• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans should trade for Ryan Mallett

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the patriots took a second and fourth for him, I would be mad.
Why? That would be a great move for the Pats. You could pick up a quality player that will actually see the field with a 2nd and a decent backup QB with a 4th.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't even warrant a discussion from New England's end. If they get offered a second they tell you "he's worth more than that to the organization, so this discussion is a waste of our time."

Again, I am not saying anyone should offer more. But New England has no reason to give up a key piece at one of the most important spots on their roster for a low pick. He knows the offense, throws the ball pretty well, and could keep them competitive for a stretch if Brady were to go down for a short period. This isn't a team looking to push their competitiveness off into the future. Brady is here now and a low draft pick doesn't do anything to improve their chances over what is likely to be a couple last runs with him. Mallett, for every game he is in our uniform, does. If his value stays low and we can extend him, even better. I don't care what his value anywhere else is. Here, he is a valuable piece.

I hear ya...but his value to NE is really a different topic, but a 2nd & 4th imo is GREAT market value for a young backup QB by NFL standards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? That would be a great move for the Pats. You could pick up a quality player that will actually see the field with a 2nd and a decent backup QB with a 4th.

I guarantee Mallett adds more value as the most important backup on the roster than a second round pick does in the next couple of years. Mallett goes nowhere.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...but his value to NE is really a different topic, but a 2nd & 4th imo is GREAT market value for a young backup QB by NFL standards.

I'm just saying why no deal is likely to be done. That trade makes no sense for us.