• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas @ BYU

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as down on Searles. I said last week after NMST game I thought eh 2nd string line was more talented. One of the issues here is recruiting. Texas recruited athletic OL that are quite good at the second level and pulling, but they are not maulers. Texas is now featuring an offense predicated on the inside zone. That is better suited for maulers than prancing bears. This is a prime example of what I was talking about. A well run program recruits kids for a specific purpose, develops them toward that purpose, and plays them in that original role for a couple yrs. Texas has not been able to do that. We are spread passing team, we are SEC, and now we are Spread running team.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as down on Searles. I said last week after NMST game I thought eh 2nd string line was more talented. One of the issues here is recruiting. Texas recruited athletic OL that are quite good at the second level and pulling, but they are not maulers. Texas is now featuring an offense predicated on the inside zone. That is better suited for maulers than prancing bears. This is a prime example of what I was talking about. A well run program recruits kids for a specific purpose, develops them toward that purpose, and plays them in that original role for a couple yrs. Texas has not been able to do that. We are spread passing team, we are SEC, and now we are Spread running team.

Exactly, there is no identity. Why Mack Brown decided to change identities after '09, I will never understand.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get political...but I don't know how anyone can be pro-choice after witnessing my first live abortion last night. I actually cut the game off with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I knew how the rest was gonna go.

I bet you felt the same way last year, OU v UT....:laugh3:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even take it a step further. From '00-'09, Mack's recruits were some of, if not, the best athletes in the country who lived up to their hype. From '10-present, these athletes are just not as good as the star that was given to them. I mean, the majority of defensive players that were starting against BYU had no business being on the field and shouldn't be playing D1 football. The basic fundamentals these players should have already are not there (mainly tackling). Also, Mack surrounded himself with some pretty good asst coaches who went on to become HC's (Tomey, Robinson, Chizik, Muschamp), so let's not forget that. His current coaches are just as bad as his defense. Searels should have been fired along with Diaz yesterday. His O-line has sucked ever since he arrived at The 40 Acres in '11. I'm am tired of watching our O-linemen getting pushed around with ease when playing a decent or quality opponent. I'm tired of Mack trying to adapt an "SEC philosophy". We're in the Big 12, not the SEC, two totally different conferences. IMO, the ship sank even more when he brought all of these coaches in from the SEC. Stop trying to be a fucking SEC team and just be a Texas Longhorn team.

When I got home Saturday night from getting completely shit faced due to the fact that BYU raped this team severely and all but ended my CFB season so early (this team is going to implode even more b/c this coaching staff has no clue how to right the ship b/c this coaching staff is terrible, so I see this season reflecting the '10 season), I was watching ESPN highlights to see what everybody was saying about the game and Robert Smith said the perfect thing that summed everything up when he suggested that Texas's players over the last few years are spoiled, privilege athletes who think teams should bow down to them b/c they play for Texas and there is no accountability by the coaching staff (did anybody see Diaz on the sideline at one point of the game, around the 4th quarter when BYU kicked one of their many FG's and he was patting his defensive guys on the back and telling them good job? Are you fucking kidding me?). Smith then said, on the other hand, you have teams like BYU whose athletes think it's a privilege just to be playing college football and play their butts off. For years I've always thought these overrated players had too much of a country club type setting. Hell, just watch the LHN and see how practice functions: It's held inside the bubble, instead of being outside in the heat, loud music is playing (Mack says the loud music creates a fun atmosphere for his players) and they are always in shorts, rather than full pads.

I'm glad to see Diaz finally got fired; he should have been fired after the OU game last year. However, I doubt Robinson will make a difference b/c he inherits a defense full of players who have no fucking business whatsoever playing Division 1 football. Not one of our defensive players (except for Quandre Diggs) would start for Saban, and that's a fact. The only thing that can right this ship is FIRE MACK BROWN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THIS SEASON.......

pure gold, I tells ya, pure gold.....:laugh3:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you felt the same way last year, OU v UT....:laugh3:

No, I'm pretty use to that by now. Even when we had good teams...