• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big XII is the best conference in 2019

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opponent really doesn't matter to me. I'll take the Rose Bowl over the Cotton Bowl any time. The goal is to make the best bowl you can, not to play a team you know you can beat.
Difference of opinion on that, but that's fine. It' a little of both actually.

Rose and Cotton are equal Bowls in general (2 of the 4 Historical NYD Bowls and both in the NY6). I know, I know, that is blasphemy to a B1G fan and a different issue. I've been to both, and I LOVE the Rose Bowl, but I'd rather see Alabama (10-2) in the Cotton vs. Wisconsin (10-3) than in the Rose vs. California (7-5). Something like that.

BTW, the year that Wisconsin played Western Michigan in the Cotton, were you excited about that vs. landing in the Citrus vs. an SEC team simply due to the Cotton being a historical NYD Bowl higher on the pecking order? I ask, as I much prefer Alabama playing Michigan @ Citrus over playing Baylor @ Sugar, Memphis @ Cotton or Virginia @ Orange this year.

Sometimes, the venue or Bowl is more important, and sometimes the opponent is more important. I definitely understand a Wisconsin fan preferring to play Oregon in the Rose to Memphis in the Cotton, but I would rather play Oregon in the Cotton than Memphis in the Rose. FTR, On Wisconsin! Beat the Ducks!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference of opinion on that, but that's fine. It' a little of both actually.

Rose and Cotton are equal Bowls in general (2 of the 4 Historical NYD Bowls and both in the NY6). I know, I know, that is blasphemy to a B1G fan and a different issue. I've been to both, and I LOVE the Rose Bowl, but I'd rather see Alabama (10-2) in the Cotton vs. Wisconsin (10-3) than in the Rose vs. California (7-5). Something like that.

BTW, the year that Wisconsin played Western Michigan in the Cotton, were you excited about that vs. landing in the Citrus vs. an SEC team simply due to the Cotton being a historical NYD Bowl higher on the pecking order? I ask, as I much prefer Alabama playing Michigan @ Citrus over playing Baylor @ Sugar, Memphis @ Cotton or Virginia @ Orange this year.

Sometimes, the venue or Bowl is more important, and sometimes the opponent is more important. I definitely understand a Wisconsin fan preferring to play Oregon in the Rose to Memphis in the Cotton, but I would rather play Oregon in the Cotton than Memphis in the Rose. FTR, On Wisconsin! Beat the Ducks!

As a Wisconsin fan, the goal for the season is to play in the Rose Bowl. Who we play is immaterial. The CFP did mess that up a bit. If we do make the Playoffs some year, I hope it is when the Rose Bowl is up for a playoff game, I'd hate our best team not being able to play in the Rose Bowl.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Wisconsin fan, the goal for the season is to play in the Rose Bowl. Who we play is immaterial. The CFP did mess that up a bit. If we do make the Playoffs some year, I hope it is when the Rose Bowl is up for a playoff game, I'd hate our best team not being able to play in the Rose Bowl.
That is fair, and I appreciate your opinion! :)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair, and I appreciate your opinion! :)

I would echo his opinion. Of course, we're both old farts and appreciate tradition.

The way I see it, if the opponent and Bucky earned the right to be there, that's who plays.

Before this year's B1G champ game, many media outlets had the Rose taking Penn St and sending UW somewhere else. I honestly wouldn't have bitched about it cuz you have to win the B1G to be guaranteed that spot. I wouldn't have been happy, but wouldn't have whined about it either. Now I'm just whining about the ticket prices....

Last edited:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thank you very much! Did you enjoy the Auburn Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma - when the Tigers were kicked up a notch and over-matched? Did you make the trip? Spend the money? The Bowl Games should be between two teams of similar levels for a good game that can go either way. Where is the fun in travelling to Orlando from Iowa to see the Cyclones lose 33-9 because they were over-matched? It's not the Bowl, it's the match-up that is out of whack.
I went.
Spent the money.
Watched our QB go down on the first drive.

If you want to be the man you got to beat the man:

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went.
Spent the money.
Watched our QB go down on the first drive.

If you want to be the man you got to beat the man:
Ouch! Bummer of a trip.

You were an exception, as that was one of the lowest attended Sugar Bowls in memory (54,000+). I get the point about trying to punch up though, but in Iowa State's case this year - it wasn't worth the "L", as ISU was trying to win 8 games for the 3rd year in a row for the first time since the Earle Bruce Era.

IMO, for a program trying to better themselves, finishing 8-5 with a nice win over Navy @ Liberty would have been a better end to the year. Of course, losing to Navy would suck balls too! I want ISU to play in better Bowls, but I think they should deserve it more from what the team does on the field vs. the fan draw.

Perhaps, I am wrong? Does it make a difference to you as a neutral fan whether Iowa State lost to ND yesterday vs. beating Navy in the Liberty? OR would Notre Dame playing against Iowa State make the Cyclones a more acceptable future Bowl opponent for Auburn? If not, then I want the W and the Bowl Trophy!

FWIW, the Liberty Bowl has more historical prestige than the Camping World Bowl to boot.

Last edited:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Bummer of a trip.

You were an exception, as that was one of the lowest attended Sugar Bowls in memory (54,000+). I get the point about trying to punch up though, but in Iowa State's case this year - it wasn't worth the "L", as ISU was trying to win 8 games for the 3rd year in a row for the first time since the Earle Bruce Era.

IMO, for a program trying to better themselves, finishing 8-5 with a nice win over Navy @ Liberty would have been a better end to the year. Of course, losing to Navy would suck balls too! I want ISU to play in better Bowls, but I think they should deserve it more from what the team does on the field vs. the fan draw.

Perhaps, I am wrong? Does it make a difference to you as a neutral fan whether Iowa State lost to ND yesterday vs. beating Navy in the Liberty? OR would Notre Dame playing against Iowa State make the Cyclones a more acceptable future Bowl opponent for Auburn?
I spent the weekend in New Orleans. Not complaining.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 had nothing for top teams this year

It was a deep league with solid teams but honestly Oklahoma and Baylor are probably not even top 15 teams

Kansas State is a lower top 25 team and the rest are just a little better than the non-Clemson ACC

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite part of bowl season so far has been A&M being favored over a ranked Okie St. Beating them was a foregone conclusion, but gotta be a kick in the nuts to the big 12 to be disrespected like that.

:pop2:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect Bowl season for the Big 12

Can Texas continue the domination tonight ?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has to be more painful than anal sex with a jackhammer for the OP.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP trolling the fuck outta some of y'all.

Unless he was actually serious? :scratch:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole conference decided that they "didnt want to be there"

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00