Cheesehead shit himself. Flat cold and boring doesnt scare us.

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how it would be financially responsible to blackout the playoff games even if they didn't sell out. Those that don't want to go to the game will be watching it on tv anyway. Are you telling me that a rerun of two and a half men is going to be watched by more people than the nFL playoffs? I know there are some corporate sponsor reasons for this but it doesn't make sense to me.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the "almost" blackouts were great. Fans should not buy the tickets to every game in every sport. The teams would have to lower the prices eventually. I couldn't afford to take my family to any pro sports game and it's our fault.

I always laugh when a team signs a player to a huge contract and someone says "who cares it's not our money". Umm...yes it is. Ticket prices go up, food at the stadium go up, memorabilia goes up, and most notably everything you buy goes up since the sponsoring prices go up. So when a company like Pepsi wants to advertise they have to spend more and so they raise the prices. If NIKE stopped paying athletes these ridiculous amounts to advertise they could sell most of their sneakers for well under $20 and still make the same profit.

We're just stupid sports fans....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals sell out an hour before the announcement had to be made?

Wonder who came in with the deep pockets?

edit: Looks like P&G.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green Bay held a pep rally for fans yesterday and every fan got a free ticket. Not sure on attendance numbers for it but they usually get a thousand if not more for those

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have mountains and snow and cold in California that would make the average flat lander Cheesehead shit himself. Flat cold and boring doesnt scare us.

I call bullshit sir!

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay held a pep rally for fans yesterday and every fan got a free ticket. Not sure on attendance numbers for it but they usually get a thousand if not more for those

I just googled this and they gave away 34 tickets. Lol, looking at pictures most in attendance might have received a ticket.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like corporate sponsors saved the day in Green Bay. I thought this never happened up there because their fans sell out every single game. Here seems to be proof that we don't always hear the entire story from that group.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like corporate sponsors saved the day in Green Bay. I thought this never happened up there because their fans sell out every single game. Here seems to be proof that we don't always hear the entire story from that group.

Go read the other thread on this it is explained in full what happened.

In a nutshell, the Packers offer the ticket holders playoff tickets in November. You have to pay for 2 games and if they don't make the playoffs they are not refunded the money it is instead put towards next years tickets. With Rodgers hurt, the Packers sucking most holders passed on the first offering. Then making the playoffs 3 days after xmas and most likely already spending the money on the holidays ticket holders were tapped. Most people are after the holidays. Bad timing bad ticket purchasing policy and bad weather all factored into it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a nutshell, the Packers offer the ticket holders playoff tickets in November. You have to pay for 2 games and if they don't make the playoffs they are not refunded the money it is instead put towards next years tickets. With Rodgers hurt, the Packers sucking most holders passed on the first offering. Then making the playoffs 3 days after xmas and most likely already spending the money on the holidays ticket holders were tapped. Most people are after the holidays. Bad timing bad ticket purchasing policy and bad weather all factored into it.

I am not busting your balls on this but I would like to point out that for a team that is "owned" by the fans, GB's ticket playoff policy blows chunks. It can be set up that season ticket holders can elect to "pay as the play" which is much more fan friendly.

I don't buy the other excuses you mention though. For a storied franchise such as The Packers, I would expect ticket buyers to be standing in line to buy tickets once announced they are available.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you ever traveled outside your own state? Wisconsin cold is colder than California cold. Longitude/latitude does matter.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All that considered makes this even worse. Basically, give the fans there a pass because they don't believe in their team. I don't think we give many other teams fans a pass for that.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how it would be financially responsible to blackout the playoff games even if they didn't sell out. Those that don't want to go to the game will be watching it on tv anyway. Are you telling me that a rerun of two and a half men is going to be watched by more people than the nFL playoffs? I know there are some corporate sponsor reasons for this but it doesn't make sense to me.

There is talk of lifting he blackout rule, it just does not make financial sense in this day and age when TV deals are much, much more lucrative than ticket sales.

Still, kind of a sign of the times I guess. Most people either can't afford it or would prefer indoor comforts and HD TV to freezing your Keister off in Green Bay, Cincinnati or Philly in the middle of an Arctic Blizzard.

Only the Hard Core Fans/Borderline Psycopaths will brave the elements this weekend in those cities.

Still have to wonder about the Colts inability to sell out a playoff game in a dome without some Corporate last minute help.

Kind of embarrassing for ownership.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In defense of the packers, that game is going to be absolutely brutal for most fans. Sure the 20 somethings will be able to weather the storm but most will have to do a decent amount of traveling to get there, which becomes very tough very quick in bad weather

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. The coldest day at the top of Mt Whitney isn't as cold as Green Bay on Sunday, and if it was, how many Californians have ever been there?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Bears fan, so it pains me to defend Packers fans. But do you have any fucking idea how cold it's going to be on Sunday?

You literally should have your children taken away from you if you tried to bring them to this game. People are 70 are risking death sitting in the stands. And the roads are going to be dangerous too.