• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 Season kicks off at home against NL champs PHI: Cheesesteaks V BBQ at the Grill 3/30 - 4/2

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bochy’s first 3 innings… not feeling so good. Next 15 innings… feeling great!

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this post, the Rangers have scored more runs than the entire AL Central combined.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s early
But I’m liking the offense so far

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite the AAA debut. Bit it was 6 strikeouts.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential is there. I'm encouraged too.
Agree. And droughts will come. But after the 1st game there had already been way too much knee jerking. I for one am more excited about this year than I have been in years and a lot of it has to do with having a top tier manager. We just need to enjoy the ride a little more and see how the season progresses.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy on the sideline with tricks up his sleeve.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed watching the highlight clip of this last game. The comment section was loaded with Mets and Braves fans thanking us for kicking the Phillies ass.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays RF is key. Robbie had a tough go of it fielding last game

He sure had a rough game yesterday they're lucky the OF alignment the last couple days hasn't bit them in the ass. Garcia needs to be in RF and Bubba can play CF just as well if not better than Garcia. I realize Bubba's bat leaves a lot to be desired but as long as he plays good "D", gets on base and creates havoc I can deal with that until a better solution is found...

Shifting guys all around the OF can mess them up because the different fields play differently, I know I played them all and hated RF because the hook can be really bad when the wind is blowing left to right. I had the arm to play it put preferred CF where the ball plays a lot truer off the bat and I could cover a lot of ground and enjoyed doing it...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should jung be hitting 5th? I’d argue he’s a bit unproven at the major league level.

I’d hit him 7th or 8th in this lineup.

Batting 5th he has 2 quality bats (so far) behind him, bat him lower and that protection goes away. He's still has to get used to the quality of pitching and he's still not comfortable being in the bigs yet it seems, give him some time...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure had a rough game yesterday they're lucky the OF alignment the last couple days hasn't bit them in the ass. Garcia needs to be in RF and Bubba can play CF just as well if not better than Garcia. I realize Bubba's bat leaves a lot to be desired but as long as he plays good "D", gets on base and creates havoc I can deal with that until a better solution is found...

Shifting guys all around the OF can mess them up because the different fields play differently, I know I played them all and hated RF because the hook can be really bad when the wind is blowing left to right. I had the arm to play it put preferred CF where the ball plays a lot truer off the bat and I could cover a lot of ground and enjoyed doing it...
I may be wrong but Grossman appears to slow to be playing anywhere but LF and even then Smith will be better.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong but Grossman appears to slow to be playing anywhere but LF and even then Smith will be better.

I don't disagree with that but obviously the team wants Grossman's experience and bat in LF/RF, at least for the moment. If or when his ABs deteriorate or Josh's production gets better he's going to be there at least thru the 6th/7th inning on a regular basis (unless we end up with a AAA rotation again)...

The team has some mismatched pieces to sort thru right now and some of them should be getting more experience doing what they want them to do. I'm not there watching warmups/drills but those guys should be getting in their reps in the OF to gain more experience if they plan on using them out there. Just shagging flies in batting practice would help them gain some confidence and be able to better judge the ball along with a coach to help them with positioning/route running...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking today they have Duran in RF and Grossman in LF. Even so though the sun Robbie does not seem a fit in RF. But yeah I like live with Bubba in CF and nat him nine
Our OF defense has cost us runs. Surprisingly Lowe has played better defense

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking today they have Duran in RF and Grossman in LF. Even so though the sun Robbie does not seem a fit in RF. But yeah I like live with Bubba in CF and nat him nine

I got to looking at Durans defensive stats and lately it seems as if when he's playing up the middle his stats are better than they are at 3B/LF. You have to wonder if he has issues picking up the ball when he's at an angle like that??? :puzzled:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Garver is catching, instead of Miller DHing, have Grossman DH and Smith, Duran and Garcia in OF. That would keep Grossman's bat in the line-up and Josh and Duran time in development without losing much if any punch.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to looking at Durans defensive stats and lately it seems as if when he's playing up the middle his stats are better than they are at 3B/LF. You have to wonder if he has issues picking up the ball when he's at an angle like that??? :puzzled:
Well the sun surely was an issue for Grossman but his speed was as well. So Duran has better speed and arm. The issue is being used to pick up the. All and have of good routes. I want more speed in CF and a bigger arm in RF.
So yeah I have not watched him RF enough to know whether the throw from that side is unnatural for him
Long term Garcia is best in RF but we are trying to win games now