• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank the Golf Gods that girl Amanda Scott did not win

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) In the history of golf before now, there has never been a single rule - ever - saying a belly or anchored putter is against the rules.

2) Some guys, like Keegan, have never used anything but an anchored putter. They grew up, saw others do it, knew it was LEGAL, and have used it since. There is no way it possibly even entered their minds they were doing anything wrong. It was legal, and it still is legal. Argument = Fail.

3) Do you want to ban oversized putter grips too? They are meant to give stability in the hands. What about the claw grip? Or left hand low? Those are meant to take the right hand out of putting. Since we are banning long putters, how about short putters too? Maybe we should call Phil Mickelson a cheater? I think his is around 32 inches or so. How far do you want to go down this slippery slope?

4) I personally don't think the anchored putter gives any advantage - other than maybe mental confidence. Having a longer, heavier, anchored putter - with only 1 hand to swing it with - is no more advantage than a shorter putter, with less mass at the end of it to control - with 2 hands to swing it with. You will find a few who will disagree, but they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. In fact, I can give you multiple reasons why the anchored putter is actually a disadvantage.

This thread is way out of bounds, imo.