• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "3" is back ...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cheerios paint job is nice. Don't really care for the Dow look

Yogisd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell cares!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some troll looking to make an impact by getting his dumb ass banned because he has nothing to contribute but his ignorance!!!!

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me to see the #3 win the Daytona 500. Should be fun to watch this year.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it was going to come back... at least its Richard Childress's Grandson... and he won the pole for the 500 this Sunday:suds:

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you, I had rather the 3 be left with Dale Earnhardt Sr. And I don't care if the number is owned by Richard Childress.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you, I had rather the 3 be left with Dale Earnhardt Sr. And I don't care if the number is owned by Richard Childress.
technically RC never owned the #.
Nascar owns the # & give out the # to those that pay for it.
Now if a # isnt used, the last owner to have the # can keep it unused for a year. But the following year it is technically back in the pot of unused #'s for anyone to claim. However when a different team wants to use a unused #. Nascar will go back to the team that previously used the # & tell them another team wants to take the # & gives the 1st team the 1st rights if you will to use that # the coming year.
This is why Danica could not take the #7 from Robby Gordon, even though he wasnt racing that year.
Also as another example.
When Richard Petty retired, no one used the # 43 the following year. They changed the car # of the Richard Petty owned car. But the following year, they had to put the 43 back on the car, because someone wanted to claim the # & Richard Petty didnt want some other team using his #. So the 43 went back on the RPM car.

Another example. When Tony Stewart joined up to form SHR, Tony wantd the #4 (for Ryans car) to go with his #14. Morgan McClure he last used the #4 was informed. So technically if MMM wanted to keep the rights to the # they had to use it that coming year. Well Morgan McClure was in no position to use the # that year but didnt want to lose the # (should be noted he never camer back to cup anyways) So he started to raise a big stink about it, When Nascar said Tony would be given the # if MMM wasnt gonna use it that year. So Tony could have taken the # from Morgan McClure but didnt want the drama. So they used an old # from Ryans past racing career #39 instead. So Morgan McClure could use the #4 when he came back to racing. Which he never did.

So honestly anyone could have attempted to claim the #3 in the last decade or so. Which would have forced Richard Childress to use the # by that year. I think no one tried to claim it out of respect & besides who would want that circus swirlling around your team, if you are not related to Earnhardt or Childress.

Bottomline. Childress actually doesnt own the #3. Nascar does.