• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears preseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured it's time to move past the offseason thread now that camp is officially under tow. I think this article is a nice way to get the ball rolling:

Jenkins is arguably the most important figure on the OL, if for no other reason than he's playing in his walk year. Hardly a surprise that he's "investing" in his body, considering he has yet to play a full season. If he wants that mega contract next year, then no question he'll need to put in a full season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. When healthy, he is great. When.
That's the reason I thought starting the new thread with him as the focal point was the best way to begin it. Like you said, when healthy he's arguably our best OL, altho I think it's just a matter of a year, two tops that Wright establishes himself as the big dawg on the line.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the reason I thought starting the new thread with him as the focal point was the best way to begin it. Like you said, when healthy he's arguably our best OL, altho I think it's just a matter of a year, two tops that Wright establishes himself as the big dawg on the line.
From what I've read, the O line leader in the locker room is Bates. Some discussion has been over moving him to RG from Center if Davis doesn't put it together this preseason. Then let the other center, Shelton, take over the hiking duties.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins needs to prove he can do it a full season this year or we should let him walk.

Other preseason stories to keep an eye on

1. The growth of Gervon Dexter. He lost a lot of weight in the offseason and he might be in the mix on the edge opposite of Sweat on some downs. If he can get pressure consistently as the 3T, this defense will be special.

2. The growth of this secondary. We know what we have in Jaylon Johnson, but Stephenson, Brisker, and Gordon all still have a lot of room to grow. This secondary could be special. We might have 2 shut down corners paired with quality safeties.

3. Caleb Williams to Rome Odunze - I think these two are going to have a connection out of the gate. I would not be surprised if Rome Odunze is our leading receiver this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the old saying goes, when you have two starters at a given position, you have none:

I'm overall a huge fan of what Poles has accomplished in his short period as the Bears GM. Aside from the Chase Claypool fiasco, I've been pretty happy with what he's done to overhaul this roster. But he's had two years of numerous opportunities to land us a true starting center, either via free agency or the draft. These past two offseasons have offered a bunch of each, but for whatever reasons, he's opted not to chase either option. I'm holding off on grading who he has acquired, but one or both of our 'co-centers' will have to really impress in my book.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Caleb Williams to Rome Odunze - I think these two are going to have a connection out of the gate. I would not be surprised if Rome Odunze is our leading receiver this yeyear.

I was listening to xm fantasy radio yesterday. A Bears beat reporter was saying Williams go to appears to be DJ, to this point. If Odunze is as advertised, Keenan might end up a 1 year rental. Time will tell, but boy, what a difference 1 year makes in the WR room.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to xm fantasy radio yesterday. A Bears beat reporter was saying Williams go to appears to be DJ, to this point. If Odunze is as advertised, Keenan might end up a 1 year rental. Time will tell, but boy, what a difference 1 year makes in the WR room.
So far, early on at least, Tyler Scott is another go-to for Williams. I really want him to step up because after our big 3 of DJ, Keenan, & Rome, there's a pretty steep dropoff in talent. Tyler is a true speed burner, but he must be able to haul in those deep passes. If he can nail down the 4th spot, our WR room will be stupid good.