• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teh Great White Shark GNT

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 3 biggest improvements he has made have been his Angles, he was horrendous at that at the start of the season and even last year with the hawks, he would get beat regularly on long shots, it hasnt happened in quite some time.

2 blocker side, it was a weakness now its a strength, he had Nabbyideous blocker side early in the season. But that is no longer a problem

3 rebound control, it went from being a ECHl call up react to the shot late and spray it leave it in bad areas horrendous. To putting it in corners or controling to where he can smoother it.

Getting in to training camp late probably hurt too, but those are the 3 biggest improvements, also the defense has been huge with the adjustments they have made as well.

from what I've seen, I agree with all 3, but this is the biggest. He's still leaving juicy rebounds but the sharks D has been SO good at preventing second chances. This is part of the development of the top 6. They are controlling the front of the net nicely and niemi is excellent at stopping pucks if he sees it, and so far, I think he has pretty well. Could bode well for the PO's that niemi seems sharp, the D is playing quite well in their own zone, and the team is getting enough (still not alot, but enough) scoring without the 2 highest paid guys on the team. Torture part deux!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ummm... pavs not doing anything? come again? He's only been the best forward by far since his return from injury and the team is only 12-3-1 since that time. He only has 11 pts and +9 in the last 10 games.

Patty too you sell short with that one. He's been skating pretty well this past several weeks, particularly shorthanded. He and pavs have been a scary due shorthanded and Marleau has been hustling and using his speed far more of late.

Certainly jumbo had another pooptastic game and heater as well, so Yes, it is pretty amazing that they can win games without those two bums. Their D core as a whole is playing SO well during this stretch. Boyler has really shored up his game. Niemi has been dominant. wallin and huskins have played like NHLers and Murray continues to be a defensive force, blocking shots and hitting everything.

Demers too continued his excellent development. it's hard to believe that he is in his 1st full year in the NHL. He's so poised, you'd think he was 32 not 22! He will be a top pairing for a long time I believe. He is an above average skater with a reasonable shot, but great vision and smarts. Much like a vlasic but with real offensive ability.

The Sharks D next year could be really good with braun in there too.

However, their schedule during this run has not been THAT tough. No games against vancouver, detroit, philly, or tampa (the top 4 teams in the league) and lots of pretty weak opponents. However, the 3 game trip coming up is a real test. Detroit is playing extremely well as is calgary. Pitt is so injured it's sad, but still, they are a threat particularly on the B2B. If they win at least two of those games, then that would be amazingly cool.

The issue have with the top 4, is that with all the other roll players carrying the load they should be stand outs, and they arent. They are barely noticable on the ice unless its something bad.

Of course maybe its a sign the team is becoming more like the red wings where everyone contributes night in and night out so everyone is getting a piece of the pie instead of just those 4.

Patty has been good during the streak actually even before it, he atleast was picking up his defensive game. Pavelski is on his normal tear then its ghost.

But maybe im just being a bit harsh on him, ill try to pay more attention to him, but everytime i see him he is booting the puck or brain farting something fierece on a defensive play.

Blue line in like i've said he is fantastic, anything after that not so much lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from what I've seen, I agree with all 3, but this is the biggest. He's still leaving juicy rebounds but the sharks D has been SO good at preventing second chances. This is part of the development of the top 6. They are controlling the front of the net nicely and niemi is excellent at stopping pucks if he sees it, and so far, I think he has pretty well. Could bode well for the PO's that niemi seems sharp, the D is playing quite well in their own zone, and the team is getting enough (still not alot, but enough) scoring without the 2 highest paid guys on the team. Torture part deux!

One other thing is it looks like his skating and mobility have improved, but like i said that could be the catching up late for missing most of camp. Yeah its wierd that the sharks are controling the front of their own net, thats never happened in 20 years

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 biggest improvements he has made have been his Angles, he was horrendous at that at the start of the season and even last year with the hawks, he would get beat regularly on long shots, it hasnt happened in quite some time.

2 blocker side, it was a weakness now its a strength, he had Nabbyideous blocker side early in the season. But that is no longer a problem

3 rebound control, it went from being a ECHl call up react to the shot late and spray it leave it in bad areas horrendous. To putting it in corners or controling to where he can smoother it.

Getting in to training camp late probably hurt too, but those are the 3 biggest improvements, also the defense has been huge with the adjustments they have made as well.

I can't tell all the nuances of what makes a good goalie so that's why i askedI was going to say that I notice him being able to stop plays more frequently now too. Every game he's having to make some very good saves on great chances. He seems "in the zone".

Last edited by a moderator: