• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was an absolute travesty.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Plays I do not understand:

The 4th and 1. I know it's worked all season and we have a third string kicker, so this wasn't a terrible call, but to go up two scores would have been huge.

The roughing the kicker. Why are we going after the punt in that situation? We just stuffed them after the botched 4th and 1 and were going to get great field position. There was no reason to rush right there.

The fake punt. I heard the call was Coale's to make, but why let him make it? The play should have been a punt all the way. No reason to let Danny make the call there.

The play calling in the red zone. Once again, we looked terrible in the red zone. I don't know what it is, but it seems we have to spread it out to be successful and then when we try for short yardage, we hurt ourselves.

The play calling at the end of the game. If you were aggressive on 4th and 1 in the beginning of the game, why were you conservative at the end of the game. We could have easily scored a touchdown with proper play calling and had one timeout left, I believe. It looked like they were playing for OT at that point. Why would you want to go to OT with Robinson on the otherside? The last thing he needed was to be closer to the endzone.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to call that pass incomplete and rob coale of the play of the game and give the victory to a team that was so badly outplayed.. it makes me sick.

fuck referees. fuck them. i hope their lives are miserable.

Couldn't agree more. you guys were clearly robbed. that WAS a TD. Felt bad for that receiver, he did a hell of a job bringing that in.

The commentators even thought it was a catch........

michigan always brings there 13th man on the field for help like this.....

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I always like to give myself a few hours before posting anything about a game so here are my thoughts....

1. David Wilson is NOT NFL READY. The 22 yard loss showed that, he still believes that his athletic ability is far superior than anyone else on the field, which is not the case. Until he learns to accept a minimal loss he will not be NFL ready.

2. Meyer played great, I am not sure if he was kicking his kick offs short on purpose or not but that was not a factor. His final kick in over time he just did not kick through the ball enough, it happens to a lot of kickers and was unfortunate.

3. The called back INT on Hosley that was called pass interference was terrible, when the defender turns his head to go for the ball they have a full right to fight for the ball.

4. Logan is a MAN, he played very well and managed the game very well. I wish we had run some quick slants over the middle to Boykin or DJ Coles but other than that Logans play was great.

5. The playcalling in the 2nd half was atrocious, play to win not to tie!

6. the Defense is SCARY and will be great next year

7. VT ran a course of bad luck in the last minute of the 2nd quarter, sometimes that happens. I am proud of the way that VT played but sometimes they don't go your way.

8. The refs did not make it any easier....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not usually bitch about the refs, but it seemed that every call and break went against us tonight.

1. The spot on the third and goal, right before the stand by Michigan in the second quarter was atrocious.

2. The first pick by Hosley looked to me like a pick, based on the newer rules.

3. David Wilson was blown dead on a play where he clearly was still not only moving, but moving forward.

4. As EGW mentioned, that second interference call was crap against Hosley. At worst it should have been both ways, and a replay the down situation. I thought it was simply two guys going for the ball though.

5. Their kicker false started even worse on the fake field goal than the one at the end of the game. In addition, although the guy who caught the ball was eligible after the tip, half of those guys were NOT allowed to be that far downfield on the play.

If you want to let it go and let the boys play, I am fine with that. If you want to be very ticky tacky and call everyrhing, I am fine with that. But be consistent.....be consistent.....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the playcalling, it was absolutely bad in the second half. I joked with my gf during the Appy State game that I could call the plays. That was how predictable it had become. I was proven flat out wrong. I was so thrilled by this. We had become unpredictable. Last night, toward the end of the second quarter, and throughout the entire second half, I was calling the plays again.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like to give myself a few hours before posting anything about a game so here are my thoughts....

1. David Wilson is NOT NFL READY. The 22 yard loss showed that, he still believes that his athletic ability is far superior than anyone else on the field, which is not the case. Until he learns to accept a minimal loss he will not be NFL ready.

2. Meyer played great, I am not sure if he was kicking his kick offs short on purpose or not but that was not a factor. His final kick in over time he just did not kick through the ball enough, it happens to a lot of kickers and was unfortunate.

3. The called back INT on Hosley that was called pass interference was terrible, when the defender turns his head to go for the ball they have a full right to fight for the ball.

4. Logan is a MAN, he played very well and managed the game very well. I wish we had run some quick slants over the middle to Boykin or DJ Coles but other than that Logans play was great.

5. The playcalling in the 2nd half was atrocious, play to win not to tie!

6. the Defense is SCARY and will be great next year

7. VT ran a course of bad luck in the last minute of the 2nd quarter, sometimes that happens. I am proud of the way that VT played but sometimes they don't go your way.

8. The refs did not make it any easier....

I do not usually bitch about the refs, but it seemed that every call and break went against us tonight.

1. The spot on the third and goal, right before the stand by Michigan in the second quarter was atrocious.

2. The first pick by Hosley looked to me like a pick, based on the newer rules.

3. David Wilson was blown dead on a play where he clearly was still not only moving, but moving forward.

4. As EGW mentioned, that second interference call was crap against Hosley. At worst it should have been both ways, and a replay the down situation. I thought it was simply two guys going for the ball though.

5. Their kicker false started even worse on the fake field goal than the one at the end of the game. In addition, although the guy who caught the ball was eligible after the tip, half of those guys were NOT allowed to be that far downfield on the play.

If you want to let it go and let the boys play, I am fine with that. If you want to be very ticky tacky and call everyrhing, I am fine with that. But be consistent.....be consistent.....

As for the playcalling, it was absolutely bad in the second half. I joked with my gf during the Appy State game that I could call the plays. That was how predictable it had become. I was proven flat out wrong. I was so thrilled by this. We had become unpredictable. Last night, toward the end of the second quarter, and throughout the entire second half, I was calling the plays again.

^ these ^

motherfuck.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, why was Hosley not returning kicks most of the year, esp since Gregory was scheduled to have ACL surgery next week anyways? Why risk it, let Hosley return.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a great WHINEY board. I seen the replay alot and it looked like the ball hit the ground--there fore it was incomplete. Michigan was the clear winner and it will be that way forever :rofl: You made fun of Boise Kickers for along time. Now it's your kicker ass that's in the fire pit. :ss:

See What the BCS committie did to ya. Made you a bunch of crybabies

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it? those were terrible calls...but no one is blaming the refs for the loss....our mistakes, by players and coaches were the only that kept michigan alive in this game, and the only reason they were even in overtime with us.

and it was not our kickers fault either...3rd string kicker who went 4/5...i dont blame him at all.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a great WHINEY board. I seen the replay alot and it looked like the ball hit the ground--there fore it was incomplete. Michigan was the clear winner and it will be that way forever :rofl: You made fun of Boise Kickers for along time. Now it's your kicker ass that's in the fire pit. :ss:

I have rewatched the play with an official and there were no grounds to overturn.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the point of having replay if you still get the fuckin call wrong.. if you wanted to stretch the truth, the MOST you could do would be calling that inconclusive.. absolutely disgusting.. i hope the whole lot of them were fired immediately after the game

Truth

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why it is disputable. You didnt say the ball hit the ground, you said "it looked like" it hit the ground.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually dont think it was a catch. Looked like the tip of the ball hit the ground and sort of pushed it back up into him. That said I was shocked they overturned it. Overturns are supposed to provide 100% proof that the call was wrong and that was definitely not the case here. The very fact it took them 3 or 4 minutes to overturn it should be proof that there wasnt indisputable video evidence otherwise it wouldnt have took so long.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How was the PapaJohns bowl?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the time I got to the bolded text I just stopped reading. No point in reading anything from a hater. I know VT was selected over your program for a top tier bowl, but still....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah...trolling and dumbing down the board is pretty lame, btw.....

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great WHINEY board. I seen the replay alot and it looked like the ball hit the ground--there fore it was incomplete.
Wow you don't even know the rules. The ball can hit the ground as long as the ground is not used to help control the ball.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel bad for Danny. He made an incredible play that I think would have likely won the Sugar Bowl on his last collegiate play and it got taken away from him.