• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank the Golf Gods that girl Amanda Scott did not win

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this guy is a cheater and a complete disgrace

that long putter takes skill out of game by allowing club to be anchored and .. though legal for now, is clearly not in spirit of competion

this "man" disgusts me

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threw me off for a bit

that long putter takes skill out of game by allowing club to be anchored and .. though legal for now, is clearly not in spirit of competion

this "man" disgusts me

I'm with you on anchoring and have been for a long time...even with that I have to disagree with you on Scott being a cheater...he's playing within the rules as they are right now as you mentioned...that's really where the topic ends from a rules of the game standpoint.

Violating spirit of competition...I can see why you would say that, he's continuing to anchor even after the PGAT ruling. IMO...at this level there should be no spirit of competition, it's either within the rules or it's not. With the kind of money on the line, there should be no self governing like recreational golf.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its legal within the rules of the game as is, so it isn't cheating at all.

But then again, AON was never worried about facts during his trolling at ESPN, why should he be here? :L

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still within the rules so it's not cheating. I am not a fan of any type of anchoring however when you have a guy like Tim Clark who has been doing it for almost 20 years, its hard for me to say that he shouldn't be allowed to continue it. He actually has a medical reason for it. Gotta stay consistent on the rules though, so when it becomes illegal, it is illegal for all.

To call him a cheater isn't right though. There is plenty of others out there that are still using it and doing it completely within the rules.

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he is cheating the game

golf is supposed to be an honorable sport played by honorable people

while the anchored putter is legal.. for now.. it clearly goes against the spirit of the game at the competitive level

why is this different than using the grooves that prevent mishits.. or other equipment aids to help the rec and/or old golfer

this stuff should not be allowed on tour.. and I do think it says something about the character of Scott and Keegan Bradley and other "sissies" out there

we should all be rooting for Scott to "vanish" from the game.... he also destroys the thought of Aussies being tough....

no sponsor other than Massengill should touch this guy

Last edited by a moderator:

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I believe it is an absolute insult for one of these guys to hold a major title

while the anchored putter is legal.. for now.. it clearly goes against the spirit of the game at the competitive level

why is this different than using the grooves that prevent mishits.. or other equipment aids to help the rec and/or old golfer

this stuff should not be allowed on tour.. and I do think it says something about the character of Scott and Keegan Bradley and other "sissies" out there

we should all be rooting for Scott to "vanish" from the game.... he also destroys the thought of Aussies being tough....

do we really want these guys repping golf and winning majors?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on anchoring and have been for a long time...even with that I have to disagree with you on Scott being a cheater...he's playing within the rules as they are right now as you mentioned...that's really where the topic ends from a rules of the game standpoint.

Violating spirit of competition...I can see why you would say that, he's continuing to anchor even after the PGAT ruling. IMO...at this level there should be no spirit of competition, it's either within the rules or it's not. With the kind of money on the line, there should be no self governing like recreational golf.

I like what Ian Poulter said: he said you not only have to play well but you have to look right doing it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So does hitting a provisional when you know exactly where your ball is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this stuff should not be allowed on tour..

I get you on the foundation of the game. If you want to say Scott, et al are taking advantage of the enforcement gap in the ruling is bad sportsmanship...I can agree with you...I wish it would have taken effect next year. Because it came down mid year, not a big deal that the few who do use them have continued...if they are still using it next year, your point of bad sportsmanship is more valid I think.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this "man" disgusts me

Do you ever not whine?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it to golf in here, please.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does hitting a provisional when you know exactly where your ball is.

Take a hike troll, nobody gives a shit about your opinion anymore.

And back to Scott, he is within the rules so it isn't cheating. If that putter is such an advantage they should ban it, but for now it is fine. And I have always thought Scott was a good guy, he took that loss to Els last year very well. And his time came winning a major. IMO he is doing what he is used to, not trying to gain an advantage on others.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this "man" disgusts me

I like Adam Scott. He seems to conduct himself like a gentleman. He's an excellent player too. I think I like his swing better than anyone's since David Duvall.

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays like a 70 yr old man

I like Adam Scott. He seems to conduct himself like a gentleman. He's an excellent player too. I think I like his swing better than anyone's since David Duvall.

no manly excuse for using that anchored putter

if not for that putter would anyone even know this guy? would this guy make any cuts? i maintain that.. because of his lack of manly pride.. he is "cheating" the game using the anchored putter in a professional tournament

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if not for that putter would anyone even know this guy? would this guy make any cuts? i maintain that.. because of his lack of manly pride.. he is "cheating" the game using the anchored putter in a professional tournament

Considering he won 7 tournaments before he went to the anchored putter in 2011 and only 2 since, I'd say that yeah.... we would probably still know who he is.:L

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a hike troll, nobody gives a shit about your opinion anymore.

And back to Scott, he is within the rules so it isn't cheating. If that putter is such an advantage they should ban it, but for now it is fine. And I have always thought Scott was a good guy, he took that loss to Els last year very well. And his time came winning a major. IMO he is doing what he is used to, not trying to gain an advantage on others.

I will when you climb down off of Woods' dick.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does look awful but he is a fine player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't expect to change your mind here. We know this much, nobody out there wants the cheater label. Obviously you know he's not breaking any rules now...the manly pride part?I actually agree with you that continuing to use it knowing it's about to be banned is bad sportsmanship...cheater is too stiff...the spirit of competition.

Put it like this...assuming this banned applied to amateurs and was going into effect next year. If someone that previously used an anchored putter showed up in our Sat morning game anchoring a long putter next week would still be welcome in the game. Next year they would not be.