• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big XII has voted to add WVU only...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the flame wars begin in 3....2....1

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... the big east thinking of adding AF, Boise and BYU from out West... what a nightmare travel issue.

I hope this shit (league expansions) gets completed soon.... but I am sure we have a ways to go with ND issue hanging out there...

and I wish I would have got my post in before your countdown poop... ha..!

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... the big east thinking of adding AF, Boise and BYU from out West... what a nightmare travel issue.

I hope this shit (league expansions) gets completed soon.... but I am sure we have a ways to go with ND issue hanging out there...

and I wish I would have got my post in before your countdown poop... ha..!

It's football only...so what....4 away games? Big deal.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, the whole athletic program is joining the conference.

For WVU yes. I was talking about the Big East potential additions from the West.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Misunderstanding. I can't believe they are going with that model.

They need ranked teams.....bad..... As far as competition goes, it's not a bad move though IMHO. Potentially adding some strong football teams.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder how WVU fans feel about this......since the Big 12 is most likely going to ban beer sales at the games.

And I wonder what happened to Louisville? Last I heard this morning, they were also going to get an invite....that was at like 7AM.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
West Virginia will be in Big12 until SEC finally decides to go to 16.

I know people will laugh at this but I think the SEC should add ECU and West Virginia. West Virginia is about equal to Virginia Tech and is close to Virginia Tech markets. ECU averages 50k a game and gets the SEC into North Carolina without having to steal an ACC team.

This keeps the SEC from having to poach from the ACC and damage our relationship with that conference (thereby maintaining all the bigtime ACC-SEC rivalry games in basketball and football).

Also, from what I hear, ECU is probably the only real college in North Carolina that cares about their football team (NC State sometimes cares).

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia will be in Big12 until SEC finally decides to go to 16.

I know people will laugh at this but I think the SEC should add ECU and West Virginia. West Virginia is about equal to Virginia Tech and is close to Virginia Tech markets. ECU averages 50k a game and gets the SEC into North Carolina without having to steal an ACC team.

This keeps the SEC from having to poach from the ACC and damage our relationship with that conference (thereby maintaining all the bigtime ACC-SEC rivalry games in basketball and football).

Also, from what I hear, ECU is probably the only real college in North Carolina that cares about their football team (NC State sometimes cares).

I understand where you're going with that logic, but there is absolutely no freakin way the SEC takes ECU. Heck, they have applied for Big East membership 27 previous times and been turned down. No way the SEC takes a Big East reject.
With that said, I agree with everything you talked about with ECU. I truly think they could be a football power under the right circumstances. In fact, they were pretty much right on par with VT during the early 90s right before VT entered the Big East, which VT used to catapult its profile.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you're going with that logic, but there is absolutely no freakin way the SEC takes ECU. Heck, they have applied for Big East membership 27 previous times and been turned down. No way the SEC takes a Big East reject.
With that said, I agree with everything you talked about with ECU. I truly think they could be a football power under the right circumstances. In fact, they were pretty much right on par with VT during the early 90s right before VT entered the Big East, which VT used to catapult its profile.

You are smarter than me......

Virginia Recruiting = probably top 15 state in the nation

West Virginia Recruiting = probably bottom ten in the nation

....and I am out because this guy makes my brain bleed

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
West Virginia doesn't recruit in-state moron. They recruit Pittsburgh area. West Virginia also gets into the DC area when it comes to recruiting. I could see WVU being the team that pulls us into VA/DC area. We don't really need UVA, Maryland, or Va Tech.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia doesn't recruit in-state moron. They recruit Pittsburgh area. West Virginia also gets into the DC area when it comes to recruiting. I could see WVU being the team that pulls us into VA/DC area. We don't really need UVA, Maryland, or Va Tech.

Yes, because playing West Virginia, who recruits western PA is going to get you into Virginia for your recruiting....

Got it.....

I highly doubt the second half of your handle, unless they are giving away degrees down there. :L

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with you here. While WVU would add another football power to the SEC, it doesn't offer those precious television sets that are so vital when negotiating for new TV contracts. The SEC isn't going to add any more teams just for the sake of expansion. It will only be done if it increases the amount of TV revenue for all teams involved. Otherwise, what's the point?
VT would bring a new state, many, many more TV sets, and that DC market, which would be a major coup for the SEC when renegotiating for a new TV contract. There are way, way, way more VT fans in the DC, Northern Virginia areas than WVU. That's just a fact. It's also no secret VT has been one of the SEC's top targets for expansion.
With that said, I know a lot of VT fans want the SEC because it would mean greater exposure, more money, and way better home games. But the fact remains, VT wanted in the ACC for 50 years. It is a more natural fit for VT as far as the rivalries are concerned and the travel. Now that the ACC has added Pitt and Syracuse and looks to have set the foundation for its future, I simply can't see VT leaving (unless FSU or Clemson get an invite and decide to bolt).

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree with you here. While WVU would add another football power to the SEC, it doesn't offer those precious television sets that are so vital when negotiating for new TV contracts. The SEC isn't going to add any more teams just for the sake of expansion. It will only be done if it increases the amount of TV revenue for all teams involved. Otherwise, what's the point?
VT would bring a new state, many, many more TV sets, and that DC market, which would be a major coup for the SEC when renegotiating for a new TV contract. There are way, way, way more VT fans in the DC, Northern Virginia areas than WVU. That's just a fact. It's also no secret VT has been one of the SEC's top targets for expansion.
With that said, I know a lot of VT fans want the SEC because it would mean greater exposure, more money, and way better home games. But the fact remains, VT wanted in the ACC for 50 years. It is a more natural fit for VT as far as the rivalries are concerned and the travel. Now that the ACC has added Pitt and Syracuse and looks to have set the foundation for its future, I simply can't see VT leaving (unless FSU or Clemson get an invite and decide to bolt).

According to 46, Virginia Tech does not want the SEC at all. I agree VT would be a GREAT add and would be better geographically as well. They are very close to a lot of SEC schools and would fit nicely with an ECU-VT combo or VT-NC State (which has been brought up a lot).

I just think that Mike Slive doesn't want to poach the ACC and Virginia Tech hasn't shown any desire to leave the ACC.

BTW, I do like your posts, VTpoop. You are a lot more reasonable then your other fellow VT fan.