• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teh Great White Shark GNT

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I'm hoping too. Todd wants the dmen to jump in if they happen to see an opportunity so as White gets used to that, I hope we can see breakouts where he joins the rush as a legit option to score. Not like, say, Vlasic or Wallin on the rush which wouldn't scare any goalie.

White is going to take a ton of pressure off of pickles, you have no idea, i think we are going to see Vlasics numbers start to jump now as well. White is probably going to be the first partner Vlasics had that he doesnt have to baby sit in quite some time. Their mobility and styles of play should compliment each other nicely

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it just me or has any noticed Pavelski, Thornton, Heatley or Marleau at all tonight on the ice? Invisible for all of those Chodes, even Mitchell is standing out more then those guys

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
White sure is mobile, but he really likes to jump up and get down low in the O-zone. That's all well and good against the Avs, who cant beat... well, anyone. Against better teams that can control the puck with all 5 guys and beat you in transition, white will need to be careful. I look forward to seeing him vs. detroit. That's a good test for him defensively...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
White sure is mobile, but he really likes to jump up and get down low in the O-zone. That's all well and good against the Avs, who cant beat... well, anyone. Against better teams that can control the puck with all 5 guys and beat you in transition, white will need to be careful. I look forward to seeing him vs. detroit. That's a good test for him defensively...

The Av's are giving it to him though, Detroit isnt going to let him walk down the boards on the backside like that all night like the Av's are. So i doubt he will take those chances.

Watch the Av's on defense all 6 players are facing the puck not one of them has their head on a swivel in their own zone, that's why that opition is open

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean pressure off Vlasic as in someone to defer to as a breakout option, I agree. Vlasic's best breakout play will be to give White the puck (is they are indeed paired together). I haven't seen enough of his d play to make a real assessment. He makes quick passes to the open guy, even when pressured, so I can tell he's got a good idea of what's happening on the ice and where the players are. I've seen him take a hit to make a play. I haven't seen enough of him handling the grinding cycle game from opposing forwards. It's "just" the Avs so we'll see how that goes as the Sharks play better forwards and teams.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you mean pressure off Vlasic as in someone to defer to as a breakout option, I agree. Vlasic's best breakout play will be to give White the puck (is they are indeed paired together). I haven't seen enough of his d play to make a real assessment. He makes quick passes to the open guy, even when pressured, so I can tell he's got a good idea of what's happening on the ice and where the players are. I've seen him take a hit to make a play. I haven't seen enough of him handling the grinding cycle game from opposing forwards. It's "just" the Avs so we'll see how that goes as the Sharks play better forwards and teams.

Vlasic's problem is that he has to play defense for 2 defensemen everytime he is on the ice, he has to be aware of the forward he is dealing with and the plays developing behind him as well. Thats what i mean as baby sitting.

He is defensively responsible first, because everyone he has been paired with hasnt been. White can get the puck out on his own and will be able to back up Valsic if he steps up on a play to start a break out the other way, instead of playing it safe and playing gap control and angles all the time.

If he has a partner he can trust playing with him it will do wonders for him.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like how this team is starting to stick up for each other on the ice, any time theres a cheap shot the whole team is in on it defending a teammate, thats a new development ever since Rat Face got low bridged

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow marleau working hard like a 4th liner on that pp to bad thornton wasnt

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Budaji is starting to get frustrated with his team, you can see it in his body language

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALright SETO!!! Hats off to you

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like Devo has his grove back, thats good and bad lol contract year lol

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone reads this that was at the game, what was the crowd chanting with 10 seconds left in the game?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All this winning without the big 3 and medium 1 (pavelski) not doing jack shit, its impressive. If those chodes get going and the bottom part of the line up keeps it up this team in the playoffs is going to be a handful

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first, then Sharks get laxed, but the Avs aren't good enough to do much. Keep it up Niemi. I'm eating crow too Korky. If he has somehow turned a corner in his career, he should be retained. I still want to see more from him.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great first, then Sharks get laxed, but the Avs aren't good enough to do much. Keep it up Niemi. I'm eating crow too Korky. If he has somehow turned a corner in his career, he should be retained. I still want to see more from him.

I think this last stretch is proving he isnt a flash in the pan, he did the same exact thing last season. Obviously playoffs make or break you. But honestly there arent any better options available next off season any way, and he is still very young.

It gives Stalock one more year the AHL and Nitty is gone, and then the transition for Stalock taking over for Niemi would work out nicely. The guy just stops pucks and is unbeatable low, his mobility is second to none in the league, i cant think of a goaltender that moves better then him once he is down on the ice.

Unless he is asking for Loungo or Vokun money Dwill has to retain him for atleast the next 2 seasons if he were smart, dont let it go into the off season

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this last stretch is proving he isnt a flash in the pan, he did the same exact thing last season. Obviously playoffs make or break you. But honestly there arent any better options available next off season any way, and he is still very young.

It gives Stalock one more year the AHL and Nitty is gone, and then the transition for Stalock taking over for Niemi would work out nicely. The guy just stops pucks and is unbeatable low, his mobility is second to none in the league, i cant think of a goaltender that moves better then him once he is down on the ice.

Unless he is asking for Loungo or Vokun money Dwill has to retain him for atleast the next 2 seasons if he were smart, dont let it go into the off season

Can you list a few things that you've seen him improve on just this season? Giving Stalock another year or two wold be ideal. If the Sharks make the playoffs, Niemi's playoff performance will hugely determine his asking price.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All this winning without the big 3 and medium 1 (pavelski) not doing jack shit, its impressive. If those chodes get going and the bottom part of the line up keeps it up this team in the playoffs is going to be a handful

ummm... pavs not doing anything? come again? He's only been the best forward by far since his return from injury and the team is only 12-3-1 since that time. He only has 11 pts and +9 in the last 10 games.

Patty too you sell short with that one. He's been skating pretty well this past several weeks, particularly shorthanded. He and pavs have been a scary due shorthanded and Marleau has been hustling and using his speed far more of late.

Certainly jumbo had another pooptastic game and heater as well, so Yes, it is pretty amazing that they can win games without those two bums. Their D core as a whole is playing SO well during this stretch. Boyler has really shored up his game. Niemi has been dominant. wallin and huskins have played like NHLers and Murray continues to be a defensive force, blocking shots and hitting everything.

Demers too continued his excellent development. it's hard to believe that he is in his 1st full year in the NHL. He's so poised, you'd think he was 32 not 22! He will be a top pairing for a long time I believe. He is an above average skater with a reasonable shot, but great vision and smarts. Much like a vlasic but with real offensive ability.

The Sharks D next year could be really good with braun in there too.

However, their schedule during this run has not been THAT tough. No games against vancouver, detroit, philly, or tampa (the top 4 teams in the league) and lots of pretty weak opponents. However, the 3 game trip coming up is a real test. Detroit is playing extremely well as is calgary. Pitt is so injured it's sad, but still, they are a threat particularly on the B2B. If they win at least two of those games, then that would be amazingly cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
HAHAHAHA!!! nice job postgame producers... They totally cut off niemi!! hahaha...

Maybe that explains the lack of euros on the sharks?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can you list a few things that you've seen him improve on just this season? Giving Stalock another year or two wold be ideal. If the Sharks make the playoffs, Niemi's playoff performance will hugely determine his asking price.

The 3 biggest improvements he has made have been his Angles, he was horrendous at that at the start of the season and even last year with the hawks, he would get beat regularly on long shots, it hasnt happened in quite some time.

2 blocker side, it was a weakness now its a strength, he had Nabbyideous blocker side early in the season. But that is no longer a problem

3 rebound control, it went from being a ECHl call up react to the shot late and spray it leave it in bad areas horrendous. To putting it in corners or controling to where he can smoother it.

Getting in to training camp late probably hurt too, but those are the 3 biggest improvements, also the defense has been huge with the adjustments they have made as well.