• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big 12 needs to add two more schools.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invite BYU and ND cover all the bases.

We (the Big12) may strike a deal with both to play them on the CCG weekend rather than early in the year. I know BYU was on our future schedule and I think ND and Texas are supposed to play as well at some point.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way I see it for the SEC the two states that would hold the most interest for them in order of importance (due to not having a presence) are the following:

North Carolina - However there is almost no chance of this happening if the ACC does not fold.
Virgina - Same thing as NC.
Oklahoma - Can't happen unless the Big 12 does not fold.
Kansas - Same as OK.

There just isn't any other states that make sense so that being the case we are looking at the ACC or the Big 12 folding in order to accomplish this.

If it is the ACC then the B1G gains because they can go after Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and meet both their academic qualifications and geographic targets. The problem is the NC schools would fight this with everything they had and you are going to see schools get left out in the cold.

If the Big 12 folds it makes geographic sense for the majority to merge with the SEC and many of the left overs head to the PAC since they really need additional time zone programing and geographic spread for their network.

Since no one is ever happy in the Big 12 and all it takes are Texas and Oklahoma to agree and its done then that is the course of less resistance. The SEC gains big time and the PAC comes in a close second but it screws the B1G (which I think everyone would secretly like). As for the ACC they will be happy to have stability and ND would be forced to join them as full member or get left out completely (yes this can and would happen).

Seems to me the Big 12 folding would be the best option but I'll gladly take the ACC folding and go hard after (and I think we get them):

North Carolina
Duke

Virginia Tech
Notre Dame
FSU
Clemson

B1G I see getting:

Virginia
Georgia Tech
Wake Forest
Boston College
Syracuse
Pitt

That would leave for the Big 12:

Miami
Louisville
NC State

Then probably:

Cincinnati
Memphis
South Florida
Central Florida
East Carolina
Tulane?
Colorado State?

I honestly don't know who the Big 12 would pick up because all the available teams are going to flock to the SEC, B1G and PAC due to their network packages and revenue sharing agreements.

You Big 12 guys might get pissed at the above but if you are honest you will know I am close to being correct and the best option is for the Big 12 to throw in the towel and for Texas to play ball with a new conference.

Now Texas and Oklahoma might rather go to the PAC which is possible but it is going to be a tough choice.

I do not see that happening. Those are terrible fits with the SEC. FSU and CLemson fit in.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not see that happening. Those are terrible fits with the SEC. FSU and CLemson fit in.

Like Missouri was a "fit" it's about market share and TV sets now.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Missouri was a "fit" it's about market share and TV sets now.
-
Duke and UNC are more about olympic sports. Kind of see them more in the Big 10, than the SEC. Little bit of snobbery there, I am not sure they would want to associate with you slack-jawed yokels.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Duke and UNC are more about olympic sports. Kind of see them more in the Big 10, than the SEC. Little bit of snobbery there, I am not sure they would want to associate with you slack-jawed yokels.

Duke I think will follow UNC and their fanbase would much prefer to be in the SEC than the Big 10 from what I have read.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or move to 16 teams

Big ten
Mizzou(that's where they wanna go anyway)
Iowa State

ACC
West Virgina
Uconn

SEC
Texas
Tx tech
Baylor

Pac
Kansas
kstate
OU
okie light

Good God you are an idiot. Mizzou never wanted to go to the Big Ten. They never tried to get into the Big Ten. Mizzou isn't leaving the SEC, you jealous worthless pile of dung

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the Big XII championship game. OU was always playing Nebraska or Missoui again after already destroying them in the regular season just to do it again. Stupid. Round Robin is better instead of playing teams twice every year.

So I guess you know that NU OU never played in the regular season with a rematch in the CCG, right? :noidea:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or move to 16 teams

Big ten
Mizzou(that's where they wanna go anyway)
Iowa State

ACC
West Virgina
Uconn

SEC
Texas
Tx tech
Baylor

Pac
Kansas
kstate
OU
okie light

OU will never split with Texas

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been an advocate of going to 16-team leagues with 4 divisions each. This would mean

1) You play all three division opponents
2) at least 2 opponents each from the other divisions
3) it leaves room for 3 OOC matchups
4) it would actually preserve more permanent rivalries and you'd have less time off between playing other divisional teams (one or two years instead of six or eight)
5) it could be the first two rounds of an expanded playoff; division A winner vs div C, div B vs div D, those winners play for the conference championship, conference winners play in a 4- or 8- team playoff.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten and the Big 12 prove only one thing. 5/4 of all Americans suck at math.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Ten and the Big 12 prove only one thing. 5/4 of all Americans suck at math.

Ain't no to weighs bout it.

A garasp of tha Merican talk is the skrong spot of this kuntry

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you know that NU OU never played in the regular season with a rematch in the CCG, right? :noidea:

Yeah Sorry, should read Colorado and Missouri. OU beat both those teams big twice each in Big XII title games.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the thread header.....

IMMEDIATELY

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, The B10 needs to add 2 more teams from the B12. Delany needs to take care of this issue himself. Texas and Oklahoma come on down.