• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was an absolute travesty.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ACC officiating supervisor Doug Rhoads says he thought Danny Coale TD catch in OT "would stand". Rhoads e-mailed Pac-12 boss at midnight to seek interpretation from Pac-12 replay official. Will first share with Swofford.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plays I do not understand:

We could have easily scored a touchdown with proper play calling and had one timeout left, I believe. It looked like they were playing for OT at that point. Why would you want to go to OT with Robinson on the otherside? The last thing he needed was to be closer to the endzone.

I agree we should have been a little more aggressive but the handful of run plays were actually a smart call. We drained the clock so that if we had to punt or turned it over they would not have a lot of time. That was a good move. Once we got to their 40 we should have been much more aggressive though. We ran the same Ace twin TE power play over and over and over and it didn't work. It was the one game we were running off the edge well and we decided to run it between the tackles.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boise poster just lost about 400 points of rep.

Yeah, we did some stupid crap, but the refs giftwrapped that game for Michigan. First off, take away the 7 points from the BS roughing the punter. Roughing the punter is tackling the guy, not rolling into his foot. Without the TD from the BS call, Gregory doesn't fumble and they don't get the FG right before the half. That's 10 freaking points right there.

Then they take away two picks from us, one on a blind replay official, another on a bogus PI call that could have just as easily been Offensive PI. Then Michigan gets 3 more points because we fake the punt when we should have been up between 14-20. In total, they may have scored seven legitimate points.

Then despite all of that, we still come back and tie the darn game, win it in OT, only to have the touchdown taken away and to have Michigan "win" on a penalty of their own by their kicker.

Biggest crock of crap I've ever seen. Had such blatant robbery happened on the street, those officials would be serving 20-life.

Call it sour grapes, whatever you want. I don't give a F. We blew Michigan off the field on both sides of the ball. Only area they held an advantage was in the officiating game. And that really sucks.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ACC officiating supervisor Doug Rhoads says he thought Danny Coale TD catch in OT "would stand". Rhoads e-mailed Pac-12 boss at midnight to seek interpretation from Pac-12 replay official. Will first share with Swofford.

David Pollack said he spoke with 2 on field officials from last night and they both said "they still stand behind the TD call on the field".

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i seriously cant even bring myself to watch the orange bowl tonight because it hurts just to think about college football after last night. i seriously felt sick this morning.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i seriously cant even bring myself to watch the orange bowl tonight because it hurts just to think about college football after last night. i seriously felt sick this morning.

Well, if you hate Clemson, then you'll be happy to know they're getting drilled. On the other hand, the ACC looks terrible, and WVU is going to win a BCS bowl...

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were we unable to move the ball on these guys twice....

I've been asking this question out loud all night. We need either 6' 8", 370 lb linemen or have to wait until the NCAA makes a "3-Mississippi" QB rush rule.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really starting to wonder if our 10-win seasons would hold up in any other conference. Our philosophy can hold up on the cupcakes but I just think we differ philosophically from the true elite programs in the country.

Still can't believe how many times in the last 6 years we've taken our foot off the accelerator only to lose the game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really starting to wonder if our 10-win seasons would hold up in any other conference. Our philosophy can hold up on the cupcakes but I just think we differ philosophically from the true elite programs in the country.

Still can't believe how many times in the last 6 years we've taken our foot off the accelerator only to lose the game.

Depends on the conference. Big East? Absolutely. Big 10? Possibly. SEC? HELL NO

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a travesty..70 points by WVU!! Are you kidding me?? That was a beat down that I am glad I didn't watch. Way to represent Tigers (not that VT did or anything). The ACC flat out sucked this year in bowls again. The 3 or 4 games I thought they really needed to win they fell flat in. Until proven otherwise the ACC deserves all of the flack it gets (even though I still think it is a good league). Hats off to the 'Neers. I thought the outcome would be much the opposite.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a travesty..70 points by WVU!! Are you kidding me?? That was a beat down that I am glad I didn't watch. Way to represent Tigers (not that VT did or anything). The ACC flat out sucked this year in bowls again. The 3 or 4 games I thought they really needed to win they fell flat in. Until proven otherwise the ACC deserves all of the flack it gets (even though I still think it is a good league). Hats off to the 'Neers. I thought the outcome would be much the opposite.

yeah i'll stick up for VT til i die...but i'm done defending the ACC....46...is there still hope of a move to the big 10?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i'll stick up for VT til i die...but i'm done defending the ACC....46...is there still hope of a move to the big 10?

I fucking hope so. 2017 is the big season of change, supposedly. I am glad you are off the ACC bandwagon. The conference treats us like the black sheep.

Go Hokies.

Fuck the rest.

Also, LOL at not wanting West Virginia in the ACC. We had a chance to get them with Pitt, but we wanted Syracuse. Hell, we could have had both.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson needs to be kicked from the conference for that shit show. We stunk it up against Stanford but they were the real deal. Giving up 70 to a BE team that got beat up by Cuse is unforgivable. It makes me feel worse we lost to them twice.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have to say that I don't agree with the overturned call. In speaking with unaffiliated fans, the majority belief it was a valid catch. That alone should negate the "indisputable" aspect required to overturn a call.

I'm not going to lay blame on the refs though. We should have won despite that call. In fact, the game should have been over before that.

I think Frank, himself, has the largest share of the blame here. Special teams were bad this year and specifically accounted for several issues in this game. I give Frank credit for preparing Myer, and I can buy into the Logan Thomas sneak on 4th and short(props to Michigan there). The Michigan fake was dumb luck, but I suppose the defenders should realize the situation and force the ball to the ground. The Gregory fumble was a player mistake, but one that Beamer holds some accountability. However the roughing the kicker was horrible, and has been a repeated issue this season. The punt fake was horribly constructed and an even worse situational call at that point in the game.

I was proud of the way our guys played. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

id love a move to the B1G, would have been perfect if we and WVU went there, but too late for that now.