• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Suggs gets 4-year extension

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Terrell Suggs signed a four-year contract extension Monday, a deal the Pro Bowl linebacker envisions will allow him to finish his career with the Baltimore Ravens.

"I'm truly flattered and honored that I get to be Raven for life," Suggs said during a news conference to announce the deal.
Suggs, 31, will receive $21 million over the first three years of the contract, which includes $16 million guaranteed. The Ravens also freed up $4 million in cap space.

A first-round pick in 2003, Suggs has been to six Pro Bowls and was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2011. He is the team's all-time leader in sacks (94.5) and forced fumbles (29).

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said he recently watched film of Suggs and gained a new appreciation of the linebacker's play.

"He affects [offenses] in the passing game as well as the running game," Newsome said. "It was something that jumped out to me."

Suggs had a tremendous start in 2013 with nine sacks in his first eight games. But he managed only 20 tackles and one sack in his final eight games.

"I think I was probably trying to do too much," Suggs said. "As one game went by and two games went by, it was like, 'I need to get a sack, I need to get a sack.' I stopped letting the game come to me."

Suggs was entering the final year of his contract, and there was speculation the Ravens may cut him if the sides didn't agree to an extension.

With his status no longer in question, Suggs said he is pleased to know he'll never wear another team's uniform.

"That's the plan, unless Ozzie has a trick up his sleeve," Suggs said. "Sizzle will be a Raven for life."

Terrell Suggs, Baltimore Ravens agree to four-year extension - ESPN

Well, he got paid.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$7 mill a year basically. Sounds about right for suggs. Might be a bit high imo but not ridiculous

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah really isn't that bad of a deal. The last couple of years when his play really drops off will hurt the team some but in reality this isn't one of those contracts that really sets the franchise back for years to come. Definitely a lot better deal for the team than Flacco's.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fmv2np.jpg

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloth loves Chunk

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserving

I always liked T Sizzle, good for him, he comes to play every day. I actually saw him in the Vegas airport last week, he and a small entourage sat down at the Southwest gate for a few minutes, he was reading off a list of foods, a pretty long one that he is apparently allergic to. He also mentioned that if anyone wanted to drink shots they with him they would be required to drink a gallon of water in between each one, I thought that was a pretty good policy. He wasn't on the SW flight obviously.