• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tempers at Rams game

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Kudos for the Panthers winning the head game although I would rather it not come to that. It was reported that it started after the hit on Cam after the hand off. I think it started earlier when the rams d was mocking Cam after hits and sacks.
A bit classless and it came back. To bite them in the ass

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to see this.

Steve Smith of Carolina Panthers unleashes expletive-laced tirade against Janoris Jenkins of St. Louis Rams - ESPN

At first I thought the gameplan might have included getting into the Rams heads. They are a young team and could be goaded into mistakes. But after seeing this, apparently Janoris Jenkins made some comments about Steve Smith's wife, I'd have to say the Rams were just plain stupid. And this was going on the entire game, long before the fights started. The announcers kept saying the Rams coaches needed to yank Jenkins aside and tell him to stop mouthing off to Smitty, you don't win a war of words with Smitty. Gotta give Smith credit, a few years ago, Jenkins would have been carted off the field in a coma. In any case, there is a line, Jenkins crossed it and he needs to learn that some subjects are off limits. Right now he's coming off as a crybaby.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^
Below is the transcript from Smith's post-game interview:

Take us through the touchdown, looks like you made some guys missed. "I’ll let Janoris Jenkins go over it on film on Monday."

Did you point to him? "Yes, I directly pointed to him."

Did you think you’d get a taunting penalty? "Don’t give a damn."

What was the dance you did? "Well he thinks he’s Deion (Sanders). He’s not."

To get your 800th catch against him… "He’s just another notch on the bedpost. That’s 800. He ain’t no different."

For your 800th to be a touchdown, what’s that mean to you? "Just another dude."

Did you have any run-ins with him before? "No. What I don’t like is a young guy, comes in, obviously his first time ever using the internet and Google, and he Googles information about me, talks about my wife and stuff like that. That’s kind of some of the (B.S). I just don’t play with."

What specifically was he saying? "That’s all I’m going to say. I don’t play them games. When you try to take it personal like that, I don’t have any great humbling things to say. So he can take his (butt) back to St. Louis and watch the (expletive) film because I don’t play them games. And if I see him in the streets I’m going to bust him in his (expletive) mouth.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rams tackle #62 Dahl was in the middle of a lot of the disputes. He was upset, understandably, when Bradford got hurt (he tore his acl, btw), but there was nothing dirty about the play - mitchell got a hold of him while SB was still in bounds.

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it for Bradford but it was a very physical and trash talking game I said on the game thread yesterday that Sims and Quinn were mocking Cam and I knew that could cause some trouble I am suprised there werent at least one more ejection in that game. Now that game is history lets beat Tampa Thursday night!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, but a bit surprised to hear the Rams were trash talking about someones wife and such. Haven't heard about them doing that sort of thing much in the past. Losing does bring out the worst in people, I guess.