• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tesla Model 3

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the performance model and autopilot, so $80k before all the rebates...took delivery early enough that free, unlimited supercharging is included as well.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
We have a Model S that also has free supercharging for life, so it's a nice freebie.
Especially since I have a 20 stall station about 6 miles from home.
By the way, once you drive one your hooked.
My wife says she never wants another vehicle if it's not the Tesla.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Karma looks a lot more fun than a Model S for the same money. It has unlimited range and probably has much higher quality...especially in the interior.

Request Rejected

2018-karma-revero-review-angle-640x640.jpg

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Karma looks a lot more fun than a Model S for the same money. It has unlimited range and probably has much higher quality...especially in the interior.

Request Rejected

2018-karma-revero-review-angle-640x640.jpg

Reviews don't sound the best. Your choice between "This is a very bad car and here's why", and "This car is junk" and " Don't buy one. Buy anything else."

50 miles of electric only power at an avg speed of 20 MPH and 220 Miles total before you are filling the tiny gas tank and charging it (3 hour charge time). So not quite up to par with the $33k Chevy Volt (longer electric and twice as long combined range). And slower than any base model Tesla which costs less than half the price and has better range that you can use over 20MPH. And it's gas engine is no longer being made (they bought a thousand of these motors back in 2010 when GM stopped making them for their Saturns and Pontiacs for their previous attempt at a car, still had them around so figured "Why not, there's one born every minute who will think... 'quality' at used saturn equipment")

So 130k for an obsolete 9 year old Saturn engine on a 20 mile range battery. I guess there's one born every minute but wow that is a tough sell.

As for the reviews, driving impressions comparing it to "crunching sand between your teeth" and "Skiing over gravel" don't sound fun and for 20 miles you can be faster than a Toyota Sienna minivan.

The interior, not fond of the triangular gear shift. And they used Blackberry for the infotainment setup. Blackberry. Backseat has that split through the middle (so it can't seat 5 or put a child seat in the center) and little head-room. Cramped is how I keep seeing the interior reviewed and not ergonomic. EPA reviewed it as a subcompact based on cabin size. I do like the Tesla's interior room myself, never have been a fan of the subcompacts, especially for 130k+. The solar sunroof adds UP TO 1.5 miles a day of range though so there's that I guess.

I like the exterior design though. Always liked Fiskers cars (Aston Martins and VLF's are gorgeous too).

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Model S that also has free supercharging for life, so it's a nice freebie.
Especially since I have a 20 stall station about 6 miles from home.
By the way, once you drive one your hooked.
My wife says she never wants another vehicle if it's not the Tesla.

Is everybody aware that Tesla battery life may be less than 5 years, and $20,000 to replace, today? So how is buying a $33,000 Tesla, if the price gets that low, some kind of bargain? Sounds like a scam.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everybody aware that Tesla battery life may be less than 5 years, and $20,000 to replace, today? So how is buying a $33,000 Tesla, if the price gets that low, some kind of bargain? Sounds like a scam.

My post is Not accurate. Tesla has an 8 year warranty on the battery, so they expect them to last that long at least. As an owner, you know you can expect the battery to last that long, and they will be covered if they aren't.

A group of Tesla owners report about a 5% drop in battery capacity by the 50,000 mile mark but after than, the rate of degradation drops considerably. On average, cars with 160,000 miles on them still have 90% of their battery capacity remaining. Projecting forward from the real world data available, a Tesla battery should still have 80% battery capacity after 500,000 miles of driving, the group claims. The vast majority of internal combustion engines would have stopped functioning long before then.

Here’s the warranty for each model:

New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Your car is protected by a New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Battery and Drive Unit in your car are covered for a period of:
  • Model S and Model X – 8 years (with the exception of the original 60 kWh battery manufactured before 2015, which is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first).
  • Model 3 with Standard or Mid-Range Battery - 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
  • Model 3 with Long-Range Battery - 8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
I read that Tesla’s goal is to lower the battery replacement cost to less than $90/KWh by 2023, meaning cost to replace the 100 KWh pack would be less than $9,000.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh - give me the roar of an IC engine, especially a V8, at song all day over some hum.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here has actually taken a test drive of a performance model?