• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Batman (2022)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I have reserved judgement. While Bale had the best movies, Keaton was by far the best Batman. I can’t see Pattinson as Batman but he can’t be any worse than Clooney or Kilmer.
I didn’t mind Kilmer too much. That movie hasn’t aged well at all as I like it less and less the older I get. Only thing that I don’t get is with Kilmer, is how did anyone not make the connection between Batman and Bruce Wayne with that mole on his face that was visible with the mask.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I have reserved judgement. While Bale had the best movies, Keaton was by far the best Batman. I can’t see Pattinson as Batman but he can’t be any worse than Clooney or Kilmer.
I actually thought Afleck wasn’t bad. but the movies were such trash, he was buried in refuse.

I can’t picture Pattinson as the Dark Knight, but I will give him a chance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm Vengeance?" Really?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV spot:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trailer looks really uninspiring lol.... Pattinson doesn't seem that bad, but why the huge push on Selina Kyle 24/7? Dano as the Riddler is barely even shown.... I have absolutely ZERO idea what the plot, villain or story is based on the trailer... just a bunch of "OOOH LOOK AT OUR EFFECTS BATMAN!" stuff...

Guess I'll reserve judgment until the movie but I'll give the trailer a low rating... it did NOTHING to amp me up for the movie. If anything kind of made me do a "Eh whatever I'll watch it months after release when it's pirated."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Afleck wasn’t bad. but the movies were such trash, he was buried in refuse.

I can’t picture Pattinson as the Dark Knight, but I will give him a chance.
Eh, I can see people not hating the Affleck version but I think that is mostly lowered expectations. But that is kind of DC movies. If you wait a couple weeks and listen to all the bad reviews then you watch them and they aren’t that bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I can see people not hating the Affleck version but I think that is mostly lowered expectations. But that is kind of DC movies. If you wait a couple weeks and listen to all the bad reviews then you watch them and they aren’t that bad.
Cant argue with anything said here. Affleck being “good” is compared to the complaints he gets. He doesn’t compare to Keaton or Bale, obviously.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has been done in other threads through the years, but…

Bale
Keaton
West (he did great for what the roll called for at the time)
Affleck
Clooney
Kilmer

Not going to rank Conroy or Glen. They are both too different from the above.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bale
Keaton
Affleck
Clooney
Kilmer

No problem with the top three but I’d put Kilmer fourth, Affleck fifth and Clooney at the bottom.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bale
Keaton
Affleck
Clooney
Kilmer

I would flip Keaton and Bale, then agree with the rest. But my list also based on which Joker you like, Ledger or Nicholson.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bale
Keaton
Affleck
Clooney
Kilmer

Doin’ my boy Kilmer dirty… Batman Forever was great. Maybe that’s just my nostalgia talking as BF was my first Batman movie, but still. I think it’s great. Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones may have hammed it up a bit, but I’ll always enjoy it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doin’ my boy Kilmer dirty… Batman Forever was great. Maybe that’s just my nostalgia talking as BF was my first Batman movie, but still. I think it’s great. Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones may have hammed it up a bit, but I’ll always enjoy it.
Kilmer himself has dogged the movie and his performance. He grew to really regret signing on while he was doing it, and it showed in his performance.

it may not have been his fault, but the final product was still garbage.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would flip Keaton and Bale, then agree with the rest. But my list also based on which Joker you like, Ledger or Nicholson.
Cant argue with that. I liked Bale, even with his really bad “Batman voice” best, but Keaton was part of opening comic books to movies, and bringing a somewhat serious take to the character that West made almost impossible.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilmer himself has dogged the movie and his performance. He grew to really regret signing on while he was doing it, and it showed in his performance.

it may not have been his fault, but the final product was still garbage.

Don’t care. I love Kilmer’s portrayal of the Caped Crusader as much as I love his portrayal of Doc Holliday.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude that movie was terrible lol... it wasn't Batman and Robin terrible, but like a funny kind of terrible.

Jim Carrey was outrageously over the top... Tommy Lee Jones was trying to out-do Jim Carrey as he hates him (he's said that and meant it lol).... and that dork playing Robin (Chris... Donnelly? Chris... OD....... eh whatever, we don't care) was pathetically laughable. "HOLY RUSTED METAL BATMAN!" "HUH!?" And then Nicole Kidman basically being a nymphomaniac, not that there's anything wrong with that....

Kilmer was FORGETTABLE in that movie... every other actor out-did him... and I'm not saying that was a good thing... but every other actor was so ridiculous or horribly stupid that Kilmer never stood a chance. He's the LAST person I think of playing Batman... even Clooney went full derp to cheese alongside his stupid cast.

"Batman Forever was great" (megalodon30). Dunno what you ate last evening/this morning off the ocean floor but you're likely beyond repair.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude that movie was terrible lol... it wasn't Batman and Robin terrible, but like a funny kind of terrible.

Jim Carrey was outrageously over the top... Tommy Lee Jones was trying to out-do Jim Carrey as he hates him (he's said that and meant it lol).... and that dork playing Robin (Chris... Donnelly? Chris... OD....... eh whatever, we don't care) was pathetically laughable. "HOLY RUSTED METAL BATMAN!" "HUH!?" And then Nicole Kidman basically being a nymphomaniac, not that there's anything wrong with that....

Kilmer was FORGETTABLE in that movie... every other actor out-did him... and I'm not saying that was a good thing... but every other actor was so ridiculous or horribly stupid that Kilmer never stood a chance. He's the LAST person I think of playing Batman... even Clooney went full derp to cheese alongside his stupid cast.

"Batman Forever was great" (megalodon30). Dunno what you ate last evening/this morning off the ocean floor but you're likely beyond repair.

Don’t care. That movie is great. May watch it this morning just to spite everyone that hates it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t care. That movie is great. May watch it this morning just to spite everyone that hates it.

giphy.gif