• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanks Pederson

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what fucking bullshit coach to the next. I mean......why win

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing to complain about other than not using your TOs at the end of the game to get the ball back and throw something up.

Hell, a bad snap and the game is over.

But really, both teams deserved to win this game.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves some heat

Dallas is a far more talented team. But, the Eagles played more than well enough to win.

Coach meddling late seemingly undermined an overall good team effort.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put Dez Bryant on the Eagles team... and we beat them by 3 scores

The defense seems bi-polar out there.

I think it's clear that Wentz is a better and more accurate QB tho.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give us a WR better than these mediocre dudes we are running out there and we have that won. So many dropped passes where the ball hit the guys right in the hands...just frustrating.

The way we went into overtime was sad.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been and continue to be a Pederson supporter to this point, but yesterday's loss is all on him. They were in field goal range to go up two possessions in the 4th, and after that swing pass or whatever that was, they left points on the field that turned out to be the difference. Just run a draw or something and take the points. That was our game to have and we gave it to them.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of good in that game and a lot of promise showed. Bitching about one or two calls is meaningless. This team is on the right track and as wentz gets better and the talent around him improves it's gonna be good, really good.
Don't get too worked up, enjoy the ride.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of good in that game and a lot of promise showed. Bitching about one or two calls is meaningless. This team is on the right track and as wentz gets better and the talent around him improves it's gonna be good, really good.
Don't get too worked up, enjoy the ride.

that's a HORRIBLE view. the eagles should be a NFC best 6-1 right now, with a top defense and special teams unit. they are healthy for the most part and no team in the NFC really sticks out. point being, these "one or two" mentally challenged coaching calls could possibly cost the eagles a division title and homefield advantage down the line if they keep playing at the high level they're at.

you never know when things will click and when it's your surprise year. you match this eagles team against anyone in the NFC right now, especially at home, and i like the eagles chances. except for the fact pederson is fuckin' blowing it already.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been and continue to be a Pederson supporter to this point, but yesterday's loss is all on him. They were in field goal range to go up two possessions in the 4th, and after that swing pass or whatever that was, they left points on the field that turned out to be the difference. Just run a draw or something and take the points. That was our game to have and we gave it to them.

This is pretty much my view. It's weird because Pederson generally called a very conservative game, but the play to win in the fourth was to take the points on that FG and he got cute and lost yards on a screen. I still support him overall and think he is doing a good job this year, but that was a tough game to lose. Still a lot of football to be played but being 0-2 in the NFC East is bad for our chances.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating loss for sure.

But put this into context:

This team, which came into the season in full-on rebuild mode (traded away the starting QB, two defensive starters, basically only signed stop-gaps on defense), took a team that everyone had penciled in as the favorite to win the division down to a late TD drive in their building to even force OT.

I'd be much more frustrated about this loss if the Eagles were built for competing this year. This team is still very much a work in progress. The coach is still a work in progress. Expecting 10-11 wins, even with the start they had, was unrealistic.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team, which came into the season in full-on rebuild mode (traded away the starting QB, two defensive starters, basically only signed stop-gaps on defense), took a team that everyone had penciled in as the favorite to win the division down to a late TD drive in their building to even force OT.

I'd be much more frustrated about this loss if the Eagles were built for competing this year. This team is still very much a work in progress. The coach is still a work in progress. Expecting 10-11 wins, even with the start they had, was unrealistic.
I came away with the same thought I had from the Redskins game we lost: We will beat them when they come to Philly.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came away with the same thought I had from the Redskins game we lost: We will beat them when they come to Philly.
That game may be meaningless for the Cowboys by the time we get to it.

This year is all about what this group shows me.

From what I've seen, this is a resilient bunch, with some good talent up front defensively, and at least a few capable subs on the OL as well (played most of the game with a backup at LG in addition to the forced change at RT).

Hopefully we can get some more talent in the interior of the OL (Kelce is cooked), and get a receiver who can freaking catch a ball.

Also, Ertz is a bum.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad to see there still is some measured and pragmatic views out there in the fan base. Yes, that was Dallas....a chance to knock their asses off of first place....and with half a quarter to go we could taste it. Even with our talent gap our guys played well enough to take this game. And the coaching is what killed that.

But this was known. Hot start or not this is a team with a rookie QB. A team with lack of talent at offensive skilled positions. And it is a team with a new coaching staff led by a first time head coach. All of these are the things that go into a stew that was always going to be a team with an upside of 8-8.

Calling Doug Reid jr at this point is asinine. We know the coach that Reid became. After so many years I agreed with the rest....we just couldn't win with the guy. But no one was saying that in his first few years.

We have the coach they hired. Can't change it. So I'm going to continue the view I've had going into the year....this is a year of lessons to be learned. Let's see if they will be learned from.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One play call away from winning the game. Sorry this loss is on Pederson and its very scary to watch the way he operated down the stretch of this game. He may not have it and may never have it. You never run a negative play (screen behind the line of scrimmage) from the 30 yard line, if they were at the 25 maybe but even then I wouldnt have. You want some quick so you don't take a sack but that was as good as a sack. Run the ball up the middle and kick the field goal. Put the pressure on the rookie QB to put up two scores in 6 minutes. Instead he shit the bed made a inexcusable play call. Its a shame he called a good game up until that point. Aside from Wentz there isn't a player on the Eagles offense who would start for Dallas. Yet we were up by a TD with 6 minutes left and in field goal range and we lost. The defense played great till that play call, the Special teams played great till that play call and the offense played clock control. They could have went into Dallas knocked them off and moved on. Instead they suffer a devastating loss, set Dallas up to win the divison and now we have to listen to all those bandwagon fans from Philly (Dallas fans who never lived in Dallas). This sucks. I would have rather they got blown out than this.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other coach would you want other than Doug? Gase? Jackson? Coetter(sp?)? Doug is a solid, if unspectacular, coach. He's paid his dues, and is grounded, unlike chip. we went the "maverick/mad scientist" type, and it set us back a couple years. I have no doubt that Howie will make the moves to get us back in contention soon (maybe even getting a stud WR by tomorrow). He's been masterful undoing Chip's disaster. Yes, Doug made a couple bad play calls last night, but I'm just glad we're on the right rack. And, as far as not trying a FG - it was a long one, and if missed, the Girls get the ball at mid-field.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One play call away from winning the game. Sorry this loss is on Pederson and its very scary to watch the way he operated down the stretch of this game. He may not have it and may never have it. You never run a negative play (screen behind the line of scrimmage) from the 30 yard line, if they were at the 25 maybe but even then I wouldnt have. You want some quick so you don't take a sack but that was as good as a sack. Run the ball up the middle and kick the field goal. Put the pressure on the rookie QB to put up two scores in 6 minutes. Instead he shit the bed made a inexcusable play call. Its a shame he called a good game up until that point. Aside from Wentz there isn't a player on the Eagles offense who would start for Dallas. Yet we were up by a TD with 6 minutes left and in field goal range and we lost. The defense played great till that play call, the Special teams played great till that play call and the offense played clock control. They could have went into Dallas knocked them off and moved on. Instead they suffer a devastating loss, set Dallas up to win the divison and now we have to listen to all those bandwagon fans from Philly (Dallas fans who never lived in Dallas). This sucks. I would have rather they got blown out than this.
I don't understand this train of thought at all.

A rebuilding team goes on the road, shows us a lot, and we would have been better off going in there and getting blown out, and not learning anything from this game?

Special teams didn't do anything bad (including the punt) after the punt. The defense forced a three and out after the TD, and Dallas wanted no parts of going after them with all their timeouts in the final drive. I didn't see the defense giving up, I saw the matchups that we knew would be problems become problems.

G

greenwing

Dougie needs to keep the pedal to the metal. No excuse for getting conservative late in the game. You have to trust your QB. But what i really don't get is you choose to punt the ball instead of kick a 53 yarder with the best kicker in the NFL? And you're not going to use your timeouts on that final drive? Coaching scared isn't going to win you football games especially against division rivals. We have lost thee out of or last four and I contribute a lot of that to poor play calling and bad time management. This needs to change ASAP.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is still a 1st year coach. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is still a 1st year coach. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

This is the best we can hope for today. It is not going to change ASAP....and it might even get worse before it gets better. But this is the season I envisioned with a mostly new team, a rookie coaching staff and a rookie QB. It's a process and a ride...and if it is done right it leads somewhere.

Much like life as a whole....it is all about expectation setting. Some just suck at it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Doug on a whole ... I think he's done a really nice job for a 1st year coach. I just have a huge problem with a dumb play call that cost us the game.