• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The #17 pick got real interesting

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 Prime RBs in this draft, 4 if you count McCaffery. Three of them will go in the first round. Fournette, Cook and McCaferry. And I dont see Mixon getting past the 10-12th pick in the second round. Again all these guys you named could be GOOD, but most will end up being a part of a RB by committee.... Im tired of seeing us try to do that, because most of the time we just end up abandoning the run game. I want a RB that teams respect.. no fuck that I want a RB that teams fear. We havent had that since 2013, and if we had a QB capable of getting things done when we had that, I think we would have been a much better team. Now we have the QB, if we take that RB even with the first.. I will be ok with that.

No, there are 3 or 4 prime RB PROSPECTS in this draft. Cook, Fournette, and Mixon can bust just like anybody else.

Similarly, those RBs I named might end up guys that defenses respect and fear.

And of course I want that too. And if you want that your best shot is to take one of the best prospects. But that doesnt mean its worth it or smart.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there are 3 or 4 prime RB PROSPECTS in this draft. Cook, Fournette, and Mixon can bust just like anybody else.

Similarly, those RBs I named might end up guys that defenses respect and fear.

And of course I want that too. And if you want that your best shot is to take one of the best prospects. But that doesnt mean its worth it or smart.

SO let me ask you... .week one, we run out Rob Kelly and 3 WR

Or Week One we run out Dalvin Cook and 3 WR

Which player group do you think the defense respects more?? Which group do you think gives us more realistic flexibility?? Now Granted Cook could bust. But I also have to ask, do you really think we would abandon the run with a first round pick?? Because I know we will drop that shit like its hot with a later round back if it aint working in the first 5-10 carries.. we have seen that far too often.

We need to invest in the position if we want to improve at the position. Im not saying force the pick, but I do think at the end of the day Cook will be a better player and more valuable than most of the defensive players I see the board drooling over. And again I dont think Cook will be there at 17, but if he is and we take him.. we should be so lucky.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO let me ask you... .week one, we run out Rob Kelly and 3 WR

Or Week One we run out Dalvin Cook and 3 WR

Which player group do you think the defense respects more?? Which group do you think gives us more realistic flexibility?? Now Granted Cook could bust. But I also have to ask, do you really think we would abandon the run with a first round pick?? Because I know we will drop that shit like its hot with a later round back if it aint working in the first 5-10 carries.. we have seen that far too often.

We need to invest in the position if we want to improve at the position. Im not saying force the pick, but I do think at the end of the day Cook will be a better player and more valuable than most of the defensive players I see the board drooling over. And again I dont think Cook will be there at 17, but if he is and we take him.. we should be so lucky.

Oh come on shark. You and I both know that's a stupid question. Of course we'd both rather have cook out there. Just like we'd both rather have Malik McDowell out there then we would Ionnaidis.

Here's the deal: neither of us knows who's gonna bust and who's gonna be a star. But a star DLman is worth way more than a star RB. I know you think the defensive prospects are flawed but Cook is flawed too. There will be other players available when we pick and they will be good prospects too.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE ARE GOING TO DRAFT BRANTLY,LAMB, REDDICK WITH THE 17 PICK

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't really fear a RB unless they are a match up problem in the pass game.

Is NE too pass heavy? Do teams fear Blount?

Morris was never good. He was created by the illusion of RG3.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stud that we can use will be there at 17. We will have some options. The talking heads say this is a deep draft defensively, not so much offensively, so it would make more sense to go offense at 17 unless someone really good calls to us (one of the ILBs or DBs). I don't see Foster, Reddick, or Hooker falling that far.

I like Sharks idea of trading back a few spots if we can, getting another pick, and taking Cook in the early 20s. I watched him in the ACC a lot. The guy just straight up ran over teams. He would make our Offense more dynamic/balanced and would keep our Defense off the field.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cook will be there into the 20s.
I think he will be around 1000 and 5 TDs if he is overused. He isn't Zeke.

Henry had an overpriced RB ahead.of him and he outperformed him.

Huh? How in the world do you figure that Henry outperformed Murray? They both had similar YPC but Murray had 2 1/2 x as many yards & overall did well in the pass game & in amt of TDs. I am not talking about the Murray from the Eagles - just the one who played for the Titans & did very well. You are portraying him as if he was some type of disappointment last season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman and hunt are 2 backs who kick ass

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? How in the world do you figure that Henry outperformed Murray? They both had similar YPC but Murray had 2 1/2 x as many yards & overall did well in the pass game & in amt of TDs. I am not talking about the Murray from the Eagles - just the one who played for the Titans & did very well. You are portraying him as if he was some type of disappointment last season.

Murray was good last year but as the season wore on, his age showed.

Henry was very impressive and that was without the benefit of late game runs while in a groove.

I loved Murray last season because he carried my fantasy team along with Melvin Gordon. I am glad he carried the load but every time Henry carried the ball I hoped Murray would be allowed back in.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray was good last year but as the season wore on, his age showed.

Henry was very impressive and that was without the benefit of late game runs while in a groove.

I loved Murray last season because he carried my fantasy team along with Melvin Gordon. I am glad he carried the load but every time Henry carried the ball I hoped Murray would be allowed back in.

Hopefully a problem that the Redskins have next season - would love to see the current backs viewed more as relief for some stud RB gaining 1200+ yds. Would be nice & might happen.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't mind either way. Honestly, 1,000 yards isn't impressive at all. I think Fat Rob can do that easily. I am also surprised nobody mentioned Mack Brown.

I do think we will draft a RB in the first three rounds. I am hoping it isn't round 1.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if 49 turns out to be one of the Florida corners. (Wilson, Tabor) They tried to bring in Butler, Breeland's contract is up soon and our new DB coach is a Gator.

I could see
RB@1 Cook, McCaffrey
CB@2 Wilson, Tabor
NT@3 Adams

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if 49 turns out to be one of the Florida corners. (Wilson, Tabor) They tried to bring in Butler, Breeland's contract is up soon and our new DB coach is a Gator.

I could see
RB@1 Cook, McCaffrey
CB@2 Wilson, Tabor
NT@3 Adams

Tabor is slow 4.62 forty that is pretty pathetic even more pathetic he ran a 4.75 at his pro day

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see
RB@1 Cook, McCaffrey
CB@2 Wilson, Tabor
NT@3 Adams

If we did this, i foresee a large and persistent amount of hitching to follow post hast. Not from me mind you because i think rb is a real need and i think the drop off from a first round to a third round rb is like going from Johnson to Jones.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. I think Wilson is a real.possibility though. Gruden gets his back. Tomsula hand picked his lineman. Munusky got his pro bowl MLB, gotta think Gray will attempt to sway Bruce to bring in one of his guys to play nickel or even compete with Breeland.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did this, i foresee a large and persistent amount of hitching to follow post hast. Not from me mind you because i think rb is a real need and i think the drop off from a first round to a third round rb is like going from Johnson to Jones.

I'm not married to RB, but in all honesty it makes the most sense right now. There is no NT at 17 that is going to set the world on fire. There is no way Gruden let's this team go OG again. This leaves RB, DE if you slide McGee inside or LB. Just signed Brown, but who knows.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I could live with at 17:

Cook
McCaffrey
Mixon
Brantley
Reddick
Foster....if there

I like Taco and McDowell, but would like them more at say 24 and not 17.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry was the backup. I think Fournett and Cook are better. As for McCaffery, I think he will be good, but I also think he ends up being more of a McCoy type back that a true workhorse back.
Lol, and McCoy is not a workhorse? Dude was unbelievable last year in friggin Buffalo.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not married to RB, but in all honesty it makes the most sense right now. There is no NT at 17 that is going to set the world on fire. There is no way Gruden let's this team go OG again. This leaves RB, DE if you slide McGee inside or LB. Just signed Brown, but who knows.
Having signed Brown to a 1 year deal and other areas that have been addressed, I still feel like Reddick at #17 is a no brainer. RB in round #2.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry had better players ahead of him as a Freshman and Sophomore.

I am simply saying Cook isn't going to be as good as you seem to think.
And you know this how?