• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thabo Sefolosha is the new Chuck Hayes

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston's frontcourt depth is like Swiss cheese. With Capela out the last few games, fellow countryman Thabo Sefolosha has been filling in playing backup center.

Sefolosha was almost exclusively a wing his first 8 seasons and played shooting guard the majority of the time. By 2016-2017 he began seeing more time as a PF and last season chiefly played at that position as a new Rocket. The NBA sure has changed. I know unlike PJ Tucker, Hayes and Sefolosha are very different players, I thought it would be cute to point out Thabo is 6'6 and it used to be Hayes was the only player around that height who played the center position.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elias Sport says the Rockets are the first team to play an entire game without a player listed taller than 6'6" since the Knicks on Jan. 31, 1963.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have titled the thread "Mike D'Antoni takes the meaning of small ball to new level" so it would get more attention. To some extent his hands are tied though. The Rockets did it, beat Kristaps and the Mavs with it.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure that was the deciding difference though.

I completely agree! :)

It looks like they're going to do something at the deadline, maybe including shipping Capela out. I wouldn't bet on them having playoff success playing someone like Thabo 10-15 minutes per game at that role or PJ in Capela's role.