• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS I SAID when Luck joined a league when BOTH parties were desperate, the B12 was the weakest and most vulnerable of all the leagues, and was ridiculed by the superfans who know it all who said the ACC was on life support.. I really do not care one bit about college sports anymore, the BLM BS last year, the paying of "student athletes", the way 100 year rivalries are tossed out for a few $, screw it, I really do not care anymore. Texas will get their asses kicked almost weekly in the SEC, and will go from the ruler of the league to a noone, Oklahoma will be a 500 team in the SEC.....wooo hooo big bucks

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU
Cincy
UCF
USF
Temple
ECU
Memphis
Navy

Okie State
Baylor
TCU
TT
Kansas State
Kansas
Iowa State
BYU
On second thought, there... That's better. I like the BYU brand in the west with those other schools, it fits.

Not all that different than the BigEast days with UC/WVU/USF in the east. Good state/regional rivalry games which we (CFB) needs more of. All things considered, not a bad little conference at all for those left for dead.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bad for WVU no matter how you slice it, the ACC will not invite WVU, (I hope I'm wrong) but I can see WVU being left in the dust, 20-25 Mill a year less in money, won't take long to be nothing. We may end up in C-USA before it is done

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bad for WVU no matter how you slice it, the ACC will not invite WVU, (I hope I'm wrong) but I can see WVU being left in the dust, 20-25 Mill a year less in money, won't take long to be nothing. We may end up in C-USA before it is done
Its going to be bad for aLOT of schools by the time its over. Eventually the "have" schools are going to break away from the "have nots" currently enjoying the benefits of being in a big boy conference with no real business being in one other than being grandfathered in. The club that WVU is about to join will have many more members.
When the numbers start to surface for SEC teams per year once Texas and OU get there, we may see FSU and Clemson head that direction too for even MORE money on the year and the ACC would be in a similar situation.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as they grow the sec with blue bloods, we will see sooner than later, the removal of the traditional sec teams that don't bring the name or $. Does Vanderbilt, south Carolina, Kentucky, the Mississippi schools belong in the blue blood football league???? As they continue to reach out to the power schools, those lesser sec schools are signing their ticket to conference usa without even realizing it....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as they grow the sec with blue bloods, we will see sooner than later, the removal of the traditional sec teams that don't bring the name or $. Does Vanderbilt, south Carolina, Kentucky, the Mississippi schools belong in the blue blood football league???? As they continue to reach out to the power schools, those lesser sec schools are signing their ticket to conference usa without even realizing it....
Agree, imo the time will come when Ohio State, Alabama, Florida , Penn State, Notre Dame ect. Will all form their own “conference” and try n make more money than ever and relegate all of the hanger on’s to the same situation that the former BigEast and now Big12 schools are in.

Good for those big brands I guess but not good for the sport imo.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the other conferences stick together and keep the playoffs as they stand, that would really fuck OK and Texas, not to mention the SEC

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the other conferences stick together and keep the playoffs as they stand, that would really fuck OK and Texas, not to mention the SEC
Just saw on local news that the crook that is the AD at ohio state called to rethink expanding the "playoff"......

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on local news that the crook that is the AD at ohio state called to rethink expanding the "playoff"......
So id the PAC Commissioner, Daboo and NC both had stated before any of this news that the players didn't want it, OK may never sniff a playoff spot again

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any chance if the ACC-Big10-PAC goes through, we end up somewhere good in a team grab? I also think our schedule will look more and more like the AAC schedule, but just thinking of anyway we end up somewhere in a arms race.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any chance if the ACC-Big10-PAC goes through, we end up somewhere good in a team grab? I also think our schedule will look more and more like the AAC schedule, but just thinking of anyway we end up somewhere in a arms race.
I don't see anyone picking up any of the remaining 8 schools, I think the rest of the conferences want Oklahoma and Texas to pay, I think the Big 12 will survive and expand to 12 teams, they will keep their power 5 status. I know there is resentment right now at the SEC, but what they need to do is to enter into some alliance with the SEC on scheduling non conference games. That would drive up the contract of media rights, not to where it is now but would be better than without it, would boost the SEC money also. Teams I think that may be involved in expansion are BYU, Boise State, Cincinnati, And UCF, Maybe Houston, Memphis, or SF

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone picking up any of the remaining 8 schools, I think the rest of the conferences want Oklahoma and Texas to pay, I think the Big 12 will survive and expand to 12 teams, they will keep their power 5 status. I know there is resentment right now at the SEC, but what they need to do is to enter into some alliance with the SEC on scheduling non conference games. That would drive up the contract of media rights, not to where it is now but would be better than without it, would boost the SEC money also. Teams I think that may be involved in expansion are BYU, Boise State, Cincinnati, And UCF, Maybe Houston, Memphis, or SF
Did you see the Dave Wanstate (sp) stuff yesterday? He said all the talk at fox was WVU to ACC

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seen it, hope it is true, would be nice to have the rivalries back, one would think those rivalries on TV would be worth something

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seen it, hope it is true, would be nice to have the rivalries back, one would think those rivalries on TV would be worth something
I hope he is right. It would be great to see wvu playing teams we care about again!!! But we have no input or control. The fans dont mean anything to them....

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will still believe it when I see it, the only way WVU gets an invite is if ND decides to join

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you all agree if we don’t get into ACC we don’t end up anywhere other than aac or comparable?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you all agree if we don’t get into ACC we don’t end up anywhere other than aac or comparable?
Or the Big 12 expands and takes some teams in from other G5 conferences

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Big 12 expands and takes some teams in from other G5 conferences
I really think the B12 is dead, poor reactionary leadership has sunk it. The new TV deal, whenever it happens will not pay much more than the AAC, which has much better leadership. I see Kansas and ISU to the big as a done deal, I see OSU and at least one of the Texas schools to the pac. I see WVU, KSU, TT, TCU, Baylor all scrambling to get that second spot in the pac, and Lyons and Gee making a fevered pitch to the ACC. Realistically I see us and KState left out in the cold.