• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 3&1 NBA Decades Draft Play-In 5 : Milk vs Stoke

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more egregious edges he had also was Iguodala over Ginobili, and I'm a huge Iguodala fan, seeing how important he is to the Warriors success. Ginobili is arguably a top 10 SG of all time, IMO.

His assessment matching up the two discounts how good Ginobili actually was on the court. He mentions that Iguodala's highest scoring out put is just over Ginobili's but didn't mention that Ginobili's came as a backup. In the 3 years he started more games than he came off the bench, two of them he made the All-star teams (2005 and 2011). That's 6 years in between all-star games. He didn't magically just get better in 2011, he was consistently the same player all those years in between. If he had been a starter he's easily a 7-8 time all-star over the course of his career.

Ginobili also made an All-NBA team as a BENCH PLAYER. Think about that. That's absurd. He also didn't even make the all-star team in that year either. Stoke used per 36 numbers in a lot of matchups, but didn't do so here. If you took both players per 36 numbers and match them up, Ginobili's is far and away better.

Ginobili is far and away the superior player to Iguodala.

but they are close enough that you expect someone selling his team would give his player the advantage...

If you are going to write a novel, then you are going to sell your team... You will POINT OUT every weakness the other team has and say that your players would take advantage of it...

For example, His Q4 has no scorers other than Bryant, mine has much better scorers... But somehow his defense is going to stop my offense so much that it will make Kobe Bryant Unstoppable...

Also, if you look at each quarter who gets the advantage, you see how he gives his advantages MUCH bigger than mine...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked past this one figuring he really didn't see Manu play a lot. One of the greatest effort players I've ever seen.

He was also a really underrated defensive player. He wouldn't be a guy you'd consider a stopper, but he was really cerebral and played his position well, anticipated well and generally gave great effort. He's much like Klay Thompson right now in that aspect. The metrics may not jump out at you and he may not get the accolade recognition, but you know it when you see it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they are close enough that you expect someone selling his team would give his player the advantage...

If you are going to write a novel, then you are going to sell your team... You will POINT OUT every weakness the other team has and say that your players would take advantage of it...

For example, His Q4 has no scorers other than Bryant, mine has much better scorers... But somehow his defense is going to stop my offense so much that it will make Kobe Bryant Unstoppable...

Also, if you look at each quarter who gets the advantage, you see how he gives his advantages MUCH bigger than mine...

Absolutely, I'm guilty of it to. So I'm not bashing Stoke for it. Rather, I'm just engaging in my difference of opinion. Stoke went through tremendous effort obviously to break this down and I definitely appreciate it as a basketball fan. But certain things stick out to me more, because I'm just more invested in basketball than any other sport.

@blstoker gave great insight from his perspective why he thought he had edges at certain positions. I'm not faulting him for it, I just disagree.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also a really underrated defensive player. He wouldn't be a guy you'd consider a stopper, but he was really cerebral and played his position well, anticipated well and generally gave great effort. He's much like Klay Thompson right now in that aspect. The metrics may not jump out at you and he may not get the accolade recognition, but you know it when you see it.

I've lived in San Antonio for his entire career, when he first started playing I hated him but I ended up liking him quite a bit and he is a God in this town.