• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best news EVER!

mikesphxsuns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phoenix Suns have until August 31 to release Michael Beasley and it won't take that long. The troubled former number 2 overall pick has worn out his welcome in the Valley of the Sun and will soon be shown the door.

The move will likely come sometime in the next week after the Suns have done their due diligence and checked all the facts regarding his arrest for possession of marijuana in Scottsdale earlier this week. But make no mistake about it he will never play for the Suns again.

The sad part about it and trust me I don't feel sorry for that bum Beasley but the Suns organization went above and beyond to help him get his life and career on track. They hired him a life coach last season got him mentoring and counseling. They put a tremendous amount of time and effort into helping him and Beasley just basically spat in their face.

It's not surprising though. Beasley is among the lowest character athletes Phoenix has ever had. He was a high risk when they signed him and the Suns and former GM Lance Blanks are certainly to blame for taking a chance on someone of such low character. They thought they could help him and they were wrong.

:clap::yahoo:

ps: not me credit to http://SportsHoopla.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=262104

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Lon Babby more than Blanks for the Beasley signing. Babby was constantly spouting about how Beasley was a "long term project" for the Suns. The team dedicated way too many resources to him.

mikesphxsuns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i can kinda see where they were going, the talent is there, hes a good player, hes just an idiot

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never excited about it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good we don't need him around Bledsoe and Goodwin I think Dragic is ready to mentor those 2 guards.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i can kinda see where they were going, the talent is there, hes a good player, hes just an idiot

Just for the sake of it, I'll repeat what I wrote in the other thread about Beasley. After watching him more consistently and closely with the Suns, I don't even see much in the way of talent, by NBA standards. At best, Beasley is a sometime scorer off the bench who lacks overall efficiency, but can win a game for you when he's hot. However, he heats up so infrequently there there was little reason to take a risk on his character.

But before I repeat what I wrote in the other thread, I certainly concur about Beasley's mind. What's sad is that he's been in the NBA for four years and he's twenty-four, so one would have hoped that he'd have seen the light by now. What becomes obvious is that he wasn't just an immature young man who could easily come around with a little experience and guidance, but someone with deeper issues, including possible drug addiction. At most, the Suns should have given him a one-year contract for the minimum amount of money possible, and if someone else signed him instead, so be it. Beasley constitutes a classic example of a player who must be treated with a proverbial carrot-and-stick approach. If you just give him the carrots, rather than dangling them, and remove the stick (or remove the appearance of a stick), then you shouldn't be surprised when he weakens your team, sullies your organization, and endangers both himself and the citizens of your community.

The irony, to me, is that I don't even consider Beasley that talented. He's not especially athletic and he's unable to shake opposing small forwards in one-on-one situations, yet he lacks the size and strength to match up with power forwards. He can find a hot streak as a shooter and slashing scorer when running off down-screens (like in that big win over the Lakers), but he's an extremely streaky and inefficient scorer (career True Shooting Percentage of .504, which is bad enough for a guard, horrendous for a forward) whose modest passing skill is negated by his poor decision-making (career assists-to-turnover ratio of 0.74:1.00). Beasley is basically an inefficient, long two-point jump-shooter who forces shots, struggles to play within the flow, and exercises atrocious discipline and judgment off the court.

I just feel badly for Norm Nixon, for how Beasley made a fool of Nixon, or made Nixon seem like a fool. Remember this?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...e-success.html

And inking Beasley to a multi-year contract at a time when Steve Nash was departing proved especially obtuse. Nothing against Dragic, but if you're going to get any of your money's worth from Beasley, you need a point guard such as Nash or Kevin Johnson who can basically do all the work, ruin a defense, and create the easiest conceivable opportunities. Obviously, there haven't been many of those guys in NBA history (no, not even Jason Kidd), but the point is that without a point guard who maximizes the efficiency of his teammates, you have to be especially efficient in how you spend your money. Throwing $18M at Michael Beasley without that point guard just suggests a certain dimness.

Last edited by a moderator: