• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TE's to play big part in offense

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, with Gresham, Scaife and Coffman we will be running out a lot more two TE sets to protect the young QB, and to help with the running game. However, they need to learn to be solid run blockers for this to work since all 3 are above average catching TE's. If they can block, and they have two on the field at once, the offense can go run or pass out of that set, and the defense could find themselves at a mismatch in several areas. This will allow us to have our quick strike attack from the WCO to take advantage of initial confusion.

It is goign to be nice to have a higher completion QB who is not laying on his back all day, who can get rid of it and let some real playmakers like Simpson, Green, Gresham and Shipley to do their thing in the middle of the field. Gresham is a mismatch for any LB in the league with his height, speed and hands.

Should make for an interesting season. Be interesting to see how Marvin and company protect Dalton in his first season.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, with inexperienced WRs and a rookie QB, I love having options at the TE position. I'm not sure about Coffman, but Gresham and Scaife should have a lot of opportunities, especially with Brat out of the picture.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've noticed on the depth chart that Scaife is behind Coffman. I'd love to see Coffman produce, especially since this would be his kind of offense, but I just don't see it if he can't block.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I don't know how Coffman can be listed above Scaife, since he has yet to do a thing in the NFL.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know how Coffman can be listed above Scaife, since he has yet to do a thing in the NFL.

They have not had enough time to evaluate everyone, especially a guy who just signed the other day and has only had the playbook for a week. By default, he is going to be #3 on the depth chart, but by beginning of the season, and 4 preseason games, he will move up to #2.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to actually see Coffman play. He should get some time against Detroit, so I'm looking forward to see what he has.