• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrelle Pryor to Seahawks for a 7th round pick

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what we offered that we didnt get him. Cant get much lower then the seahawks 7th rounder

I believe it was a conditional 7th round pick. Was the seventh rounders Seattle gave for this year? Maybe Oakland wanted this year not next year? The conditional will have to be future unless the condition that happen in the next two weeks or so. Why would they want this year more than next? Maybe they want to trade up this year somewhere. Current year value is higher.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was a conditional 7th round pick. Was the seventh rounders Seattle gave for this year? Maybe Oakland wanted this year not next year? The conditional will have to be future unless the condition that happen in the next two weeks or so. Why would they want this year more than next? Maybe they want to trade up this year somewhere. Current year value is higher.

It sounds like we gave our last pick in the round, #32. Conditional picks cannot be traded.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It sounds like we gave our last pick in the round, #32. Conditional picks cannot be traded.

No conditional wether he made the team or not. Not compensatory picks.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Conditional Pick is when there there is a certain condition rider in the trade that changes the trade. For example, Alex Smith to the Chiefs was a conditional pick this year, if the Chiefs would not have won 8 games IIRC then it would have been a 3rd instead of a 2nd. Compensatory is a pick issued by the league to teams who lost more in the Free Agency than they aquired in the previous off sseason.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant the Niners offered a conditional pick, not Seattle. We know the compensation from Seattle and the offer by the Niners was reported unofficially.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compensatory, damn that is the word I was searching for.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who is a big Raider fan. He knows a couple of people who work in the organization and he ahd heard from those in the orginzation that Pryor is a dumb as a stump. He couldn't grasp the plays and needed lineman to help call plays in the huddle.

:lol: We are all better at player selection than the coach who won the superbowl? How come we were even interested in TP if from rumors (I know a friend who knows a friend who knows an insider in Raider organization who claims there is no filament running though TP's light bulb) he was that dumb?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson can't be happy that he is the 3rd highest paid QB on his team now. LOL

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson can't be happy that he is the 3rd highest paid QB on his team now. LOL

I disagree. He knows his day is coming and he's not worried about it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: We are all better at player selection than the coach who won the superbowl? How come we were even interested in TP if from rumors (I know a friend who knows a friend who knows an insider in Raider organization who claims there is no filament running though TP's light bulb) he was that dumb?

So even the coaches and front offices who win super bowls never miss on a draft pack or free agent selection? Remember Matt Flynn? Even Bill Walsh who was an excellent talent evaluator and pulled off what some consider the best draft in NFL history had his share of misses. Remember Lawrence Phillips? We don't know yet what the plans are for TP. The Raiders even though desperate for a QB dumped this guy aftter just a couple of seasons. Now you can just blow this off by saying its the Raiders, but it is not as if Al Davis' former draft picks are tearing up the league on other teams. And it is not a friend, who know a friend, who knows an insider. It is someone I've known for many years who knows people in the organization. And it really doesn't matter all that much to me as I am not a Raider fan.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He knows his day is coming and he's not worried about it.

He's well worth the $$ too!! I might be in the minority here, but I am a HUGE fan of RW3! Liked him at Wisky and as much as it pains me, like him in the NFL!

I think the guy is a real leader and the team is buying into whatever he's sellin!

The guy seems like a better human being than a football player, and that's saying something. IMO!