• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrelle Pryor Rumor

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tebow. Jury is still out on all 3.

Question: if Michael Sam doesn't get picked up by a team, is it a similar situation to Tebow? Sam is good enough to play in the NFL, but no team wants the media circus?

Tebow is better than Orton. That season in Denver proves it with the same personnel. Orton just landed a job.
SJ, the talking heads were saying he may end up in the CFL if he doesn't sign in the NFL. They said his size is suited well for their league...

Not sure about the circus factor..

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow and Sam are similar in the sense that they are both good enough to probably make a roster but won't be a really high level player. If a player is going to bring that kind of media circus they had better be worth it. Limited upside, huge distraction, so I do see them as similar situations.

SJ, I know what you're saying. My point was that college success, which all 3 of those guys had a lot of, doesn't mean anything about NFL success, especially at QB. Boyd ran a largely gimmick offense that wouldn't work in the NFL and he hasn't shown me the ability to stand in the pocket and go through progressions so I'm not really interested. Maybe the ultimate example of a stud college QB never materializing at the next level is Troy Smith, dude won a Heisman.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, the talking heads were saying he may end up in the CFL if he doesn't sign in the NFL. They said his size is suited well for their league...

Not sure about the circus factor..

I don't see TSN caring as much as ESPN does. I may be wrong but it just seems to me that TSN actually covers sports more often.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Boyd is a project for sure. Like I said, he's got to get over the mental hurdles and that may take a year or two. But the physical tools he has plus a little bit confidence, to me is worth bringing him in.

I guess on the QB situation, I think we have two guys that can come in and do a better job than Clemens as a starter. So to me I think that's enough to get a team close to .500, which is why I don't want to bring in another "starter". Bring in a rookie that has a high ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams want a project to develop at QB like they did with Davis, sign Garrett Gilbert to the PS. He could easily be developed over time just like Davis. It wasn't but three years previous that many on this board were besmirching Davis' NFL ability and stating that the Rams should dump him. Here we are three yeas later stating that he should be the starter. This guy was one of the few Rams QBs that they actually developed. The one stat that stood out then and still does is that Davis broke Favre's college record. Might have been a clue to his competitiveness and arm strength. Maybe!

For the record. If the Rams are in a developing mood and want a media circus sign both Tebow and Sam and put them on the PS. Sign Tebow and develop him. Same with Sam. Tebow is a big man and as John Gruden stated with the right coaching to fix his passing technique issues, Tebow can become a force and he has a very competitive side. He wants to win. But since we have been down this Tebow road before, I'll leave it that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I'm not sure if Tebow is eligible for the PS and I don't think Sam will pass on an offer to play in the CFL given the chance. Also he may fit, as Jeff Fisher suggested, on another teams 53 man roster. I'm sure that will be Sam's first choice.

If he's available for the Rams PS, I'm sure the Rams will offer Sam a spot.

Heck they bumped the squad size up from eight to ten this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Jeff Mathews for that developmental QB spot on the PS. Wouldn't mind Boyd if it happens. I don't know that we saw anything promising from Gilbert in the preseason, but he does have a head start on the system, should an emergency arise.

Mallett was reportedly traded for a conditional late round pick in 2016. That would've worked nicely for the Rams, but oh well.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Thad Lewis released? I'd take him over Pryor.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow is awful, beyond "developing" and shouldn't be considered in any NFL conversation. Even a QB needy team like ours. I'd sooner sign Edward Scissorhands to run the offense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I'm not sure if Tebow is eligible for the PS and I don't think Sam will pass on an offer to play in the CFL given the chance. Also he may fit, as Jeff Fisher suggested, on another teams 53 man roster. I'm sure that will be Sam's first choice.

If he's available for the Rams PS, I'm sure the Rams will offer Sam a spot.

Heck they bumped the squad size up from eight to ten this year.

We shall see Vita. Sam knows Fisher likes him but if the CFL comes calling with bigger bucks, he certainly may bolt.:nod:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tim Tebow is awful, then why does Kyle Orton have a job?

Obviously you don't want to acknowledge the entire truth, where the guy isn't that good for sure.. But the reason why he's not in the league is because he's not worth the media circus. Very similar to M. Sam.

You can't tell me Orton is better because they had the same cast and Tebow got way more out of that Bronco team.

And none of us really want to sign Tebow btw. We were comparing the media circus to Michael Sam.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not lobbying to sign Tebow, but I wouldn't be particularly upset if the Rams gave him a try. He's not much worse than any of the other QBs currently available, and with Tebow you know you'll never have to worry that he won't give 100%. He will continue to try to improve himself regardless of his current skill level, and he has the "Bret Farve competitive" mentality that you want in your QB. Of course he now has a stigma that may very well be keeping teams from signing him even if he has improved significantly in his passing ability. Every signing at this point is a gamble, so why not give him a shot. He's going to most likely be 3rd string coming in, not a big impact on the team anyway, and he may just be a gem in need of polish. Worth a gamble I say. As Retro has previously stated, coach Gruden also agrees.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Tebow's 11 starts in 2011 the Broncos averaged 18.5 points. In Orton's 5 starts for Denver they averaged 21 points. So yeah Tebow got more out of them than Orton did...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go Stat geeks here we go. C'mon jeez. Yes leave out that Orton was benched after going 1-3, then Tebow comes in and leads the Denver to a playoff berth and win.

So why was he benched??!! Lol. Why did Tebow keep the job?

How many times are you going to be blinded by a % and ignore the W/L column. Sorry but that is just stupid. I bet you $1000 that Denver ball control was almost double what it was with Tebow over Orton. Ball control + good D and timely scoring (clutch) = playoffs. Been sayin it for years.

Haters.... Just stop. Too many agendas out there today. It's pathetic.

The anti-Christian movement is here. And it's pretty sad.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your whole "stat geek" thing is annoying as hell, sorry for having opinions backed by evidence and not subjective opinion.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats matter to a point Mutigers and I agree with you it does provide an indication or evidence of the capabilities but stats alone don't win ballgames. How many times do you know of QBs throwing for 400+ yards with little or no running game and still lose? As we all know, there is more to it than just stats. It is indeed a case of both/and. You need the stats and you need what SJ76 is suggesting: leadership, hutzpah, guts, backbone, the desire to win above the next guy, whatever you want to call it, you also need that quality. Most guys are about stats but the true greats are the guys who have both. So you are both right!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go Stat geeks here we go. C'mon jeez. Yes leave out that Orton was benched after going 1-3, then Tebow comes in and leads the Denver to a playoff berth and win.

So why was he benched??!! Lol. Why did Tebow keep the job?

How many times are you going to be blinded by a % and ignore the W/L column. Sorry but that is just stupid. I bet you $1000 that Denver ball control was almost double what it was with Tebow over Orton. Ball control + good D and timely scoring (clutch) = playoffs. Been sayin it for years.

Haters.... Just stop. Too many agendas out there today. It's pathetic.

The anti-Christian movement is here. And it's pretty sad.

W/L is a team stat
completion % is a QB/WR stat

Which is more telling of a pitcher's abilities? K/BB ratio, ERA/WHIP, or wins?

Anti-Christian movement? Is Tebow the only Christian QB? He is the only shot-putting QB however.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W/L is a team stat

Anti-Christian movement? Is Tebow the only Christian QB? He is the only shot-putting QB however.
I don't know shopson, this is a very questionable post in total.

I'm not sure you believe a single character you typed here. Either way I'm not buying any of it.

So are we to believe you think the Offensive line has nothing to do with the the completion percentage? No pass pro, no time in the pocket. Or how about the kicking game. Do you think field position has no effect on how they're gonna chuck it?. Oh and defense, if you got a lead, do they just keep on taking high risk shots across the field or when behind do they just take what the defense gives 'em? Forget about the coaching staffs impact on a QB's completion percentage.

There all are team stats but to SJ's point, it's easier to evaluate when you have the same team with a different leader plugged in the offense.

W/L is a team stat

Yes, the silent majority has been getting walked on for a long time now and those trekking are enjoying every step.

As far as Tim Tebow goes, are you saying his outward Christian profession hasn't had a negative effect on his career?