• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The beauty of our season opener being on Monday night

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We get to see what at least two of our division rivals look like coming out of the gates.
2. We get to watch teams like Seadderall and the 49ers, and more importantly get to see how teams are trying to defend against the more mobile QB's.

While number 1 is important, I think #2 is going to be key in how we prepare going forward from week one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We get to see what at least two of our division rivals look like coming out of the gates.
2. We get to watch teams like Seadderall and the 49ers, and more importantly get to see how teams are trying to defend against the more mobile QB's.

While number 1 is important, I think #2 is going to be key in how we prepare going forward from week one.

yep and its an extra day to prep for philly and that uptempo offense

our conditioning on defense will be tested there

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep and its an extra day to prep for philly and that uptempo offense

our conditioning on defense will be tested there

That's the main reason why I am kinda nervous about the Eagles; why because with their up tempo offense they might not let our defense substitute and our defense might get tired out, you are right skinsdad our conditioning on defense will be tested.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins and Eagles if going to be an interesting game. I can't wait for the pre season to see what Kellys offense will look like.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins and Eagles if going to be an interesting game. I can't wait for the pre season to see what Kellys offense will look like.
I'm hoping Kelly is as dumb as spurrier was showing the entire offense in preseason. Wishful thinking I know!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Kelly is as dumb as spurrier was showing the entire offense in preseason. Wishful thinking I know!

Never know. Kelly does seem kind of arrogant seeing as how he had been warned quite few times about trying to skirt the rules in College. And yet he did it any way and left that program screwt for a while in the process. IM not overly worried about the offense in Philly because they are also changing defenses. Alot of change in a short period of time usually leads to chaos early on. I think we win that game, but not in a dominant fashion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know. Kelly does seem kind of arrogant seeing as how he had been warned quite few times about trying to skirt the rules in College. And yet he did it any way and left that program screwt for a while in the process. IM not overly worried about the offense in Philly because they are also changing defenses. Alot of change in a short period of time usually leads to chaos early on. I think we win that game, but not in a dominant fashion.

conditioning will be key . also we will need some long time consuming drives to rest our defense

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conditioning will be key . also we will need some long time consuming drives to rest our defense

Maybe its just the dawg in me. But I think our defense comes out gang busters and makes Chip Kellys "uptempo" offense look like the fun N gun when the games mattered. Alot of shifting and moving, with little results. I think the only person in the redskins locker room with a chip bigger than RG3 is the defense as a whole. And i think Old man London is going to have these boys ready to eat their own young and ask for seconds come week one. Not to mention Rak seems to be on a mission this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its just the dawg in me. But I think our defense comes out gang busters and makes Chip Kellys "uptempo" offense look like the fun N gun when the games mattered. Alot of shifting and moving, with little results. I think the only person in the redskins locker room with a chip bigger than RG3 is the defense as a whole. And i think Old man London is going to have these boys ready to eat their own young and ask for seconds come week one. Not to mention Rak seems to be on a mission this year.

that aggression can be used against us . they have the read option play too just saying

but i think we should win :hungry:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that aggression can be used against us . they have the read option play too just saying

but i think we should win :hungry:
im guessing our d may have seen that before. along with a mobile qb.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be alone here, but the Philly game concerns me. Their offense is FAST and we just don't know what to expect. Vick has always given us trouble, McCoy is the real deal if used correctly and Jackson can burn you at any time. It's the type of game that can jump up and grab ya. We should handle them easily, but I just have this nagging doubt in the back of my mind that we get surprised. I wont be surprised if its a shoot out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelly is a total wildcard. He could work out great or be a complete bust. That has been the case with college coaches in the past. For every Harbough there is a Spurrier type. Also - unlike most coaches in this situation - Kelly has no NFL experience which perhaps could be a plus or a minus. Having said that - I would expect the Eagles to have problems early on with the new system & hopefully the Redskins can take advantage of that (might be a different story later in the season).

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be alone here, but the Philly game concerns me. Their offense is FAST and we just don't know what to expect. Vick has always given us trouble, McCoy is the real deal if used correctly and Jackson can burn you at any time. It's the type of game that can jump up and grab ya. We should handle them easily, but I just have this nagging doubt in the back of my mind that we get surprised. I wont be surprised if its a shoot out.

Agree with what your saying....about McCoy..jackson..etc...but as far as this game grabbing us...I dont see it...this ISNT the same team that thinks it will win an easy one....This is a team with good leaders on both sides of the ball...and....most importantly ......We have a Viable offense with a HIGH quality Starting QB...that can make all the throws...that is smart.....that is........Looking to prove to the league he is back......Skins WILL win this game....

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with what your saying....about McCoy..jackson..etc...but as far as this game grabbing us...I dont see it...this ISNT the same team that thinks it will win an easy one....This is a team with good leaders on both sides of the ball...and....most importantly ......We have a Viable offense with a HIGH quality Starting QB...that can make all the throws...that is smart.....that is........Looking to prove to the league he is back......Skins WILL win this game....

I agree with everything you are saying.....still I worry. Mainly because we just don't know what to expect. Wish we weren't playing them opening game.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can definitely be a trap game. Lose to a team you are supposed to beat to start the season and it sets a bad tone.
I definitely expect a win. They're in transition and missing some pieces defensively especially. Think they may be a bigger threat at the end of the season than in the beginning.

Will be interesting to see who their QB will be.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can definitely be a trap game. Lose to a team you are supposed to beat to start the season and it sets a bad tone.
I definitely expect a win. They're in transition and missing some pieces defensively especially. Think they may be a bigger threat at the end of the season than in the beginning.

Will be interesting to see who their QB will be.

I know what you mean about trap game....we used to lose those all the time....but.......we now have a Good QB....that wont allow the team to get beaten by a lesser team...he proved it last year.......we are the better team, have a better defense this year.....we WILL win this game......

the times of us losing games we should win are thankfully over!!!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vick throws a bomb to jackson for a td the first play of the game. well guys, we can only go up from there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean about trap game....we used to lose those all the time....but.......we now have a Good QB....that wont allow the team to get beaten by a lesser team...he proved it last year.......we are the better team, have a better defense this year.....we WILL win this game......

the times of us losing games we should win are thankfully over!!!

i dont think this is a trap game . i think its a "you dont know what you get " game and it could suprise us :whistle: