• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The “I Really Want Kirk Cousins” Thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end game would be hopefully hit on a QB at #5 that isn't a bust and allow him some time to develop with Keenum here.

Keenum is WAY different than Sanchez. Keenum has had success, Sanchez has not. Sanchez a turnover machine, backup QB when we obtained him. Keenum coming off just 7 int's and won a starting job due to good play. Keenum much better stop gap then Sanchez. Keenum worked his way up. Sanchez worked his way up. It has to be on a good deal though. Keenum could get other sneaky offers after his season last year.

I think the entire point of the comment is that if we don't get Cousins we are going to have to roll with Plan B, and Plan B looks like it also includes draft a QB at #5.

Like I have said sine the offseason. Its either Cousins an no QB at 5, or another QB and a QB at #5.

Who else besides Cousins would not warrant us drafting a QB at #5?

Ryan Tannehill might be on the market soon too, FYI.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end game would be hopefully hit on a QB at #5 that isn't a bust and allow him some time to develop with Keenum here.

Keenum is WAY different than Sanchez. Keenum has had success, Sanchez has not. Sanchez a turnover machine, backup QB when we obtained him. Keenum coming off just 7 int's and won a starting job due to good play. Keenum much better stop gap then Sanchez. Keenum worked his way up. Sanchez worked his way up. It has to be on a good deal though. Keenum could get other sneaky offers after his season last year.

I think the entire point of the comment is that if we don't get Cousins we are going to have to roll with Plan B, and Plan B looks like it also includes draft a QB at #5.

Like I have said sine the offseason. Its either Cousins an no QB at 5, or another QB and a QB at #5.

Who else besides Cousins would not warrant us drafting a QB at #5?

Ryan Tannehill might be on the market soon too, FYI.

Elway said on NFLRadio last week that he believes you have to play right away and drink from of the fire hose. This was the mistake they made with Lynch.

I mentioned Sanchez not in athletic ability but the fact they signed him because they needed a vet QB and did not have one for OTAs. Same here they need a VET because the draft may not go as designed but on a 5 and 11 team why sit a QB you draft at #5. Doesn't make sense based on what Elway said.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you are putting your eggs in your #5 selected QB, but you have to have a vet QB to push him and help him grown as a QB on and off the field. He needs that. Especially Baker Mayfield is that is the route we go.

My gut tells me Case will be too much money for the Plan B.. It's going to have to be something a bit smaller of a stop gap QB with a QB at #5.

Very unlikely we get Barkley at #5.

Sounds like the Giants are focusing their attention away from QB and are strongly into Barkley and Nelson right now.

Still a ton of time before the draft. Free Agency will really mix things up for the draft.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact you are at the top of the draft you need to take advantage to get a QB if you think the guy is your QBOTF and maybe eat a contract on a FA QB. Luckily the first round is not that cost prohibitive

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact you are at the top of the draft you need to take advantage to get a QB if you think the guy is your QBOTF and maybe eat a contract on a FA QB. Luckily the first round is not that cost prohibitive

Right!

If you don't get Cousins (cause you have to open the bag to get him and are investing in him for the long term) then you really have to go QB at #5 in our situation, IMO.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case Keenum does nothing for me
I don’t think it does anything for the fan base either
Elway is paid to make the “right “decision
He can’t afford to get the QB position wrong this time.
I agree completely, but other than Cousins, there is really nobody out there that would solidify the QB position for us. If we don't sign Cousins, the next best thing is to get a stop gap guy and use the #5 pick to grab one of the rookies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- it's like with no cousins who else "does something" for you out there at the QB position? I see decent stop gaps you sure as hell can't go in with a rookie with no competition worthy in camp.

I hear we like Mike Glennon. See it could be worse than Keenum?

Great QB's don't fall off the apple tree.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have read the whole thread before I commented and basically repeated what just about everyone was saying.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- it's like with no cousins who else "does something" for you out there at the QB position? I see decent stop gaps you sure as hell can't go in with a rookie with no competition worthy in camp.

I hear we like Mike Glennon.
There are much better stop gaps than Glennon available.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are much better stop gaps than Glennon available.
Although, he may be one of the cheapest since he just got some guaranteed money last year and would be willing to take less money to compete with a rookie for the starting job and showcase his talents for another team next season.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guy's want to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Why

We already have players that are developing. But you want to develop someone for one year damn . This is one sad ass day .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are now tossing the year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft a QB at #5 he needs to start this year
Can’t have another 1st rounder have zero impact on a 5 11 team

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on who the other QB is we sign. Which one will make a bigger impact. How ready pick 5 is... We can't predict that until we see him in camp. We haven't even drafted one yet hard to claim he "needs" to start without seeing how fast he picks up the playbook, becomes a leader, has the trust all of that stuff.

Ideally, it would be nice. Logically we can't just "give" him the job until he wins it.

We will get a more talented QB on paper then Paxton Lynch, but we can't really determine if he will be ready or not. Really just depends on what he does compared to the "other" guy we bring in.

If we sign a vet and they have a good camp and the rook is clearly not ready to start yet then why just give pick 5 the job?

You gotta have competition. At any level it's not good to just give a guy a job if he doesn't win it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Kelly is a better stopgap than Glennon.....

We'd like to say that, and I do believe that.

But we don't know that without Kelly ever taking a snap in an NFL game.

That being said, Mingo might be a better stopgap then Glennon.